U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-30-2007, 04:14 PM

2,703 posts, read 387,957 times

Advertisements

It doesn't do better than all districts. At least not Katy I.S.D.
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2007, 04:35 PM

44 posts, read 196,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charris911 View Post
Regarding Cy-Fair ISD and open-concept. "They" wont budge because if you look at scores and students, Cy-Fair ISD does better than most if not all districts with closed-concept. From my work with open-concept, the only ones that do not like the concept are parents, that were not raised in that type of classroom setting. The district is excellent at the elementary level.
What are the high schools like? and what zip code(s) would I type in to look at some homes.? thanks

Old 06-30-2007, 06:30 PM

1,186 posts, read 4,442,101 times
Recommend Cy-Fair, Cy-Creek and Cy-Woods. The new Cy-Ranch HS which opens in 2008 will be solid as well. Other good choices, but these are the schools and areas I'm most familiar with.

Here are the zip codes for these areas:

77429 and 77433 are the main "Cypress, TX" zip codes (Cy-Fair, Cy-Woods HS)

77070 for Lakewood Forest Area (Cy-Creek, Cy-Fair HS)

77069 for Champions area (Cy-Creek HS)

Quote:
It doesn't do better than all districts. At least not Katy I.S.D.
Cy-Fair was rated ahead of Katy ISD for years up until last year, these two districts flip flop between being the best district in Greater Houston all the time (with FBISD occasionally in the mix as well). Keep in mind the district is growing at a rate of about 5,000-7,000 new students per year which presents quite a challenge for any district. This has long been one of the top-rated districts in Greater Houston. I expect them to be back up at the top again.

Last edited by Mr. Football; 06-30-2007 at 06:51 PM..

Old 06-30-2007, 08:04 PM

212 posts, read 900,920 times
I dont know what the area around Bridgeland is, but I went thru Bridgeland today, and its coming along very nice. I turned into development off Fry Rd and like a commercial, geese were landing at a lake and some kids and parents fishing on the other side! I was impressed...I do not know the zip code their. I went thru House Hahl Road all the way out to Katy Hockley, its going to be a huge property when its all said and done. Must see, out there.

Mr. Football probably knows, but I see the three schools (elementary, middle and high school) being constructed on Fry Road, and the Cy-Fair ISD school board just bought another piece of property inside the development for another elementary school in a few years.

Old 06-30-2007, 09:47 PM

1,186 posts, read 4,442,101 times
Yes, that whole area is 'En Fuego' at the $250K on up price point.

Cy-Fair is planning 2 new HS right now. Not sure where they'll go. I can only assume that one will be in either Bridgeland or Fairfield (even though they're already building one outside of Bridgeland - Cypress Ranch). There are currently 8 Cy-Fair ISD High Schools with 2 more slated to open next year and another 2 that will be built within 4 years - bringing the total to 12 in the short-term.

Old 07-01-2007, 07:16 AM

Houston Community Newspapers Online - CFISD to buy Bridgeland, Fairfield property (broken link)

Old 07-01-2007, 08:01 AM

63 posts, read 334,798 times
Default open concept not for my kid

This is why we never even considered Cypress.. The "open concept" would have been a disaster for my daughter... A child has to have a great attention span to learn in that type of learning enviroment. The next county over where we live now, the elementary schools have "open concept" and for the most part I have heard horror stories.. Most people I know from that county have pulled there kids out and put them in private school!

Old 07-01-2007, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Football View Post
Yes, that whole area is 'En Fuego' at the $250K on up price point.

Cy-Fair is planning 2 new HS right now. Not sure where they'll go. I can only assume that one will be in either Bridgeland or Fairfield (even though they're already building one outside of Bridgeland - Cypress Ranch). There are currently 8 Cy-Fair ISD High Schools with 2 more slated to open next year and another 2 that will be built within 4 years - bringing the total to 12 in the short-term.
Cy-Fair is so big! Have they ever thought up splitting up the district? I have never seen a suburban school district so big.

Old 07-01-2007, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerilla View Post
Cy-Fair is so big! Have they ever thought up splitting up the district? I have never seen a suburban school district so big.
Why would they split the district? I think the projections show build-out at around 125,000-135,000 students. With all the complications of splitting a special district (ISD), it will never happen (its easier to consolidate ie: Cypress and Fairbanks)...the area has grown into one community "Cy-Fair".

Last edited by charris911; 07-01-2007 at 02:28 PM.. Reason: Error

Old 07-01-2007, 04:41 PM

But it is a suburban school district. I am not the first to think of doing this to Cy-Fair. I saw the proposal somewhere else. If not splitting it up, they should divide it into two different parts, but still have it under one district.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston