U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2010, 04:51 PM

724 posts, read 1,424,139 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M Bulldawg View Post
Bridgeland?
Seriously, Bulldawg? That is awful advice. Bridgeland is barely in Cypress on the western edge. It is at least an hour from Kingwood in moderate traffic. Please put a disclaimer on your advice that you don't actually live in Houston.

I would suggest Spring or Champions depending on the specific location of the job sites. To get closer to Kingwood, I would have to defer to the advice of others with more knowledge of that area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2010, 05:11 PM

12,204 posts, read 17,573,373 times
That's why I put a question mark behind it. TheEconomist, you're a mess!

Old 12-20-2010, 06:23 PM

9,791 posts, read 7,654,581 times
Modster, you would be surprised. The Champions, Klein, Spring areas are very diverse. Why in my tiny, 88 house community, we have Christian, Muslim, Jew, Sikh, Buddhist that I know of. We have a couple of families from each Continent, all kinds, all colors. We even have gay couples. Nobody notices. We are all here, now, trying to get by just like everybody else. The Southern Baptist probably are the majority, but they are not obnoxious like they are in Dallas. Nobody has tried to save me. It's a live and let live world out here. Things have changed since the 70's and 80's for most of us.
Now if you want to talk about competitive sports and helicopter parents, that's another story.

Old 12-20-2010, 08:20 PM

724 posts, read 1,424,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M Bulldawg View Post
That's why I put a question mark behind it. TheEconomist, you're a mess!
No one was talking about Bridgeland before you mentioned it. You gave bad advice. Own up to it and move on. I'm not going to let the OP waste a bunch of time researching Bridgeland since that so clearly does not meet his specifications. You might as well have said the moon for all the value your post had. You don't live here. Stop dispensing advice about the local real estate.

Old 12-20-2010, 08:40 PM

4,517 posts, read 11,316,715 times
A&M Bulldawg and Texas User (who I am pretty sure is the same person) always post random stuff in threads.

Old 12-20-2010, 09:05 PM

95 posts, read 262,443 times
I think Fall Creek would definitely be worth a look. It is right near the intersection of Hwy 59 and Beltway 8 which would be a simple drive to both Kingwood and Cypress. It about about 15 miles to Kingwood, 30 miles to Cypress, and 20 miles to downtown Houston.

Fall Creek Elementary School has an Examplary rating and is ethnically diverse.

Old 12-20-2010, 11:11 PM

6 posts, read 13,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyfairre View Post
I think Fall Creek would definitely be worth a look. It is right near the intersection of Hwy 59 and Beltway 8 which would be a simple drive to both Kingwood and Cypress. It about about 15 miles to Kingwood, 30 miles to Cypress, and 20 miles to downtown Houston.

Fall Creek Elementary School has an Examplary rating and is ethnically diverse.

Hi All,

Thanks for advices. I will check the those areas. I am looking at 200-300k Price range., Preferably shorter driving time for my wife.

Fall creek is it safe area?

Old 12-20-2010, 11:24 PM

8,954 posts, read 14,093,599 times
Yes, it's safe. Nice homes. It might be more like 40-45 minutes for you, depending on where in Cypress. You'll be taking the Beltway. Agree with the 15 minutes to Kingwood.

Old 12-21-2010, 05:47 AM

1,339 posts, read 2,218,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryjohns View Post
Yes, it's safe. Nice homes. It might be more like 40-45 minutes for you, depending on where in Cypress. You'll be taking the Beltway. Agree with the 15 minutes to Kingwood.

Jack, I agree with Cheryjohns. That will be an extremely short commute for your wife. As far as you are concerned, you will need an E-Z Tag for the beltway. Here is there website www.hctra.org. The 40-45 minute commute is right on the money for one way driving. Sometimes it could escalate to an hour with the heavy traffic at IH-45. Jack, your 200k-300k price will get you a great home in Fall Creek and many of the neighborhoods suggested to you in this thread. One thing great thing about Houston is that you still do get alot of house for your dollar. Jack, good luck to you and your family and keep us posted. Also, welcome to Houston!!

Old 12-21-2010, 07:58 AM

8,954 posts, read 14,093,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberAzeneth View Post
Jack, I agree with Cheryjohns. That will be an extremely short commute for your wife. As far as you are concerned, you will need an E-Z Tag for the beltway. Here is there website www.hctra.org. The 40-45 minute commute is right on the money for one way driving. Sometimes it could escalate to an hour with the heavy traffic at IH-45. Jack, your 200k-300k price will get you a great home in Fall Creek and many of the neighborhoods suggested to you in this thread. One thing great thing about Houston is that you still do get alot of house for your dollar. Jack, good luck to you and your family and keep us posted. Also, welcome to Houston!!
I agree with AmberAzeneth agreeing with me - LOL. Houston does get you a lot of house for the money - some places much more than others. Different people have mentioned the Champions area because it's centered between your two points - and the house bargain has got to be the best in Houston IMO. Homes are older than Fall Creek, but bigger for the same price and usually with bigger lots. Fall Creek is nice, though.

If you go on www.har.com (best consumer real estate site in the nation - has won awards every year) and punch in area 13 - you can see for yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or