U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2007, 05:48 PM
cla

881 posts, read 1,999,384 times

Advertisements

I think people were just pointing out that you could find homes in South Katy under $200,000, since the post stated that South Katy was too expensive.
Additionally, people will recommend areas that they are familiar with. I certainly could not give anyone advice on subdivisions in N Katy, because I don't know anything about them.

Last edited by cla; 08-15-2007 at 07:16 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2007, 07:31 PM

2,703 posts, read 385,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Football View Post
Bridgeland is in Cypress. Part of it will grow into an area of KISD in the later stages of development but that is several years away, even so, it'll still be considered "Cypress" with all of it being on the North side of FM 529. Surprising that KISD goes almost all the way to 290 in some places. Everything on that Fry Rd. Corridor near 290 is nice, mostly $250K on up, but some below $200K. The schools they're zoned to are solid. Can't go wrong in this area, IMO.

If you decide to buy in Katy, you can buy in Cinco Ranch or any of the other popular communities there for under $200K.
There are actually some areas around there that have "Katy, Texas" addresses.

About the North and South Katy thing, you can easily find a home in South Katy for under 200K, but you get more home for your buck in North Katy for the same price. North Katy actually is getting a bit more expensive (especially with the new retail going in around the Cinemark, and Kickerillo's new community in North Katy).

Old 08-16-2007, 11:31 AM

47 posts, read 202,864 times
Default Wln

I live in Westheimer Lakes North and there are plenty of homes under 200,000. We are in KISD. We have a wide ranging community that includes some retirees, teachers, and newlyweds.

Old 08-16-2007, 11:49 AM

6,868 posts, read 12,968,539 times
I second Heritage Grand in Cinco Ranch if you are looking for a maintenance-free lifestyle. It's beautiful!

Old 08-16-2007, 01:08 PM

2,703 posts, read 385,876 times
Heritage Grand is a senior living community. About Westheimer Lakes North and other areas around there, the homes may be under 200K, but many "upgrades" are not there, and when you tack them on, you are well above 200K. In North Katy, you can tack on those upgrades, and be at, or under 200K.

Old 05-25-2008, 03:02 PM

23 posts, read 57,080 times
Default Barker Crossing???

My Husband And I Currently Live In Kansas City So We Are Unable To See The Area Of Katy Right Now. We Would Like To Be Living In Katy With In The Next Month. Everyone That I Have Talked To Has Said Stay South Of 10, Too! I Agree, South Of 10 Is Expensive...my Husband And I Are Teachers! Likewise, It Is Very Important To Us That Our Daughter, Who Will Be Entering K, Be In A Good School Next Year. When We Were In Katy We Saw A Lot Of Homes In Bear Creek Meadows, But I Wasn't Very Impressed. Bear Creek Plantation Seemed Okay?

Does Anyone Know Anything About The Area With Zip 77084?

I Have Been Told That Barkers Crossing Is All New Housing Just North Of 10.

Okay...here's A Question That May Sound Crazy. I'm Told That Cypress Is Nice. Cypress Is Just North Of 10 Right? When I Look At The Map It Looks Like The 77084/barkers Crossing Is Very Close To Cypress.

So, Does Anyone Know If This Is A Nice Area?

Thanks...i'm Glad Someone Else Brought Up Questions About North Vs. South Katy.

Thanks All!

Old 06-29-2008, 09:05 PM

11 posts, read 34,760 times
I don't know anything about Cypress. We just moved here 6 months ago. We first looked at Cinco not open to looking at anything north bc of the posts we read on here. We actually started building a house in summersage in Cinco and then looked North in Morton Ranch subdivision and found a house 30k cheaper and 500 more sq ft with much larger lot. I think that Cinco area is very nice but much more expensive. We live about 5 miles north of I-10 and it is really nice here. We love our neighborhood and the ppl are very friendly. I hope you find or found something you like! We love Katy!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston