U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2010, 12:30 AM

7,352 posts, read 8,082,018 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by movetotexas09 View Post
Based from my engineering background I will implement trial and error technique to determine the chances of success .How would you know the chances if you dont negotiate? if they say no to your price then wait for a month. If house is still available at thattime then offer your price again then repeat same process.

But what do I know, i am not a Lawyer.
HaHa - I call this the Chinese water torture method - and it sometimes works - especially in foreclosures. I once helped a client buy a $899K foreclosure in Tanglewood (not Tangelwilde) for $650K. We had to drip it over 9 times.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2010, 08:45 PM

56 posts, read 66,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyeAnjel View Post
What your saying is that you want to use a buyers agent commission as wiggle room in your negotiations, use your Realtor friend to do the part you don't want to,and ask for most of his commission back , so he's working for free? and your research includes asking agents (indirectly on forums) that you don't need for help. Yet you don't need a buyers agent. I'm sorry but that in my opinion isn't fair, especially since your agent is your friend. Are you going to do legal work for him for free? I doubt it.
This is the pro-business slant that I mentioned earlier. The OP sounds like he's just trying to save a little money doing something he enjoys. Why not, especially if he has a qualified friend willing to help? Its also interesting that you assumed the OP would not do legal work for free (again the pro-business prespective). I would bet the OP probably gives legal advice to friends all the time.

Friends helping friends is not a bad thing. In fact, its probably a good idea to have an attorney owe you a favor or two

There's nothing wrong with a pro-business slant to things within reason but to say he's being unfair to his friend or imply he is somehow not a good friend to his friend I think may be a bit too far.

Just my two cents..

Old 04-30-2011, 03:13 PM

7 posts, read 11,734 times
Sales people who work for builders are on 100% commission and do not get a paycheck unless they sell a home. They will do whatever they can to give you the best deal. If you are considering a $250k sales prioce why would you even look at $310k??? You can't afford that! What makes you think you can get $60k off? She is more than likely telling you the truth. And, you don't need a Realtor to represent you on that one. She is desperately trying to make a paycheck by trying right off the bat to get where you want to be. You might be able to squeeze out something like blinds or appliances but as far as price....she can't do that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston