Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2010, 11:49 PM

15,218 posts, read 30,415,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by danieloneil01 View Post
You're right but where you're wrong is not every Coordinator makes for a good Head Coach. And we've had 2. It's time to get a solid Head Coach. Not a Coordinator in Head Coach clothes.
Remember when Capers was the head coach of the Carolina Panthers and they made it to the NFC championship game? I do.

BTW, Cowher inherited a stable franchise with more tradition than the Texans will ever have, and it still took him 13 years to win a Super Bowl in Pittsburgh.

What's that they say on Wall Street - past performance does not guarantee future results? Something like that applies in football too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2010, 12:12 AM

9,221 posts, read 15,873,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
Remember when Capers was the head coach of the Carolina Panthers and they made it to the NFC championship game? I do.

BTW, Cowher inherited a stable franchise with more tradition than the Texans will ever have, and it still took him 13 years to win a Super Bowl in Pittsburgh.

What's that they say on Wall Street - past performance does not guarantee future results? Something like that applies in football too.
Yeah, took him 13 years to WIN a Super Bowl, but he went to two Super Bowls and plenty of playoff appearances in between. And Capers got lucky with a more generous expansion draft/free agency and a weaker league back then.

Old 11-13-2010, 05:04 PM

3,503 posts, read 7,454,070 times
Quote:
Hows that working out for the Cubbies?

And I agree. This will be our 2nd Coordinator played as a Head Coach. Time for Mr. Bob to open the fat wallet he has and get Dungy, Gruden or Cowher. DO IT!!!!!!!!!!

Yes they're 4-4 but look at the remaining schedule (not in order).

Jets - Loss
Eagles - Loss
Ravens - Loss
Titans twice - Loss, Loss
Jags Twice - Loss, Win
Broncos - Win

Don't count those chickens just yet...9-7 last season for the Texans included 0-2 vs the Jag-u-ars. The Broncos will chunk the ball all over the field on them, too.

Took long enough for some of you to see the Texans don't have "it". Was the idea of leaving David Carr out there to "show leadership" by getting sacked ~80 times in year one not enough of a clue for you?

And Detroit Lionfan...you build Ford a field with his name on it and you still support a crappy product? GTFO. You have no say here. No more than any Raiderfan who has urged others to come to their games since the bottom fell out after that Super Bowl run...

Old 11-13-2010, 08:01 PM

12,671 posts, read 23,721,608 times
I don't think Texans will make the playoffs.

Old 11-14-2010, 03:10 PM

1,326 posts, read 3,433,766 times
If y'all weren't done rooting for them before, you sure as heck are now.

Old 11-14-2010, 03:13 PM

12,671 posts, read 23,721,608 times
HAIL MARY, WOW! - That has to be the play of the year! LOL!

Texans are still in last place with no playoffs hope now!

I enjoyed this one!

Old 11-14-2010, 03:31 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,784,699 times
This has been a miserable football season for me.

Old 11-14-2010, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas User View Post
HAIL MARY, WOW! - That has to be the play of the year! LOL!

Texans are still in last place with no playoffs hope now!

I enjoyed this one!
So, how 'bout them Niners?

Old 11-14-2010, 04:07 PM

4,246 posts, read 11,981,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post

Are you comparing Cowher with Capers? Seriously? If Capers is so great why isn't he a Head Coach now? LOL

If you had the power for your team would you hire Capers or Cowher? I'm sitting down for this.

Old 11-14-2010, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Are you comparing Cowher with Capers? Seriously? If Capers is so great why isn't he a Head Coach now? LOL
Strictly within the "coordinator -> head coach" context, but to use your logic - if Cowher is so great, why isn't he a head coach now?

On his own, Capers is demonstrably more successful as a defensive coordinator and he has largely turned around the Packers' defense despite the fact the team's defensive unit hasn't gotten much better talent-wise outside the addition of Clay Matthews Jr. (who is a big difference-maker).

Quote:
If you had the power for your team would you hire Capers or Cowher? I'm sitting down for this.
Assuming that Cowher is even remotely interested in coaching "my" team? Cowher. I'm not sure why you're asking though, because I never recommended that any team hire Capers as their head coach. "My" team already gives Capers his paycheck. The only reason I even mentioned Capers is because McNair hired him to be the first head coach and he did have HC experience.

The only thing I ever questioned is the thinking of coaches that have no head coaching experience in the NFL cannot become a good head coach. If so, guys like Joe Gibbs would still be in the league. Where did Mike Tomlin come from? Where did Sean Payton come from?

Really, I could go on, but why bother?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston