Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2010, 11:58 PM

12,733 posts, read 21,642,812 times

Advertisements

LOL at the picture!

Old 12-19-2010, 12:28 AM

3,017 posts, read 5,193,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antebellum_Goddess View Post
It's the response to this thread...not Mr. Castillo's actions that prompted my response.
But Mr. Castillo's actions were the sole purpose for the creation of this thread and the responses that came along with it. I think you are simply trying to see something in those responses that just isn't there.

Old 12-19-2010, 12:53 AM

173 posts, read 409,539 times
Ok now im convinced antebellum goddess is just messing with us...i hope. This has taken a turn for the bizarre.

Old 12-19-2010, 08:27 AM

44,257 posts, read 64,077,267 times
Quote:
The flowers are miniscule...they don't belong to anyone. God chooses where he wants them to grow...even in those annoying cracks in the concrete.

Sidewalk=Public

I understand the horrors that can occur owning a small business...especially a family business. Its just a very very sad part of our society that will always take advantage.
Are you high?

Old 12-19-2010, 08:48 AM

1,075 posts, read 2,904,542 times
Quote:
No not at all. Mr. Castillo was in a very real and very dangerous situation.

However the sidewalk still belongs to the public and if I am jogging I am not going to jump off the sidewalk and run into incoming traffic and die because trigger happy Billy Bob doesn't want me (Sally Sue) close to his property...because of some perceived threat that is not even warranted. Billy Bob doesn't have the full story because he chooses not to.

The flowers are miniscule...they don't belong to anyone. God chooses where he wants them to grow...even in those annoying cracks in the concrete.

Sidewalk=Public

I understand the horrors that can occur owning a small business...especially a family business. Its just a very very sad part of our society that will always take advantage.

WHAT DOES THE SIDEWALK HAVE TO DO WITH ANYTHING AT ALL INVOLVING THE SITUATION WITH MR. CASTILLO?

I have determined (at least to my own satisfaction) that you are either:

1. Drunk.
2. Stoned.
3. A borderline personality.

Now, why someone like that would choose to post on the city-data forum I'm not sure; on the (now extremly) rare occasion that I get drunk, my first thought is not, "Hey, I think I'll go post on city-data!"

As cheryjohns pointed out, YOU, your own bad self, brought up race.

I'm with another poster, where is that "Ignore" button?

Last edited by Malvie; 12-19-2010 at 09:05 AM..

Old 12-19-2010, 09:41 AM

1,765 posts, read 4,330,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
I get slammed on this forum all the time for being a "West Coast liberal moved to Texas" and I am thrilled that Mr. Castillo successfully defended himself. It is naive to think that these criminals were going to take the jewelry and let the store owners go. Mr. Castillo and his wife would be dead if Mr. Castillo hadn't acted as he did.

Right there with ya, Topaz! From the "East Coast liberal moved to Texas."

I have a lot of respect for these very hard-working folks who run convenience stores 24/7 or small shops like Mr. Castillo's in the riskier neighborhoods, and they know that any day someone may walk through their front door and rob or kill them. I cannot imagine why Robertrulez thinks the thugs would have just been happy to leave with their loot.

The poor guy was shot three times...I hope he hasn't been maimed or otherwise affected for life by these jerks.

Old 12-19-2010, 09:53 AM

1,765 posts, read 4,330,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryjohns View Post
She's big boned and flirty and picks flowers and lives in an alternative universe with a city-data poster.

This forum's rules are annoying ...I just can't rep you enough!! I am snorting I am laughing so hard!

Old 12-19-2010, 07:49 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,060,033 times
Quote:
Its not a straw man argument because they are not simply referring to the use of self-defense in such a situation (Mr. Castillo) where your life or the lives of others pose an immediate danger. For some the use of deadly force...as a matter of "self-defense" is justified based on speculative evidence. Its more so to assert their dominance or control over the situation...haphazard collection of information, preconceived notions/biases...especially in a situation of duress serve as cold hard facts.
But it is a straw man argument because nowhere in this thread did anyone suggest use of force against someone jogging in front of their house. They suggested it for when someone breaks into their house. You are free to jog all you want on the sidewalk or in the street and no one here will be shooting you. If you decide to jog through someone's living room at 3am, expect to suffer lead poisoning.

Old 12-19-2010, 08:04 PM

12,733 posts, read 21,642,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catfancier View Post
This forum's rules are annoying ...I just can't rep you enough!! I am snorting I am laughing so hard!
Ikr!

Old 12-20-2010, 10:04 AM

17,029 posts, read 30,784,699 times
Really???...closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston