Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2007, 08:15 PM

15 posts, read 91,074 times

Advertisements

We are thinking of moving to The Woodlands in Jan.. I'm wondering if I should look at other school systems.

How many students are in the graduating classes at TWHS and CPHS? Is CPHS and I-high just as good as TWHS and I-High?

I also read on another thread that there is a lot of drugs and sex at these schools. What have you heard?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2007, 10:23 PM

212 posts, read 1,272,983 times
Any high school you name, someone will say they have drugs and sex or gangs and violence, or are full of brats or thiefs...take your pick.

Bottom-line is that both HS in The Woodlands rank better than many others in the area. Conroe is a consistant school district.

Old 01-08-2009, 07:41 PM

2 posts, read 10,190 times
Can someone please let me know which is the best high school in the Woodlands, which area? are the public high schools good or please advise which is the best private high school? thank you very much, we are planning to move to the Woodlands, buy a home there.

Old 01-08-2009, 09:08 PM

1,227 posts, read 3,011,331 times
I would advise Oak Ridge HS over The Woodlands, or Conroe. This may get me jumped on, and many may disagree, but I strongly support Oak Ridge as the better chioce for public school in The Woodlands area, unless you can pull off being close enough to Magnolia. Oak Ridge is much smaller, and has a much greater sense of individualism amongst students.

Old 01-08-2009, 11:07 PM

759 posts, read 3,183,541 times
It also depends where your kids are...If they are in Gifted and talented programs, TWHS has a much more established program with good teachers. Plus homes zoned to TWHS have higher Resale.

Old 01-09-2009, 12:54 PM

299 posts, read 1,016,318 times
I graduated from TWHS in '99. My class was just under 1000 people, i know they had reached closer to 1500, but I'm pretty sure they are lower now that college park opened.

I think it was a good school, but i was in the advanced placement classes. I didn't see any more drugs and sex there than I did or heard about from friends at other schools.

I'm probably biased, but from reading over the list of current faculty it seems that many of the teachers from Oak Ridge in the late 90's have moved to the woodlands. I'm guessing that means the teachers see it as a step up, which probably reflects on the instruction. Oak Ridge does have the math and science academy though.

Old 11-15-2009, 12:12 AM

1 posts, read 6,700 times
Underage sex is probably about the same as anywhere else, but drugs on the other had are a growing problem, especially over the last 5 years. Kids are getting busted in large amounts with anything from a little bit of weed to lsd, mdma, cocaine, Oxycontin, and shrooms. This however is more a problem of the woodlands then the high school it self. When i was at the Woodlands High it was alot easier to get your hands on illegal drugs, even the hard ones, then it was to get alachol or cigarettes.

Old 11-15-2009, 10:58 AM

8,895 posts, read 19,990,094 times
This is an old thread revived..... OP was in 2007. Most likely already decided on their school and moved.

Old 11-15-2009, 04:39 PM

28 posts, read 85,137 times
All high schools in america have drugs and sex!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: