Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2010, 09:12 AM

5,092 posts, read 8,848,066 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Anyone who lived in the Houston area during Hurricane Katrina would rightfully disagree with you.
the only people that would agree with you are those who share your ignorant mindset

the evacuees came from neglected communities and schools. saying that blacks destroy cities is nothing short of a racist, inflammatory statement. check yourself.

Last edited by AlGreen; 12-16-2010 at 09:29 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 12-16-2010, 09:16 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,852,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlGreen View Post
the only people that would agree with you are those who share your ignorant mindset

evacuees that come from neglected communities and schools. saying that blacks destroy communities is nothing short of racist, inflammatory statement. check yourself.
There's nothing ignorant about it, it's a simple fact that after hurricane Katrina Houston graciously opened it's doors to thousands of New Orleans refugees of all colors and Houston's crime rate shot up overnight. Of the people who came here from New Orleans and caused trouble the overwhelming majority of them were black. I don't recall a single news report of a white Katrina refugee killing anyone in Houston while thousands of white folks from NO came here and many stayed.

This has nothing to do with racism, it's about fact that you can't dispute so go ahead and check yourself.

Old 12-16-2010, 09:16 AM

12,735 posts, read 21,779,367 times
This is one of the sorces that I've found:
http://houstoninblack.com/

Old 12-16-2010, 09:23 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,215,611 times
Quote:
Anyone who lived in the Houston area during Hurricane Katrina would rightfully disagree with you.
Let's get something clear because I'm getting irritated with all this ignorance and disrespect toward us blacks.

You have two sets of people within the black community you have blacks; than you got n****s. The latter is what you speak of.

Old 12-16-2010, 09:24 AM

Quote:
There's nothing ignorant about it, it's a simple fact that after hurricane Katrina Houston graciously opened it's doors to thousands of New Orleans refugees of all colors and Houston's crime rate shot up overnight. Of the people who came here from New Orleans and caused trouble the overwhelming majority of them were black. I don't recall a single news report of a white Katrina refugee killing anyone in Houston while thousands of white folks from NO came here and many stayed.

This has nothing to do with racism, it's about fact that you can't dispute so go ahead and check yourself.
i'm black and i haven't destroyed a damn thing. you're comment was racist. period.

you're the type to sit back and watch the evening news and shake your head in disapproval of the black faces you see on the screen, and you're also the type to not do anything to help the people that come from these ignored communities. so how much do you REALLY care about your city?

you have all the answers, so why don't you share your mighty wisdom with us po' colored folk?

Old 12-16-2010, 09:27 AM

Quote:
i'm black and i haven't destroyed a damn thing. you're comment was racist. period.

you're the type to sit back and watch the evening news and shake your head in disapproval of the black faces you see on the screen, and you're also the type to not do anything to help the people that come from these ignored communities. so how much do you REALLY care about your city?

you have all the answers, so why don't you share your mighty wisdom with us po' colored folk?
Al Green and others, will you please stop! Get back on topic. I'm so tired of threads being closed down because people like you are always talking ignorant. I'm trying to learn something just like a lot of people else. PLEASE STOP WITH THE FOOLISHNESS!

Old 12-16-2010, 09:31 AM

Here's what some people think:
Is Houston The New Black Mecca? [Archive] - SkyscraperCity

Old 12-16-2010, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M Bulldawg View Post
Al Green and others, will you please stop! Get back on topic. I'm so tired of threads being closed down because people like you are always talking ignorant. I'm trying to learn something just like a lot of people else. PLEASE STOP WITH THE FOOLISHNESS!
pay attention, a&m.

Old 12-16-2010, 09:32 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,215,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M Bulldawg View Post
You managed to skip over all that bull**** and racism in Backspace post, but had the nerve to call Algreen ignorant???

Old 12-16-2010, 09:37 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,852,274 times
Quote:

I spent 2 months in New Orleans after Katrina helping those "po' colored folk" you speak about since I grew up there and wanted to help my people. I spent thousands of my own dollars helping people with immediate and long term needs, I moved a family of "po' colored folk" into a rental home that I own in the Houston area and let them live there rent free for 12 months. I still make regular trips home to the New Orleans area to help with different projects helping the local population.

I don't have all the answers but I do have a lot more first hand experience with the situation than you do apparently. If you would take a step back for a minute from your racism podium and listen to what I'm saying you might learn something but of course you won't because it's too easy to yell "racist" and run away with your fingers in your ears.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston