U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2014, 08:44 PM

3 posts, read 2,496 times

Advertisements

Hi,

We will be planning to move to Houston and my workstation is at Deer park. We are looking for some indian families around deer park or clear lake or pearland...I am not sure which area is full of indians in these cities...We will be looking for apartments for rent in these areas to get in touch with some indian families...If possible could you please let me know any comments on this...

Thanks,
Nag
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2014, 02:14 PM

259 posts, read 247,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion King View Post
Hello all,
My family and I will be moving to Clear Lake area in August. I got a job at UHCL. We are currently renting in Kansas and even though our apartment is very cheap, it is safe, reasonably clean, and quiet. I have been trying to find an apartment in Clear Lake area and sure enough, I did find quite a few, many of them affordable. However, after reading reviews at apartmentratings.com and apartmentreview.com I was bewildered to say the least. So many apartments have very negative reviews with crime, pests, noise, and other things plaguing them. My question is: are those reviews truthful? How many of them are apartment complexes trashing competition? If you have rented in Clear Lake area, I will appreciate your input on what apartments are good. I have a family (wife and 2 kids). Another option we are looking at is Friendswood. However, I also read horrendous reviews of apartments there. I will appreciate any information.
Thank you!
When looking at apartment reviews... you should just ignore any that give a 5 or a 1 rating. You should get a decent picture of the apartment with what's left.

Old 05-13-2014, 06:50 PM

8,626 posts, read 16,248,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagu123 View Post
Hi,

We will be planning to move to Houston and my workstation is at Deer park. We are looking for some indian families around deer park or clear lake or pearland...I am not sure which area is full of indians in these cities...We will be looking for apartments for rent in these areas to get in touch with some indian families...If possible could you please let me know any comments on this...

Thanks,
Nag
You might find Indian families in Clear Lake in apartments along Bay Area. UHCL is there and there are a lot of Indian Students living in the nearby apartments.

Old 03-01-2015, 01:20 PM

1 posts, read 773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texas7 View Post
Not bad but not great. The ones you named are still okay but they seem to be changing and seem to be on the verge of maybe starting to decline. I would avoid apts on El Camino Real. My son looked at the condos on Bay Area about 5 years ago but went elsewhere due to his job. You can spend more and get a much nicer apt. The Park at Armand Bayou, Village on the Lake, Villas at Edgewater are all pricier but nicer with a nicer area. Check into the Voyager at Space Center - new apartments in one of those multi-use centers - they look really nice. They are on Nasa Parkway across the St. from NASA. There are some new ones that look kind of plain outside but are supposed to be luxury inside called Clearpoint Crossing Apts on Space Center. There are even some in what is considered Pasadena that are new and very nice on Red Bluff very close to Bay Area Blvd. and UHCL but near industry and that turns off some - those are called Preserve at Baywood. You might try finding a condo or townhome for rent at Fairwind Townhomes or Seafarer Townhomes. You might even try Egret Bay townhomes and see if you can find some for rent.

Just for grins [url]http://www.voyageratspacecenter.com/VoyageratSpaceCenterTX/index.aspx[/url]

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3zhCoblXi8[/url]
texas7, do you have any apartment recomendations in the same area in the $500 to $700 range? Thanks so much!

Old 03-01-2015, 01:46 PM

Not sure of price ranges of the apartments but this will definitely put you in some of the older ones. What do you need to be near? Student at uhcl or just there for job?

Old 04-13-2015, 11:17 PM

6 posts, read 3,920 times
Does anyone know about Clear Lake Village apartments, 1239 bay area Blvd Houston tx 77058
Im moving there soon, just for 7 months. The reviews aren't the best! Any opinions on how things are over there?

Old 04-14-2015, 07:36 AM

If those are the ones I'm thinking of - they aren't too great. Oldish run down.

Old 04-14-2015, 08:05 AM

They are very old. Balconies are super close together with no wall to separate for privacy. Ill only be there for 7 months but im more concerned about safety. Plus i heard they are roach infested! How would i deal with that for a few months

Old 04-14-2015, 08:08 AM

3,267 posts, read 6,281,625 times
Yeah those were nice around 2000. But I agree they are getting run down. Around 2008 I looked at renting one of the units. It appears some of the units were sold out to individual owners who in turn rent them out. I did not get a warm fuzzy feeling there.

Old 04-14-2015, 10:14 AM

Are there a lot of break ins? Do the cops get called there a lot? I looked on crimereport.com and there wasn't really any incidents there. Most of the reviews are about management, maintenance and the up keep of the apartments. Most complaining about roaches and bugs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or