Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2010, 01:51 PM

1,106 posts, read 2,657,391 times

Advertisements

What would you think if they built a mosque in your neighborhood?

I'm trying to understand how Houstonians might feel on this issue.

Old 09-25-2010, 02:15 PM

239 posts, read 639,070 times
My only concern whatsoever would be from any idiots who might try to lash out against them at the site. I'd hate to be on the over-spill of something like that, just as I'd hate to be on the over-spill from any other brand of stupidity and meanness.

Old 09-25-2010, 02:20 PM

192 posts, read 436,262 times
Eh - as an atheist, I wouldn't be too thrilled about any religious building being built nearby, but whatever - this is America, people can do whatever they want.

Old 09-25-2010, 03:02 PM

8,376 posts, read 30,702,433 times
We pretty much have one already, and it doesn't concern me (at this time).

Old 09-25-2010, 03:06 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,566,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glorplaxy View Post
What would you think if they built a mosque in your neighborhood?

I'm trying to understand how Houstonians might feel on this issue.
They have one right down the street from me. My neighborhood is increasingly becoming more and more Muslim. Guess where all the crime comes from in my neighborhood? Americans robbing the Muslims.

Old 09-25-2010, 03:09 PM

3,106 posts, read 9,124,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GettaClue View Post
My only concern whatsoever would be from any idiots who might try to lash out against them at the site. I'd hate to be on the over-spill of something like that, just as I'd hate to be on the over-spill from any other brand of stupidity and meanness.
That's my answer to that, too.

Old 09-25-2010, 03:09 PM

4,380 posts, read 4,623,797 times
How do Houstonians feel about it?? You ask as if Mosque are not common in Houston...I stay right down the street from a Mosque in HUMBLE of all places..it's plenty of muslims that live in Houston so why ask a question about how we would feel about a Mosque?? This isn't the 20's or the 30's do you reside in Houston or do you think Houston is ass backwards just asking

Old 09-25-2010, 03:23 PM

225 posts, read 597,458 times
Thumbs up to everyone on the thread.

I work next door to a mosque. It doesn't bother me. I'd like to know the OP's reason for asking as well.

Old 09-25-2010, 03:33 PM

32 posts, read 104,020 times
As long as they dont teach radicalism and killing Americans, thats fine with me. If they are peaceful and law abiding to the country that has adopted them, its a no concern, but if they start to rule out that their religion is fairer than my christianity, I think we will have an argument in there; The United States is a country born of free societies and religion specifically Christianity. We never offended our Muslim brothers until the idiots of 9/11 started it. That is why, you cannot erase the demeaned American he starts shooting his gun to a run amock muslim if he starts to violate American laws. We will be as peaceful as them until someone might start a spark then its a definitive Texan action.

Old 09-25-2010, 03:41 PM

4,380 posts, read 4,623,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaio71 View Post
As long as they dont teach radicalism and killing Americans, thats fine with me. If they are peaceful and law abiding to the country that has adopted them, its a no concern, but if they start to rule out that their religion is fairer than my christianity, I think we will have an argument in there; The United States is a country born of free societies and religion specifically Christianity. We never offended our Muslim brothers until the idiots of 9/11 started it. That is why, you cannot erase the demeaned American he starts shooting his gun to a run amock muslim if he starts to violate American laws. We will be as peaceful as them until someone might start a spark then its a definitive Texan action.
Lmao...more Christians force there beliefs on people then muslims in this country...just like Christianity has just as much blood on there hands as Islam..I'm against organized religions myself but I see a Church and a Mosque everyday so it doesn't bother me because people choose to follow there own faith. It's been Mosque in Houston for years and years. How many radical muslims have you ran across here in Houston??? I can tell you I've ran into way more radical RACIST close minded hypocritical christians in Texas my whole life...and I understand because Christianity is the dominate religion here in the states. Not to mention this country who was born out of Christianity also used that same book to enslave my ancestors.. yeah I can feel this thread being shut down
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston