Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2010, 05:49 AM

1,042 posts, read 3,263,241 times

Advertisements

Thanx All!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2010, 09:07 PM

12,735 posts, read 21,767,122 times
Does the Billy the Exterminator on A&E, do jobs in Texas? If so, he will get the job done. I've wathced him kill a heap of wasps at one lady's house on one episode.

Old 12-17-2010, 07:08 AM

1,339 posts, read 2,602,083 times
Does Orkin or Terminix treat for wasps? I would think they would. Also try ABC Pest, Pool, and Lawn. Raid wasp and hornet spray kills the wasp and the nest on contact. It can be sprayed from like 10 feet away with an accurate stream. That stuff is great for just outside or around the house. You can get it at Walmart, Home Depot, Lowes, and Kroger just to name a few places.

Old 12-18-2010, 10:42 PM

Okay, so it is almost midnight and the hubby is off to purchase some raid and to get some plastic so we can duck tape the exhaust in the half bath. Went in there tonight and saw one sitting on the exhaust. Hubby went to swat it down with the broom cause well he was afraid to stand on the toilet. Vent came down and he saw another one. Mystery solved on where they are coming from. Now how to get rid of them. I will be calling our pest control service on Mon but I do not have high hopes since it is Christmas week! we have a two story home so what will they do when they do come??? I read you have to get rid of the nest. I know they climbed up to our chimney at our last house where we had issues with wasps but will they climb a two story house???? What if they fall off the roof??? IS it the pest controls issue as far as insurance or would we be responsible????

Old 12-18-2010, 11:20 PM

1,339 posts, read 2,602,083 times
I am pretty sure that the pest control people would use some kind of common sense when it comes to a two story home and not fall down, but accidents do happen. We have a two story and our exterminator comes out for quarterly treatments and I have yet to see any of the guys go on our roof. I would think if he falls off a roof that said pest control company should and does have workers comp insurance(it is a law here in Texas to carry thestate guidlined workers comp policy). You do bring up a good point wondering if you harbor any of the liability. I am not sure on that one. This is just to kill a big nest of wasps right? I wouldn't put to pressure on myself thinking about the liability at this point. But that is great point/question you bring up.

Old 12-19-2010, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberazeneth View Post
I am pretty sure that the pest control people would use some kind of common sense when it comes to a two story home and not fall down, but accidents do happen. We have a two story and our exterminator comes out for quarterly treatments and I have yet to see any of the guys go on our roof. I would think if he falls off a roof that said pest control company should and does have workers comp insurance(it is a law here in Texas to carry thestate guidlined workers comp policy). You do bring up a good point wondering if you harbor any of the liability. I am not sure on that one. This is just to kill a big nest of wasps right? I wouldn't put to pressure on myself thinking about the liability at this point. But that is great point/question you bring up.
Yep a nest somewhere. Hubby just came back from WM with Raid and the ones he saw we r guessing flew back up on the vent when it fell down. We put plastic over the vent and ducked taped it on there so hopefully no more will come out. Noticed some dead ones in the laundry room vent so tapped that one off for good measure as well. Went up to the attic and those two seem to share the same vent outlet. Went outside and saw that the vent outlet is actually on the roof but on the side so they don't have to go far. Did not notice any nest of the outside but of course it is after 1 am and cold. We will check again in the actually morning. I know they are in the tubing though cause I hear them rustling around. They were making a bunch of noise when I was taping it off. Hope the duck tape stays stuck.

Old 12-20-2010, 03:57 PM

66 posts, read 110,923 times
Default you can also try a safer alternative to chemicals to kill wasps

Does Vodka really kill bees and wasps? - Yahoo! Answers
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston