Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2010, 09:54 PM

497 posts, read 1,479,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antebellum_Goddess View Post
There are a lot of trigger happy people that would be happy to gun down...shoot and kill a person in point blank range that does not pose an immediate danger.
LOL - yep - happens all the time. They are called "gang bangers".

Old 12-18-2010, 09:55 PM

82 posts, read 102,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryjohns View Post
When you look at all of your comments, I don't see how you don't see how you are interjecting race into the situation.

Why would you even say something like I can get quite tan in the summertime?

You asked what was jaydes point when he/she quoted your tan statement. More to the point, what was your point in making that statement in the first place?
Regardless it was not my purpose. I will say however ( I am being very cautious in saying this) that it does sometimes make a teeny tiny difference.

If Sally Sue is enroaching on Billy Bobs property then I do believe he is less likely to perceive her as a threat and make an example out of her than say big bone flirty Lakeisha. Not so much because big bone flirty Lakeisha is such a big threat...but because he may have much more to lose. What message does it send to the neighbors if he lets big bone flirty Lakeisha close to his property...even if to pick some flowers?

Last edited by Ashlynn_Joy; 12-18-2010 at 10:03 PM..

Old 12-18-2010, 10:02 PM

497 posts, read 1,479,277 times
Quote:
I understand however some people have a very funny definition of what is personal and community/public property...and use it to intimidate others. If I am jogging on the sidewalk and just decide to run into your house, sit at your table and drink a cold glass of milk then thats entirely different. I am not talking about that at all. I am talking about homeowners crossing the line conveniently. If I am jogging within the vicinity of a person's home on a public sidewalk or street...that owner does not have the right to intimidate me and get into my space because he believes me or worse "my kind" may pose a security risk to his family, his community, and his property value. Self defense is not a valid excuse to intimidate people or make an example of others. Especially if you are selective in your approach of individuals. Often the motivation is not due to any real threat of violence...just a means of control. Pulling a gun on someone and threatening to take their life...inciting violence due to your perception...utilizing it as a tool to put fear into other targets...as well as put fear into the minds of those you seek to control.
Your reality doesn't exist. Well I take that back. There are neighborhoods in LA where you will be shot on sight if you are black. They are hispanic neighborhoods. There are also some places in the US where it is very dangerous to enter if you are white.

So I guess your reality does exist - but just a bit differently from your perception.

Old 12-18-2010, 10:03 PM

173 posts, read 409,539 times
Quote:
Regardless it was not my purpose. I will say however ( I am being very cautious in saying this) that it does sometimes make a teeny tiny difference.

If Sally Sue is enroaching on Billy Bobs property then I do believe he is less likely to perceive her as a threat and make an example out of her than say big bone Lakeisha. Not so much because big bone Lakeisha is such a big threat...but because he may have much more to lose. What message does it send to the neighbors if he lets big Lakeisha close to his property...even if to pick some flowers?
your a moron....is there an ignore function(looking) LOL

Old 12-18-2010, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by studiobtm View Post
Your reality doesn't exist. Well I take that back. There are neighborhoods in LA where you will be shot on sight if you are black. They are hispanic neighborhoods. There are also some places in the US where it is very dangerous to enter if you are white.

So I guess your reality does exist - but just a bit differently from your perception.

What in the WORLD does this have to do with race? Enough already, I hate people that are always being race into everything! Seriously, get your mind off of race and just focus on the issue.

Mr. Castillo is HISPANIC. The men who committed the robbery were HISPANIC. Even then I did not mention race in the scenario AT ALL. I did not mention anything about BLACKS for heavens sake or even Whites.

Last edited by Ashlynn_Joy; 12-18-2010 at 10:13 PM..

Old 12-18-2010, 10:07 PM

2,783 posts, read 6,652,607 times
Quote:

If Sally Sue is enroaching on Billy Bobs property then I do believe he is less likely to perceive her as a threat and make an example out of her than say big bone flirty Lakeisha. Not so much because big bone flirty Lakeisha is such a big threat...but because he may have much more to lose. What message does it send to the neighbors if he lets big bone flirty Lakeisha close to his property...even if to pick some flowers?
I am pretty sure this poster is trying to make a point here, but for the life of me I cannot figure out what the heck she is trying to say.

Old 12-18-2010, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rb4browns View Post
I am pretty sure this poster is trying to make a point here, but for the life of me I cannot figure out what the heck she is trying to say.

Trigger happy people should think twice and only use it as a means of self-defense or else you are committing murder.

Old 12-18-2010, 10:18 PM

173 posts, read 409,539 times
Quote:
Trigger happy people should think twice and only use it as a means of self-defense or else you are committing murder.
Your making your point in the wrong thread.

Old 12-18-2010, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydes View Post
Your making your point in the wrong thread.

It is all relevant.

Old 12-18-2010, 10:26 PM

44,257 posts, read 64,077,267 times
Quote:
Shooting people who are waving guns around in your house or business and who have tied up your wife sounds like DEFENDING YOURSELF.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston