U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 12-21-2010, 12:31 PM
 
912 posts, read 2,257,799 times
Reputation: 779

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texas7 View Post
aaah, just got back from a 5-mile walk before I head to the mall to stalk out a space near the store entries.
I have to park nearby the mall at the moment (taking a course) and have been considering parking in the best space near the door as I get there well before opening time.

I was wondering what sort of fun I could have by taking my post lunch walk round the car park and occasionally going to my car looking as if I'm going to leave, sitting in it for a few minutes, then getting back out and locking it up once a good old queue of idiots has formed-and repeat.

Might try it tommorrow
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-21-2010, 12:37 PM
 
Location: Houston, TX
8,626 posts, read 16,243,864 times
Reputation: 5933
go for it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-21-2010, 12:47 PM
 
Location: Charleston Sc and Western NC
9,274 posts, read 22,768,361 times
Reputation: 4684
I just sit in my car and make a few calls before I hit the road. Really pisses them off. But would they rather me park and call or drive and call and cause a wreck?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-21-2010, 01:56 PM
 
912 posts, read 2,257,799 times
Reputation: 779
Quote:
Originally Posted by texas7 View Post
go for it
I'd love to but sadly I value my time too much. It's a great idea though for people with time to burn- who knows you might even be able to get some of these idiots fighting over your space!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-21-2010, 02:01 PM
 
Location: Houston, TX
8,626 posts, read 16,243,864 times
Reputation: 5933
except that someone would really get a space ..... I rarely buy enough that I need to make trips to the car to load it up and return to the mall.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-21-2010, 03:25 PM
 
12,201 posts, read 17,564,997 times
Reputation: 3350
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
How does having a target take away from the other stores??? I just want to know because I've notice lots of people saying that about MCM.
If MCM was compared to Perimeter Mall in Atlanta, than Perimeter will win by a long shot. If anything, The Woodlands Mall is similar to Perimeter because it seems more upscale than MCM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-21-2010, 03:55 PM
 
Location: The Greater Houston Metro Area
8,950 posts, read 14,085,961 times
Reputation: 14762
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grunn View Post
I have to park nearby the mall at the moment (taking a course) and have been considering parking in the best space near the door as I get there well before opening time.

I was wondering what sort of fun I could have by taking my post lunch walk round the car park and occasionally going to my car looking as if I'm going to leave, sitting in it for a few minutes, then getting back out and locking it up once a good old queue of idiots has formed-and repeat.

Might try it tommorrow
This reminds me of something that drives me crazy. You pull into a parking lot with very limited parking space (close or far from the store or business, doesn't matter - just need any old space) and the driver that goes to their car has to sit and put on make-up, do their hair in the mirror, make a call or two on the cell phone, re-arrange the glove compartment, pay a few bills, consult their horoscope, get liposuction, etc., etc. Anything to drag it out and create a jam.

Is it a territorial thing? I have the space and you don't? If I was Mistress of the Universe, I would zap them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-21-2010, 04:04 PM
 
Location: Charleston Sc and Western NC
9,274 posts, read 22,768,361 times
Reputation: 4684
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryjohns View Post
This reminds me of something that drives me crazy. You pull into a parking lot with very limited parking space (close or far from the store or business, doesn't matter - just need any old space) and the driver that goes to their car has to sit and put on make-up, do their hair in the mirror, make a call or two on the cell phone, re-arrange the glove compartment, pay a few bills, consult their horoscope, get liposuction, etc., etc. Anything to drag it out and create a jam.

Is it a territorial thing? I have the space and you don't? If I was Mistress of the Universe, I would zap them.

Yep that's me!! But hey at least I'm not the one putting on mascara with one hand, talking on the phone with the other, and knee driving 75 mph hour the freeway. If you find it territorial to get yourself situated before driving, perhaps you are the one that thinks you are the next owner of the spot...wait your a real estate agent...never mind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-21-2010, 04:06 PM
 
Location: Charleston Sc and Western NC
9,274 posts, read 22,768,361 times
Reputation: 4684
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M Bulldawg View Post
If MCM was compared to Perimeter Mall in Atlanta, than Perimeter will win by a long shot. If anything, The Woodlands Mall is similar to Perimeter because it seems more upscale than MCM.

Yet you've been to neither.

MCM is more upscale.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-21-2010, 04:10 PM
 
12,201 posts, read 17,564,997 times
Reputation: 3350
Why does everyone make such a big deal about me not haven't been to Houston? Dang! Anyone can look at each malls' store listings and can see whcih mall is more upscale.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top