U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2011, 02:20 PM

8,968 posts, read 8,701,231 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasilyAmused View Post
It hasn't helped traffic much though. It still stops in Conroe because it goes down to two lanes just after it, and there is massive construction in New Waverly and Willis to widen 45 even more...at which point it will stall when it bottlenecks down to two lanes again. 59 is still the easiest way north if you are trying to leave the metro.

People are commuting to downtown from Bentwater. The only way traffic will get better for those trying to travel OUT of the Metro to elsewhere is an extension of the Hardy past the lake with minimal exits.
The entire length of 45 through that area is being expanded, so it is only a matter of time before the two lane in each direction segment is expanded to four in each direction. IIRC, the new lanes are actually open through Conroe. And the Hardy expansion will happen soon. Montgomery County just has to get their act together.

And people really need to get over the New Orleans thing. Funny little stories back in 2005, but it's 2011 now. The New Orleans residents that have stayed are now part of the Houston urban fabric.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2011, 08:24 PM

10,316 posts, read 10,771,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRyan23 View Post
I live amongst tons of former New Orleans residents and I live just south of Spring near I-45 and FM1960.. This is the worst neighborhood I've ever lived in and I've lived in Memphis !
Y'all are still talking about that? Good grief!

Old 01-24-2011, 08:44 AM

1,155 posts, read 1,098,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRyan23 View Post
I live amongst tons of former New Orleans residents and I live just south of Spring near I-45 and FM1960.. This is the worst neighborhood I've ever lived in and I've lived in Memphis !
OK and??? South of Spring could be anywhere, that could be Greenspoint or Northwest Houston. I mean you have a wide variety in that area. The point is that is not Spring and Spring is a pretty safe area. If you stay south of Spring near I-45 and FM1960 that could be Cypress Station. And I highly doubt you're talking about that area because it clearly wouldn't be labeled a bad neighborhood. Atleast not to my standards. The only place I know before you get to Greenspoint is a little area called Cranbrook. That area I never heard of it before I got to Houston so I thought it couldn't be to bad. That area is real bad. It's a group of apartments off Ella blvd in a area called cranbrook that could be "the worst neighborhood" but when I went there to check out apartments and actually been in that area a couple of times after discovering it. I didn't notice alot of New Orleans people. People really need to let that die down. I remember when I first moved to Houston people thought I was from New Orleans because I have dredlocks and would make all kinds of assumptions.

Old 01-24-2011, 12:16 PM

10,316 posts, read 10,771,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlionjr View Post
OK and??? South of Spring could be anywhere, that could be Greenspoint or Northwest Houston. I mean you have a wide variety in that area. The point is that is not Spring and Spring is a pretty safe area. If you stay south of Spring near I-45 and FM1960 that could be Cypress Station. And I highly doubt you're talking about that area because it clearly wouldn't be labeled a bad neighborhood. Atleast not to my standards. The only place I know before you get to Greenspoint is a little area called Cranbrook. That area I never heard of it before I got to Houston so I thought it couldn't be to bad. That area is real bad. It's a group of apartments off Ella blvd in a area called cranbrook that could be "the worst neighborhood" but when I went there to check out apartments and actually been in that area a couple of times after discovering it. I didn't notice alot of New Orleans people. People really need to let that die down. I remember when I first moved to Houston people thought I was from New Orleans because I have dredlocks and would make all kinds of assumptions.
LOL! I would have at least said Jamaica.

Old 10-29-2011, 04:07 AM

4,679 posts, read 5,198,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlionjr View Post
I didn't notice alot of New Orleans people. People really need to let that die down. I remember when I first moved to Houston people thought I was from New Orleans because I have dredlocks and would make all kinds of assumptions.
I moved to Houston about a year and a half ago, I don't have the "hatred" that most have for people from New Orleans, After all, I'm married to a woman from New Orleans and moved to Houston from a small town in South East Louisiana.

I try not to make assumptions, In our complex there were atleast 10 (possibly more) people that lived there with Louisiana tags. Like it or not, Most of the women my wife became friends with after moving to this area, were in fact, refugees from Katrina (My wife was as well.)

and for what it's worth, Yes, We did live in the Cypress Station area (closer to Ella then I-45) and in the past year we've had 5 murders (two at a night club) our cars were broken into 4 times, Our neighbors would shoot their guns into the air on average of about once a week. Several of our neighbors had home invasions, and one guy was robbed at gun point in our laundry room.

Also come to find out that a Texas A&M freshman went to visit her boyfriend back in 2007 and was strangled, dismembered, and BBQ'd in an apartment near us.

Pizza places refused to deliver to our complex after dark for Christ sakes !

If you haven't lived in an area, Don't comment on how it looks and how you would "consider it".

Luckily, our lease ended this month and we moved to Conroe.

Old 10-29-2011, 09:10 PM

2,056 posts, read 1,778,525 times
Hold up, that girl who was barbecued wasn't that the boyfriend who did it? I don't remember her name but it started with a T. So that wasn't technically the area just a psycho who lives in the area. Psychos live everywhere.

But Cypress Station is a no no. I have a cousin who lives down thee because its what he can afford but he's ready to toll out because its so bad.

You have to have some whoa standards to say those apartments aren't bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston