U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-09-2011, 04:21 PM

11,413 posts, read 17,665,457 times

Advertisements

/sadtrombone

GO PACK GO!
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2011, 04:25 PM

75 posts, read 63,554 times
GO TEXANS!! WOO!!
I don't what you guys are talkin' about but I'm texan so yeah GO TEXANS!!

Old 01-09-2011, 09:14 PM

48 posts, read 69,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface713 View Post
With how the Texans operate, we won't even pursue him.
Asomugha is arguably the best corner in the NFL and if he's added to the Texans secondary, he will make an already decent front 7 even better. I won't be surprised to see the Texans go real hard after him. The Cowboys would also be in the mix, they can use his services and Jerry Jones would most definitely open up his wallet.

Old 01-09-2011, 09:36 PM

8,968 posts, read 8,691,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY2Katy View Post
Asomugha is arguably the best corner in the NFL and if he's added to the Texans secondary, he will make an already decent front 7 even better. I won't be surprised to see the Texans go real hard after him. The Cowboys would also be in the mix, they can use his services and Jerry Jones would most definitely open up his wallet.
I'm telling you, the Texans don't operate like that. They have never went after a top flight free agent before. Bob McNair is a cheap owner. You see how he stays with Kubiak after another failed season. Bud Adams would have fired Kubiak two years ago.

Old 01-09-2011, 09:54 PM

1,339 posts, read 1,480,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface713 View Post
I'm telling you, the Texans don't operate like that. They have never went after a top flight free agent before. Bob McNair is a cheap owner. You see how he stays with Kubiak after another failed season. Bud Adams would have fired Kubiak two years ago.

I am not even a Texans fan or a Titans fan, but 'face you are dead on with that statement. I am all for dance with what got you there, but they have not went any where in 9 football seasons now. Five of those seasons have been under the leadership of Coach Kubiak. Do yall really think Bill Cowher would consider this job and still be available in one more year??

Old 01-09-2011, 10:27 PM

8,968 posts, read 8,691,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberAzeneth View Post
I am not even a Texans fan or a Titans fan, but 'face you are dead on with that statement. I am all for dance with what got you there, but they have not went any where in 9 football seasons now. Five of those seasons have been under the leadership of Coach Kubiak. Do yall really think Bill Cowher would consider this job and still be available in one more year??
I think it is so blatantly obvious that Cowher wants the Texans job. He repeatedly calls Andre Johnson the best WR in football, and has given Matt Schaub and Arian Foster props countless times on CBS. The Texans have been the only team on his "list" for the past two seasons. When it's apparent that the Texans job is not open, he goes back to the CBS gig. There is no good reason for keeping Kubiak. 5-7 after 12 games for four years in a row is enough to fire a coach. And I laugh at the people around Houston saying we'd have to rebuild if we hired a new coach. When your team has Andre Johnson, Matt Schaub, Arian Foster, Owen Daniels, DeMeco Ryans, Brian Cushing, Mario Williams, Eric Winston, and Duane Brown (the most notable players), you aren't going to have to rebuild. Kubiak is most likely going to fail against next year. Dude is on his THIRD defensive coordinator as head coach. Two was enough.

Old 01-09-2011, 11:04 PM

4,153 posts, read 6,008,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY2Katy View Post
It's been reported he wants to be along side the 2nd best corner. That team if they ever got a legit offense would be a Dynasty.

Old 01-09-2011, 11:18 PM

48 posts, read 69,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danieloneil01 View Post
It's been reported he wants to be along side the 2nd best corner. That team if they ever got a legit offense would be a Dynasty.
Are you referring to the Jets? Revis and Asomugha are good friends, but I doubt the Jets would have so much money tied up with 2 corners. They already have Revis and another very good corner in Cromartie, plus their own FA's to sign. Personally I don't think it will happen, Houston, Dallas, Miami, NY (Giants), even NE are places he could land.

Old 01-09-2011, 11:29 PM

11,413 posts, read 17,665,457 times
The Texans should spare no expense getting Asomugha. His numbers weren't impressive last year and that led to him being cut loose, but it's hard to intercept balls that aren't being thrown your way. There was no reason to throw to his side of the field against that Oakland defense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston