U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Unread 10-13-2010, 07:25 PM

11,046 posts, read 15,826,909 times
Default Between the lines. (photos)

Just went out for a couple of tours with some photo friends. Fun times ensued.

Massive high-rise in the middle of nowhere. And if that's not random enough....

Guess I'll have to play it like I found it.

So is it a one-stroke penalty if I put this in the water here?

Now, I realize what follows is a bit non sequitur but it was cool to see people getting hyped up over college football at the University of Houston.

Cougar alum and fellow Texas City native Austin Mayse performing at the pre-game tailgate. Much beer and food.

The score didn't stay like that for too long against Mississippi State. But they'll fight, fight, fight for red and white and go on to victory. Next time, perhaps.

So yes, it was a rather productive week photo-wise. And fun too. Thanks for viewing.

jfre81 on Facebook
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 10-13-2010, 07:36 PM

344 posts, read 557,425 times
Looks like fun - I need to drum up some photo friends and do a tour.

Question - the photo of the gazebo mixed in with all the med center shots, where is that thing located?

Unread 10-13-2010, 07:37 PM

6,531 posts, read 6,297,664 times
Ah, textures. Thank you very much!

Unread 10-13-2010, 07:59 PM

818 posts, read 703,002 times
i love the golf ball shot..... have you ever done the 365 project?. http://365project.org/ that's where you take a picture a day...i did that for about two to three months but then stopped cold turkey..

Unread 10-14-2010, 08:59 AM

680 posts, read 1,190,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLizardo View Post
Looks like fun - I need to drum up some photo friends and do a tour.

Question - the photo of the gazebo mixed in with all the med center shots, where is that thing located?
That gazebo is in the space between the UT School of Nursing and MD Anderson's Faculty Center, bounded by Holcombe on the North, Bertner St. on the West, and Pressler St. on the South. It's a wonderful little park, with chubby squirrels that are not shy about looking for handouts, lots of stone benches, and lots of shade.

Jfre's pics are great. I especially like it when they're about the Texas Medical Center, cuz that's where I hang out.

Unread 10-14-2010, 09:40 AM

214 posts, read 273,035 times
Wow, great show! I love it. Awesome musical selection, as well. Haven't listened to MBV in years.

Thanks.

Unread 10-14-2010, 12:18 PM

344 posts, read 557,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karuna95 View Post
That gazebo is in the space between the UT School of Nursing and MD Anderson's Faculty Center, bounded by Holcombe on the North, Bertner St. on the West, and Pressler St. on the South. It's a wonderful little park, with chubby squirrels that are not shy about looking for handouts, lots of stone benches, and lots of shade.
After Google Map and street view I see now why I've never noticed that before. My infrequent trips down there usually are to TCH and I exit from Bertner and go west, plus that thing is tucked way up in the trees off the street. Next time I am down there with time to kill I will make a point of checking it out - looks very peaceful.

Unread 10-14-2010, 12:59 PM

680 posts, read 1,190,127 times
You should definitely check it out. Remember to bring some peanut butter crackers. Scooter (the chubbiest squirrel) will come running if you make little clicking noises with your teeth

Unread 10-15-2010, 04:22 AM

14,301 posts, read 13,006,817 times
I like the reflective shots, very cool. Sorry bout the Coogs, been a rough year.

Unread 10-15-2010, 12:18 PM

11,046 posts, read 15,826,909 times
TMC can have some pretty dense foot traffic but it was rather sparse at the time (between shifts) so I just focused on architecture and reflections.

Watch the Packers turn into the NFL's version of UH in the coming weeks. No offense anymore because everyone's injured; defense tires out late because it's on the field too much. It sucks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston