U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-25-2010, 12:35 PM

11,412 posts, read 17,659,564 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas User View Post
Sell the team to Alaska or something. Let Mark Cuban bring in another team.
Actually, Cuban buying the Texans would be fitting. His NBA franchise is a perennial choker too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2010, 12:48 PM

8,968 posts, read 8,686,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usc619 View Post
I agree with Bill Cowher, but there's no way in hell Bud will fire Jeff Fisher over VY lol
Nah, I wouldn't put it past Bud. The whole reason why he picked Vince Young was to **** off the City of Houston. Bud still lives in Houston and knows what he's doing. But, I could also see it the other way around. You never know with Bud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
Why Fisher? What has he proven? That he can coach a mediocre team for years and not get fired? Might as well just keep Kubiak around for another decade.
I don't know about that. Fisher in his 15 years has dealt with a change of city a couple of times, a crazy owner, the changing of divisions, dealing with Manning, the Patriots and the Steelers, the loss of McNair, the drafting of VY and who knows what else.

I'll take Fisher and his average record tomorrow, the guy has historicals that dictate he can overcome adversity.

Old 11-25-2010, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface713 View Post
I don't know about that. Jeff Fisher has a pretty damn good resume. Easily my third choice after Cowher and Gruden, for the new Texans coaching job.
Fisher's first four seasons with the Oilers/Titans: 7-9, 8-8, 8-8, 8-8. Sound familiar?

Twice he's led the Titans to 13-3 in the regular season only to be one-and-done in the playoffs.

Plus his teams have a way of being undisciplined, which might explain all the chokes. I thought Houston fans had their fill of that by now, but I guess not. Just like they'll insist they wanted VY. Sorry man, Vince is an NFL flop, and I saw it coming a mile away.

Oh, and since this quote has changed - Kubiak has been paying rent to live in Peyton's house too. Does that say something for him in his next coaching endeavor?

Old 11-25-2010, 05:57 PM

3,440 posts, read 3,225,521 times
It does not matter what you all think. McNair will keep Kubiak up to 2 more seasons.

Old 11-25-2010, 08:04 PM

12,673 posts, read 13,572,886 times
No playoff for Texans.

Old 11-28-2010, 04:34 PM

+1 for Andre Johnson. Throwin them hammies.

Old 11-28-2010, 06:30 PM

12,673 posts, read 13,572,886 times
Andre should be suspended for the year. He is a poor sport.

Texans are done for the year. No playoffs.

Old 11-28-2010, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Andre should be suspended for the year. He is a poor sport.

LOL. As if players in the NFL get suspended for fighting anyways, especially for a first offense. And what did Andre do that was wrong? Cortland has been playing dirty against him for years. It's not like Andre is trying to fight every CB in the league. In fact, CBs in the league love AJ. Cortland is known around the league as a dirty player. It was towards the end of the game, and Andre had had enough. I'm sure you didn't watch the video because your posts would make no sense if you did. Finnegan started it (even punched Andre in while Andre still had his helmet on). Then, Finnegan proceeded to get that ass beat. If the ref didn't come in and AJ had threw in a left hook after that uppercut, Finnegan would have been sleeping.

Old 11-28-2010, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Quote:
No playoff for Texans.
Quote:
I don't think Texans will make the playoffs.

Oh, and sorry, AJ's looking at one game at least. This is Roger Goodell's league now, where guys get fined for hitting the QB a nanosecond late or have the edge of their helmet barely graze someone else's on a tackle. Hell, I wonder if it'll even be a contact sport 10 years from now. And here we have AJ throwing AND connecting with no fewer than two shots to that punk's Finnegan's skull.

Old 11-28-2010, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post

Oh, and sorry, AJ's looking at one game at least. This is Roger Goodell's league now, where guys get fined for hitting the QB a nanosecond late or have the edge of their helmet barely graze someone else's on a tackle. Hell, I wonder if it'll even be a contact sport 10 years from now. And here we have AJ throwing AND connecting with no fewer than two shots to that punk's Finnegan's skull.
Well, if Richard Seymour wasn't suspended for his hit on Big Ben last week, I don't know why AJ would be. Especially when AJ has a clean history and Finnegan is the league's dirtiest player. We'll know tomorrow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston