U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: Is Memorial City Mall and areas around it in Southwest Houston?
Yes 5 15.63%
No 27 84.38%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-15-2010, 01:44 PM
 
Location: Up on the moon laughing down on you
18,516 posts, read 16,481,303 times
Reputation: 7270

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface713 View Post
You said earlier that those areas were "Southwest Houston" and that I should just stop because I was wrong. The "Chamber of Commerce" says it's Southwest Houston, yet I post a different Chamber of Commerce that says it isn't. If you would have said "it has always been West Houston" before, then this thread would have never been created. You insisted the Memorial City area was Southwest Houston, and I was wrong for thinking it isn't. Made a thread/poll about it and no one agrees with you so far.
lol, no you didn't post something that said it wasn't you posted something that included the sw and and nw.

stop twisting things.

You are still wrong for insisting that memorial is not in the SW because it is.

and your thread asks what do you consider the SW and your poll asks a different thing. It asks if Memorial was in the SW
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-15-2010, 01:46 PM
 
Location: Up on the moon laughing down on you
18,516 posts, read 16,481,303 times
Reputation: 7270
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
Yeah it does and the road is located in the west. I'd think anything south of 290 to about Westpark would be called West Houston.

I10 runs all the way from Florida to California, how on earth can it be in the west???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-15-2010, 01:49 PM
 
Location: Up on the moon laughing down on you
18,516 posts, read 16,481,303 times
Reputation: 7270
lol, furthermore you added to your poll the areas around the mall, well the areas around the mall include the areas that pushes into the northwest quadrant of the city. lol your poll is flawed dude. heck, I might as well pick no too because the answer is no. the areas around the mall includes both the southwest and the northwest since the mall buts up to the northern boundary of SW Houston
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-15-2010, 01:51 PM
 
Location: ITL (Houston)
8,968 posts, read 8,681,166 times
Reputation: 3290
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
lol, no you didn't post something that said it wasn't you posted something that included the sw and and nw.

stop twisting things.

You are still wrong for insisting that memorial is not in the SW because it is.

and your thread asks what do you consider the SW and your poll asks a different thing. It asks if Memorial was in the SW
And you posted something that included the SW and W. What am I twisting? And who says Memorial is in the SW? The Greater Southwest Chamber of Commerce? The Houston West Chamber of Commerce says its in West Houston. Your link your provided is no different than the link I provided. You can't try and claim that your link is right and mine is wrong. We'll just have to agree to disagree (and so far most in the poll are disagreeing with you and your link).

And I asked if people considered Memorial as the Southwest because I wanted to. I didn't have to make a poll for the thread, but I wanted to, just to see if I was the only one (like you claimed) that believed the Memorial area was in SW Houston. Thanks for playing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
lol, furthermore you added to your poll the areas around the mall, well the areas around the mall include the areas that pushes into the northwest quadrant of the city. lol your poll is flawed dude. heck, I might as well pick no too because the answer is no. the areas around the mall includes both the southwest and the northwest since the mall buts up to the northern boundary of SW Houston
Furthermore, yes, I said areas around the mall. Areas meaning the Memorial Villages (so those north and South of I-10), as well as the nearby CityCentre development. The mall is in the west, according to the Houston West COC. Not SW, not NW, but simply W. But, how is my poll flawed? No one else seems to find you flawed, except you since it doesn't follow what you've been trying to tell me about the different parts of Houston. I found a site that contradicts everything you've been saying, but you want to try and dismiss it. Ha!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-15-2010, 01:53 PM
 
Location: Underneath the Pecan Tree
15,831 posts, read 19,955,151 times
Reputation: 6685
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
I10 runs all the way from Florida to California, how on earth can it be in the west???
Katy Frwy is in the west.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-15-2010, 01:56 PM
 
Location: Up on the moon laughing down on you
18,516 posts, read 16,481,303 times
Reputation: 7270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface713 View Post
And you posted something that included the SW and W. What am I twisting? And who says Memorial is in the SW? The Greater Southwest Chamber of Commerce? The Houston West Chamber of Commerce says its in West Houston. Your link your provided is no different than the link I provided. You can't try and claim that your link is right and mine is wrong. We'll just have to agree to disagree (and so far most in the poll are disagreeing with you and your link).

And I asked if people considered Memorial as the Southwest because I wanted to. I didn't have to make a poll for the thread, but I wanted to, just to see if I was the only one (like you claimed) that believed the Memorial area was in SW Houston. Thanks for playing.
yes the Chamber for the west says it is in the west because it includes the sw.

what you have to ask yourself is isn't the SW part of the W?

if you answer no to that then you need to request a refund on your tuition for geography. The teacher short changed you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-15-2010, 01:58 PM
 
Location: Up on the moon laughing down on you
18,516 posts, read 16,481,303 times
Reputation: 7270
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
Katy Frwy is in the west.
Katy road cuts through the west evenly. but that means nothing. The SW freeway is on the western side of the city, so is 290.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-15-2010, 02:01 PM
 
Location: Up on the moon laughing down on you
18,516 posts, read 16,481,303 times
Reputation: 7270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface713 View Post


Furthermore, yes, I said areas around the mall. Areas meaning the Memorial Villages (so those north and South of I-10), as well as the nearby CityCentre development. The mall is in the west, according to the Houston West COC. Not SW, not NW, but simply W. But, how is my poll flawed? No one else seems to find you flawed, except you since it doesn't follow what you've been trying to tell me about the different parts of Houston. I found a site that contradicts everything you've been saying, but you want to try and dismiss it. Ha!
The areas around the Mall?? lol Bunker Hill and maybe Hedwig Village are the only villages around the mall. Korea town in the NW is closer to the mall than Piney Point and Hunters creek.

your poll is flawed.

not reliable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-15-2010, 02:03 PM
 
Location: ITL (Houston)
8,968 posts, read 8,681,166 times
Reputation: 3290
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
yes the Chamber for the west says it is in the west because it includes the sw.

what you have to ask yourself is isn't the SW part of the W?

if you answer no to that then you need to request a refund on your tuition for geography. The teacher short changed you
North, South, East, and West. West Houston is actually all areas between 290 and 59. From that, SW and NW Houston were broken off, with a smaller West Houston smack dab in the middle. Prove me wrong. The Houston West COC agrees with me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-15-2010, 02:09 PM
 
Location: Up on the moon laughing down on you
18,516 posts, read 16,481,303 times
Reputation: 7270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface713 View Post
North, South, East, and West. West Houston is actually all areas between 290 and 59. From that, SW and NW Houston were broken off, with a smaller West Houston smack dab in the middle. Prove me wrong. The Houston West COC agrees with me.
north, south, east and west are points on a compass.

locations are given in quadrants, northwest, southwest, northeast, south east.

directions are given based on directions of the compass.

go east, go west so sw. etc.


directions are fluid based on where you are referencing from.

areas in a city like the SW do not change. no matter what reference point you are using.

for example. If you are in Spring Branch, then Westheimer would to the s.

If you are in midtown Westheimer would be to the west. If you are in the Katy area WestHeimer would be to the east.

But you can be on the moon, Westheimer would still be in the southwest
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top