Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2010, 09:13 AM

1,135 posts, read 2,182,043 times

Advertisements

wow didn't know this type of stuff was back. Left Houston back during all the Rolex robberies in mid 90s. They're prob kin to the same guys that robbed my store and pistol whipped customers. And NO not everyone has insurance! Saw too many fellow business owners killed down there, so glad the man picked off a few of the bad guys

Old 12-18-2010, 09:48 AM

614 posts, read 1,230,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertrulez View Post
The reason I never go on chron is because of all the conservative douche bags on that site commending him for his reckless actions. Making his place of business in a shooting range not only endangered his wife, but also civilians outside that could have been hit by a ricochet. He could have just gave the jewelry and let the insurance take care of it instead of endangering other lives.
Just stop posting please! I'm sure you would have really been thinking about the innocent civilians outside as the reason to not protect yourself and your family. Sounds like you're the type to take it up the a$$ and not do a damn thing about it all for the sake of the innocent. Sure glad I'm not a part of your family when the ***** hits the fan.

Old 12-18-2010, 10:31 AM

4,023 posts, read 7,338,580 times
Congrats Mr Castillo

Old 12-18-2010, 10:39 AM

1,075 posts, read 2,902,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
I get slammed on this forum all the time for being a "West Coast liberal moved to Texas" and I am thrilled that Mr. Castillo successfully defended himself. It is naive to think that these criminals were going to take the jewelry and let the store owners go. Mr. Castillo and his wife would be dead if Mr. Castillo hadn't acted as he did.
Me, too, Topaz, I'm roundly criticized by my friends for being a "bleeding heart liberal" but I think Mr. Castillo acted intelligently, swiftly, and correctly.

These people aren't just robbing, they're killing, raping, maiming. And they are not deserving of any "humane" treatment, they are not "poor little lambs who have lost their way", they are menaces to society.

I'm all for getting the RIGHT ones, and I think the Police FREQUENTLY get the WRONG ones, and I think the Prosecutors are generally worthless--they're just trying to make a splash to get out of the Prosecutor's office--but when the individual citizen like Mr. Castillo is in personal danger (along with his family), there's no doubt who the "right ones" are--and he just saved himself and his family, while saving us a lot of money prosecuting their worthless ***ess, while keeping them from robbing somebody else later.

Oh, and I'm all about treating people fairly. These people were treated fairly. I hope their mama's are sobbing.

Old 12-18-2010, 11:43 AM

6,476 posts, read 7,292,335 times
Well, maybe they could at least write Castillo a summons for exterminating vermin without a license.

Reminder to self: When next in Houston I must make my way to Canal and Super and buy my wife something nice.

Old 12-18-2010, 11:45 AM

1,339 posts, read 2,589,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malvie View Post
Me, too, Topaz, I'm roundly criticized by my friends for being a "bleeding heart liberal" but I think Mr. Castillo acted intelligently, swiftly, and correctly.

These people aren't just robbing, they're killing, raping, maiming. And they are not deserving of any "humane" treatment, they are not "poor little lambs who have lost their way", they are menaces to society.

I'm all for getting the RIGHT ones, and I think the Police FREQUENTLY get the WRONG ones, and I think the Prosecutors are generally worthless--they're just trying to make a splash to get out of the Prosecutor's office--but when the individual citizen like Mr. Castillo is in personal danger (along with his family), there's no doubt who the "right ones" are--and he just saved himself and his family, while saving us a lot of money prosecuting their worthless ***ess, while keeping them from robbing somebody else later.

Oh, and I'm all about treating people fairly. These people were treated fairly. I hope their mama's are sobbing.

Could not have been stated better!!!! Although, I am not a "bleeding heart liberal".

Old 12-18-2010, 11:51 AM

123 posts, read 286,553 times
good for him. too bad he got shot.

wonder how much his hospital bill will be?

Old 12-18-2010, 12:08 PM

9,053 posts, read 17,107,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malvie View Post

That's what I thought. Think of how many crimes that will not happen now forward, now that they have been removed from earth - think how many victims Mr. Castillo saved, not just he and his wife.

As to their mothers sobbing, I hope they are not here to be on TV. I always hate it when they say "he was always such a good boy!" Not always, evidently.

Old 12-18-2010, 12:35 PM

173 posts, read 409,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertrulez View Post
The reason I never go on chron is because of all the conservative douche bags on that site commending him for his reckless actions. Making his place of business in a shooting range not only endangered his wife, but also civilians outside that could have been hit by a ricochet. He could have just gave the jewelry and let the insurance take care of it instead of endangering other lives.
HIs wife was already endangered,she was tied up and the were about to tie him up. Survival of the fittest,natural selection....This is the world we live in now-u better get ready for it. U would not have survived this incident. THis store is very close to where i live, i am very glad Mr. Catillo did what he had to to protect himself and his wife!!!

Old 12-18-2010, 01:19 PM

5,976 posts, read 15,183,395 times
Default Right on...

Swift Texas Justice! An open and shut case all in one instance. The only 'bad' that will come out of this will be from people who consider Mr. Castillo the problem, not the hero.

The only solace for people who think like Robert' is that not much ink will be wasted, and not many trees will be used for paperwork.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston