Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 02:30 AM

2 posts, read 2,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by l3m View Post
I lived at the Lakes of Cinco Ranch from Jan - May this year. We liked the area because although it was in a commercial area, it didn't feel congested and had easy access to 99. If you want to go downtown, from 99 you can go north to I-10 or south to Westpark Tollway. Target is right behind the complex within walking distance, HEB and Home Depot is on Fry Rd. one exit south on 99, Best Buy and Walmart are 3 miles south on 99. Lots of restaurants on Mason Rd and Fry Rd area along I-10. It's a five minute walk to the La Centerra shopping area on the corner Cinco Ranch Blvd. and Commercial Center Blvd. Katy Mills mall is a 15-minute drive. Our kids don't live with us so I can't comment on schools.

Our apartment was situated very close the the pool, clubhouse, mailboxes and garbage compactor so that was nice. The apartments are clean and modern. They do have that shaggy type of carpet which didn't bother us at all. If you have a pet (we did), you are required to use the perimeter grassy areas to walk them. The maintenance people are very nice and responsive to your needs. They have rental specials all the time. The people at the Leasing office are very nice and accomodating. They are building the 2nd phase of the La Centerra shopping area which is almost next to the apartment complex. When we left, there were still prepping the grounds. It might get busier there in the coming year.

We also liked the Oak Park Trails apartments along Mason Rd. in Katy. The apartments are newer but also a bit more expensive. That's also a commercial area and we felt there was more vehicle traffic in that area. It's about 2 miles south of I-10 on Mason Rd.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2012, 02:34 AM

2 posts, read 2,301 times
Default Hi

I am considering moving my family to Hill Country. Mason is one of our top Texas school districts. Crime seems to be down there, it is a small community and I love land and space. What do you think of Mason and Lago Vista?

Thanks!

Kattie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston