Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2010, 02:21 PM

12,735 posts, read 21,774,364 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
I've seen that from a couple posters from people that favor Atlanta. Houston is just not in the spot light like Atlanta is. But it is a very popular city for black celebrities. I really would like to see tonygeorgia come back in this thread and respond to the questions you all asked him. Has he ever been to Houston's club and how many times has he been there?
I'll pass!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2010, 02:44 PM

4,379 posts, read 4,621,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlGreen View Post
evidently, some of y'all may be too young or inexperienced to know this, but "the party" is wherever you want it to be. if you know how to have a good time without all the "extra-ness" of pretentious nightclubs.

i could probably go into a redneck juke joint and have a good time.
I agree except for the redneck juke joint. Don't want to be in there unless i'm ready to fight some rednecks. I'm not big on clubs honestly. I don't like the music most clubs play. I don't drink. I like parking lot "pimping" more then anything. But I enjoy a party thrown by somebody or just a after hour spot that has the feel of a club but where you can sit down and eat and can hear yourself over the music. Which it's plenty of spots like that in Houston.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M Bulldawg View Post
Redlionjr, how would you compare Houston's AA nightlife to places like Atlanta, Philadelphia, and DFW? I'm asking you since you had more experience with these cities' nightlife.
To me Houston and Atlanta nightlife are pretty similar. I like Houston's nightlife better because ATL nightlife comes off to have more uppity vibe to it. The energy level of both scene gave me the same vibe really. Like I stated Atlantas nightlife of couse will have more celebs. But me personally i'm not attracted to clubs or areas just because a celeb is there. But I didn't have a dull time in either city. I've never been to Philly so I couldn't tell you. DFW has a good AA nightlife. But I think the club scene in Houston gives a bigger variety of options amongst the AA nightlife then Dallas. But don't get it twisted I like DFW nightlife it's amped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygeorgia View Post
if you really want to believe it is the same you can...lol

Our clubs stay open later, have more energy, better options, etc
Please. Most clubs in Atlanta close the same time as Houston clubs. The After hours spots and the strip clubs close at 5 or 6. The same as in Houston. Trust me when I was clubbing in Atlanta. You would leave the club around 2:30.. Hang out in the parkin lot till about 3:00..Head over to Waffle House and chill over there for about a hour and 30. Then if you wanted to trick you would hit the strip club n call it a night/morning. The same things you can do in Houston.

Old 12-22-2010, 03:04 PM

I thought Houston's clubs closed at 3?

Old 12-22-2010, 06:08 PM

4,379 posts, read 4,621,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M Bulldawg View Post
I thought Houston's clubs closed at 3?
Most close at 2:00..some close at 3:00..then you have after hours spot that shut down at 5 or 6.(Most of those are strip clubs tho)

Old 12-22-2010, 06:14 PM

Dang! That's what time our college parties end.

Old 12-22-2010, 07:49 PM

4,688 posts, read 8,019,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
I've seen that from a couple posters from people that favor Atlanta. Houston is just not in the spot light like Atlanta is. But it is a very popular city for black celebrities. I really would like to see tonygeorgia come back in this thread and respond to the questions you all asked him. Has he ever been to Houston's club and how many times has he been there?

I lived in Texas for a short time because of the military. I had fun but that was a while back. I'm a 80s baby so I dont really go out too much now because I dont want to hear the music that is out now the entire night at the club. The reason I said Atlanta nightlife is better because I know of several people from Houston and I have friends that have came here for the weekend from Houston and they said our nightlife is better. Atlanta nightlife has changed, a lot of clubs have closed because of the economy and because of developers building skyscrapers on the land in the city. I only go to the clubs that play old school music. Not saying Atlanta nightlife is perfect because it isnt but it's good enough with way it is because of the economy etc. Like I said I dont go out as much but I like going to underground clubs and clubs that play only old school music.

Old 12-22-2010, 07:53 PM

I know several people from Atlanta and Houston that says the same about Houston's AA club scene: it's better than Atlanta's. It seems like one can go to a Houston club and have a great and won't be tired the next day because its clubs seem relaxing and fun at the same time.

Old 12-22-2010, 10:11 PM

5,092 posts, read 8,845,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlionjr View Post
Then if you wanted to trick you would hit the strip club n call it a night/morning.
boy, y'all doin too much, now lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygeorgia View Post
I lived in Texas for a short time because of the military. I had fun but that was a while back. I'm a 80s baby so I dont really go out too much now because I dont want to hear the music that is out now the entire night at the club. The reason I said Atlanta nightlife is better because I know of several people from Houston and I have friends that have came here for the weekend from Houston and they said our nightlife is better. Atlanta nightlife has changed, a lot of clubs have closed because of the economy and because of developers building skyscrapers on the land in the city. I only go to the clubs that play old school music. Not saying Atlanta nightlife is perfect because it isnt but it's good enough with way it is because of the economy etc. Like I said I dont go out as much but I like going to underground clubs and clubs that play only old school music.
okay? just like you'll have some people saying houston's is better. and you'll have some people saying it's about the same. truth be told, considering the status it has, one might expect atlanta's nightlife to be lightyears ahead of houston, but it really isn't. and i'm sure there are people who wind up disappointed.

now...you're a grown man, so where does the childishness come from?

Old 12-23-2010, 07:26 AM

4,688 posts, read 8,019,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlGreen View Post
boy, y'all doin too much, now lol

okay? just like you'll have some people saying houston's is better. and you'll have some people saying it's about the same. truth be told, considering the status it has, one might expect atlanta's nightlife to be lightyears ahead of houston, but it really isn't. and i'm sure there are people who wind up disappointed.

now...you're a grown man, so where does the childishness come from?
If you really think so...lol

I got it from your ____

Old 12-23-2010, 07:09 PM

Come on now, tony....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston