Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2010, 05:54 AM

57,269 posts, read 26,199,434 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryjohns View Post

I think because dragging in sports figures and grilling them is easier than doing the job we sent them to do. They get to be on the news and give the impression they are doing something, just not the something they need to be doing.
I agree congress has better things to do than interrogate sports figures but in this case Clemens asked to come before congress to clear his “good name”. This is only important in respect to how high school athletes are affected by the drug culture of these sports figures.

They did not subpoena him he went voluntarily and lied under oath and he got what he asked for. I have to wonder what his lawyers advice was or if he ignored them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2010, 05:55 AM

1,632 posts, read 3,326,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HookTheBrotherUp View Post
Clements indicted. Woo-hoo! Yeah Baby!

I don't follow baseball, nor am I a fan of Roger, but what did the case prove, what good did it contribute to the world? I want to call this a waste of good taxper money.
It's stupid cases like this that keep men like Peter Cantu alive for 16 years while his appeals are bogged down in the court system. What a joke.

Old 08-20-2010, 05:59 AM

958 posts, read 2,573,859 times
Its really sad that congress wants to waste time on stuff like this.

Old 08-20-2010, 06:34 AM

5,976 posts, read 15,270,067 times
Default Typical...

Quote:
Originally Posted by predatorprey View Post
Its really sad that congress wants to waste time on stuff like this.
It is so they can pat themselves on the back and show you how they did good work for you. 'Like the time my son brought in his Tonka truck filled with mud after a rain, made a volcano on our nice and shiny maplewood hardwood floor, and proudly dragged me to it for me to behold!

Old 08-20-2010, 12:13 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,565,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonRonnie View Post
Yep, and Favre's gonna play for the Vikings again this year. Who gives a rat's rectum?

Ronnie
Me, my mom, my grandma, my cousins Sten, Ollie and Emert up in St. Cloud....

Old 08-20-2010, 12:30 PM

8,376 posts, read 30,700,202 times
Quote:
It is so they can pat themselves on the back and show you how they did good work for you. 'Like the time my son brought in his Tonka truck filled with mud after a rain, made a volcano on our nice and shiny maplewood hardwood floor, and proudly dragged me to it for me to behold!

It's an easy kill for them, which is why they're going after him. Take all of his money, give him 30 days and a long probation after a plea bargain.

Old 08-20-2010, 12:41 PM

9,053 posts, read 17,197,318 times
Quote:
Closer to when a toddler in toilet training drags people over to see what he did in his little pottie chair.

Old 08-20-2010, 12:51 PM

799 posts, read 2,441,458 times
Hey Roger, repeat after me," I plead the FIFTH!" Would have saved you a lot of money and heartache.

Old 08-20-2010, 01:13 PM

344 posts, read 1,187,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtgmike View Post
Hey Roger, repeat after me," I plead the FIFTH!" Would have saved you a lot of money and heartache.
Absolutely, this is nothing but a self-inflicted wound. The hearings were a giant waste of time, but committing perjury is stupid times infinity squared. Stupidity with a liberal dose of arrogance thrown in.

You can lie to your wife, you can lie to your bosses, you can lie to the media, and so on; but, when someone from the fed has you make statements under oath, you damn sure don't want to start lying then. The next person you'll be lying to will be your cellmate.

Old 08-20-2010, 03:02 PM

433 posts, read 701,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtgmike View Post
They were going to drop the hearing, but Clemens insisted on going on through with it. Arrogance and stupidity. He is digging his own grave by keeping Rusty Hardin around. What a great friend Lance Berkman is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: