U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2010, 11:59 AM

15,831 posts, read 20,000,755 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M Bulldawg View Post
From what I seen on indmix.com, Houston has its share of celebrity parties.
It does; Houston is very low-key when it comes to celebrities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2010, 11:59 AM

10,318 posts, read 10,778,130 times
jluke, he always tries to make Atlanta seem greater than what it is.

Old 12-22-2010, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
It does; Houston is very low-key when it comes to celebrities.
I think that's probably what's best about Houston's AA nightlife because it seems like you can get to interact with the celebrity more just like he/she is a regular person. In Atlanta, when I lived there, it was like they stayed advertising celebrities at clubs. This happened so much to point where clubs were packed to the brim whenever I would pass by. From talking to people and from looking a pictures, I seemed like celebrities at ATL parties were just standing there looking.

Old 12-22-2010, 12:02 PM

15,831 posts, read 20,000,755 times
Quote:
jluke, he always tries to make Atlanta seem greater than what it is.
I wanna go to Atlanta. I've heard good and bad things about it; I just want to experience it for myself. Why don't you like the city??

Old 12-22-2010, 12:05 PM

I never said that I didn't like the city. I just feel like people overrate the place for no reason when in reality it's just regular.

Old 12-22-2010, 12:10 PM

5,098 posts, read 4,678,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
Right, LOL

He's posting all these videos and failing horribly. No one said ATL's scene suck. I just heard it isn't what you think it would be if you've never partied there.

Celebrities parties are lame to me. ATL can keep them because they do nothing for me.
if i didn't know any better, i'd think some of those videos were in fact in houston. for the most part, i really saw no difference between the two. i've seen mary j. blige atleast twice on indmix. there are constantly celebrity parties in houston.

and that echelon looks a full, pretentious, boring mess. not the kind of place you'd see me regularly. it's not even in atlanta; it's all the way OTP in stone mountain

...and i'm usually a t.i. fan, but that club performance looked lame as i don't know what

Old 12-22-2010, 12:42 PM

AlGreen, don't you live in Atlanta? What time do the clubs close there?

Old 12-22-2010, 12:48 PM

5,098 posts, read 4,678,620 times
Quote:
AlGreen, don't you live in Atlanta? What time do the clubs close there?
i live in san antonio, texas lol

Old 12-22-2010, 01:10 PM

13,475 posts, read 14,986,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
Houston is not a concentrated city why would you expect the nightlife to be concentrated.

I mean if Houston was neat and compact would be plausible for the nightlife to be concentrated, but I think a lot of people are thankful that the nightlife is spread around so that people can have fun in pockets all around the city
Houston is like a spread out DC in this regard. DC has no concentrated area for nightlife and we all know DC is far more compact than Houston. But in DC, you have corridors of bars and clubs lined up on the streets for example, U Street, H Street, Gallery Place, Adam's Morgan, and more. Similar to what you will see in Houston.

Old 12-22-2010, 01:12 PM

13,475 posts, read 14,986,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlGreen View Post
if i didn't know any better, i'd think some of those videos were in fact in houston. for the most part, i really saw no difference between the two. i've seen mary j. blige atleast twice on indmix. there are constantly celebrity parties in houston.

and that echelon looks a full, pretentious, boring mess. not the kind of place you'd see me regularly. it's not even in atlanta; it's all the way OTP in stone mountain

...and i'm usually a t.i. fan, but that club performance looked lame as i don't know what
I've seen that from a couple posters from people that favor Atlanta. Houston is just not in the spot light like Atlanta is. But it is a very popular city for black celebrities. I really would like to see tonygeorgia come back in this thread and respond to the questions you all asked him. Has he ever been to Houston's club and how many times has he been there?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston