U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
 
Old 09-23-2010, 07:58 AM
 
Location: 77059
7,712 posts, read 17,911,936 times
Reputation: 3766
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post

other places in Texas exaggerate our heat making it sound like it is much worse than other places, it is not any worse than SA or Dallas
It is certainly not any better either.
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-23-2010, 08:18 AM
 
Location: Up on the moon laughing down on you
18,516 posts, read 15,765,525 times
Reputation: 7257
Quote:
Originally Posted by tstone View Post
It is certainly not any better either.
never said it was better, I have spoken to idiots who actually believe that houston is much worse than Dallas and the other cities, they say crap like I could visit SA or Dallas, but houston is too hot for me. that is stupid because the weather in those are just as bad. people believe all the over exaggerations

if they can tolerate the other cities they certainly can tolerate Houston
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-23-2010, 09:06 AM
 
3,093 posts, read 5,750,082 times
Reputation: 2162
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
That's mean I start to see people with flip flops, shorts, jackets and...
???
ROFL!

So true...last year, I remember it dipping into the 70s and seeing people walking around in fleece-lined boots, hats & scarves.

I'm just looking forward to not perspiring over the simplest of tasks.

Can't wait!
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-23-2010, 09:17 AM
 
Location: Underneath the Pecan Tree
15,831 posts, read 19,329,059 times
Reputation: 6657
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
never said it was better, I have spoken to idiots who actually believe that houston is much worse than Dallas and the other cities, they say crap like I could visit SA or Dallas, but houston is too hot for me. that is stupid because the weather in those are just as bad. people believe all the over exaggerations

if they can tolerate the other cities they certainly can tolerate Houston
Houston actually feels worse than Dallas and San Antonio imo, but Dallas affects me much more. The sun beams down on you which is more likely to cause fainting, headaches, heat strokes, and more.

I remember that year I went to Sixflags in Arlington with my friends and two of them almost passed out. Never seen anything like this happen in Houston.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-23-2010, 09:43 AM
 
Location: Up on the moon laughing down on you
18,516 posts, read 15,765,525 times
Reputation: 7257
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
Houston actually feels worse than Dallas and San Antonio imo, but Dallas affects me much more. The sun beams down on you which is more likely to cause fainting, headaches, heat strokes, and more.

I remember that year I went to Sixflags in Arlington with my friends and two of them almost passed out. Never seen anything like this happen in Houston.
have you lived in San Antonio over the summer? I spent the last 4 summers there, trust me, it feels just as bad in SA and the last summer in SA (59 days over 100) was worse than anything I have felt in Houston.

having 100+ degrees for two straight months with heat indexes of 105 plus for those two months and a few days hitting 110 is not more tolerable than Houston's weather. Goodbye Summer - Hello Fall - Are 100 Degree Days Behind Us San Antonio?

I have never felt that kind of heat for that long in Houston ever. In fact it hit the 90's 7 times in october in SA last year

Quote:
There are several interesting things that can be deduced from these statistics:
100 temperatures have been recorded as early as February and as late as September (99 in October also says that 100 that month is definitely not out of the question).
Is San Antonio weather really that bad?

October 2009 saw 7 days above 85 and of those 7 three were above 90. Those seven days were scattered within the first two weeks.

Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-23-2010, 12:11 PM
 
Location: Underneath the Pecan Tree
15,831 posts, read 19,329,059 times
Reputation: 6657
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
have you lived in San Antonio over the summer? I spent the last 4 summers there, trust me, it feels just as bad in SA and the last summer in SA (59 days over 100) was worse than anything I have felt in Houston.

having 100+ degrees for two straight months with heat indexes of 105 plus for those two months and a few days hitting 110 is not more tolerable than Houston's weather. Goodbye Summer - Hello Fall - Are 100 Degree Days Behind Us San Antonio?

I have never felt that kind of heat for that long in Houston ever. In fact it hit the 90's 7 times in october in SA last year
I've never lived in San Antonio, but I use to visit family down there during the summer. Houston still felt more uncomfortable to me. 110 is high, but having 90 degrees with high humidity can feel just as brutal.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-23-2010, 12:18 PM
 
Location: Up on the moon laughing down on you
18,516 posts, read 15,765,525 times
Reputation: 7257
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
I've never lived in San Antonio, but I use to visit family down there during the summer. Houston still felt more uncomfortable to me. 110 is high, but having 90 degrees with high humidity can feel just as brutal.
you are assuming that Houston is the only one that has high humidity. Take a gander at SA's daytime humidity.

sa right now 85 with 65% humidity
Houston 86 with 64% humidity

seems like twins to me.

I don't know how people can say it is much worse in Houston

77002 Weather Forecast and Conditions

90 degrees with humidity might be brutal, but 104 in SA with just as much humidity is even more brutal.

I had 4 years of the stuff
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-23-2010, 12:42 PM
 
3,093 posts, read 5,750,082 times
Reputation: 2162
I lived through 8 years (summers) in San Antonio and still find the heat in Houston to be much more oppressive than in SA in general. That's not to say that SA can have some prolonged, bad heat/humidity spells. It's in Texas, after all.

I thought last summer here was horribly hot, humid and long - never experienced anything like that during my 8 yrs in SA.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-23-2010, 12:46 PM
 
Location: Up on the moon laughing down on you
18,516 posts, read 15,765,525 times
Reputation: 7257
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sampaguita View Post
I lived through 8 years (summers) in San Antonio and still find the heat in Houston to be much more oppressive than in SA in general. That's not to say that SA can have some prolonged, bad heat/humidity spells. It's in Texas, after all.
okay you have me beat by double

Quote:
I thought last summer here was horribly hot, humid and long - never experienced anything like that during my 8 yrs in SA.
I would have gladly traded you my summer last year in SA for the summer in Houston. I was watching you guys with envious eyes.

Our summer in SA lasted till mid October and then jumped into an unusually cold winter.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-23-2010, 12:56 PM
 
3,093 posts, read 5,750,082 times
Reputation: 2162
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
okay you have me beat by double



I would have gladly traded you my summer last year in SA for the summer in Houston. I was watching you guys with envious eyes.

Our summer in SA lasted till mid October and then jumped into an unusually cold winter.
Ha-ha. I personally love San Antonio - heat & all - so I would have gladly traded places with you, too.

We had the same kind of summer here last year - went hot 'til about mid October (I remember thinking how much I wanted to put out Fall decor but it just didn't feel right!) and then we had snow and all the below freezing days for winter.

All I can say is: Central Air...it's a good thing.

Hoping winter is a bit milder this time.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top