Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2010, 10:28 PM

9,053 posts, read 17,121,581 times

Advertisements

I don't want Sally Sue or Lakeisha picking my flowers. It's not a threat - but it's rude. Next thing, they will come in and sit at my table and ask for a glass of milk or a cup of tea. They will probably want a vase for the flowers. This thread had moved into the absurd.

Whoa - wait - I think I have it figured out. Would it make a big difference if Lakeisha was not big-boned and wasn't so flirty? See, my mind can follow alongside the same paths!

Old 12-18-2010, 10:36 PM

82 posts, read 102,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryjohns View Post
I don't want Sally Sue or Lakeisha picking my flowers. It's not a threat - but it's rude. Next thing, they will come in and sit at my table and ask for a glass of milk or a cup of tea. They will probably want a vase for the flowers. This thread had moved into the absurd.

Whoa - wait - I think I have it figured out. Would it make a big difference if Lakeisha was not big-boned and wasn't so flirty? See, my mind can follow alongside the same paths!
Wait a sec...I did not say they were his flowers. The wild flowers were in his vicinity close to his property but not on it. Now Billy Bob can water "his flowers" and treat it like his own but it is not. May make a pretty view but the wildflowers do not belong to him nor does the sidewalk. In fact Billy Bob could spent hours every day tending to the flowers, pulling the weeds from the cracks in the concrete...cleaning the sidewalk all around his property but it still does not belong to him. Billy Bob doesn't have a right to intimidate anyone from walking on a public sidewalk.

Every Lakeisha that I personally know is big boned and flirty so to me it is a matter of fact. Lakeisha is always big boned and flirty.

Last edited by Ashlynn_Joy; 12-18-2010 at 10:46 PM..

Old 12-18-2010, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antebellum_Goddess View Post
Wait a sec...I did not say they were his flowers. The wild flowers were in his vicinity close to his property but not on it. Now Billy Bob can water "his flowers" and treat it like his own but it is not. May make a pretty view but the wildflowers do not belong to him nor does the sidewalk. In fact Billy Bob could spent hours every day tending to the flowers, pulling the weeds from the cracks in the concrete...cleaning the sidewalk all around his property but it still does not belong to him. Billy Bob doesn't have a right to intimidate anyone from walking on public sidewalk.

Every Lakeisha that I personally know is big boned and flirty so to me it is a matter of fact. Lakeisha is always big boned and flirty.
I imagine that was probably going on in Mr. Castillo's shop. Those innocent big boned, flirty guys were probably just looking for some flowers to pick.

I am not sure how you arrived at flirty Lakeisha picking wildflowers - from the real horror that Mr. and Mrs. Castillo endured before he set things right - but OK.

Old 12-18-2010, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryjohns View Post
I imagine that was probably going on in Mr. Castillo's shop. Those innocent big boned, flirty guys were probably just looking for some flowers to pick.

No not at all. Mr. Castillo was in a very real and very dangerous situation.

However the sidewalk still belongs to the public and if I am jogging I am not going to jump off the sidewalk and run into incoming traffic and die because trigger happy Billy Bob doesn't want me (Sally Sue) close to his property...because of some perceived threat that is not even warranted. Billy Bob doesn't have the full story because he chooses not to.

The flowers are miniscule...they don't belong to anyone. God chooses where he wants them to grow...even in those annoying cracks in the concrete.

Sidewalk=Public

I understand the horrors that can occur owning a small business...especially a family business. Its just a very very sad part of our society that will always take advantage.

Last edited by Ashlynn_Joy; 12-18-2010 at 11:09 PM..

Old 12-18-2010, 11:10 PM

2,783 posts, read 6,653,091 times
Quote:
Trigger happy people should think twice and only use it as a means of self-defense or else you are committing murder.
But who is Lakeisha?

Old 12-18-2010, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rb4browns View Post
But who is Lakeisha?
She's big boned and flirty and picks flowers and lives in an alternative universe with a city-data poster.

Old 12-18-2010, 11:24 PM

Quote:

However the sidewalk still belongs to the public and if I am jogging I am not going to jump off the sidewalk and run into incoming traffic and die because trigger happy Billy Bob doesn't want me (Sally Sue) close to his property...because of some perceived threat that is not even warranted. Billy Bob doesn't have the full story because he chooses not to.

The flowers are miniscule...they don't belong to anyone. God chooses where he wants them to grow...even in those annoying cracks in the concrete.

Sidewalk=Public

I understand the horrors that can occur owning a small business...especially a family business. Its just a very very sad part of our society that will always take advantage.
We were all talking about the very real and the very dangerous situation with Mr Castillo - and commending him on his actions. We are not the ones that moved it into la-la land.

Old 12-18-2010, 11:40 PM

3,017 posts, read 5,194,023 times
Quote:
It is all relevant.
Your analysis would perhaps be much better suited to the Joe Horn case or even the Robbie Tolan shooting. The situation being discussed here pretty much epitomizes the justified use of lethal force in the interest of self-defense. As such, you're not going to get very far in your attempt to rationalize Mr Castillo's actions as anything but heroic without venturing into some pretty bizarre and impertinent stretches of logic, as you appeared to have already done with the whole "flower-picking Lakeisha" vignette.

Old 12-18-2010, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSykes View Post
Your analysis would perhaps be much better suited to the Joe Horn case or even the Robbie Tolan shooting. The situation being discussed here pretty much epitomizes the justified use of lethal force in the interest of self-defense. As such, you're not going to get very far in your attempt to rationalize Mr Castillo's actions as anything but heroic without venturing into some pretty bizarre and impertinent stretches of logic, as you appeared to have already done with the whole "flower-picking Lakeisha" vignette.
It's the response to this thread...not Mr. Castillo's actions that prompted my response.

Old 12-18-2010, 11:56 PM

2,783 posts, read 6,653,091 times
Quote:

Sidewalk=Public

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston