U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2010, 08:07 AM

4,516 posts, read 11,314,119 times

Advertisements

Kingwood actually is a master planned community. It has a shared HOA, the KSA, that covers all neighborhoods and is charge of community wide amenities like River Grove park and the boat dock. Kingwood is not a small city, most of it is in Houston city limits with the remainder in Porter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2010, 08:54 PM

1,042 posts, read 2,791,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_ut View Post
Kingwood actually is a master planned community. It has a shared HOA, the KSA, that covers all neighborhoods and is charge of community wide amenities like River Grove park and the boat dock. Kingwood is not a small city, most of it is in Houston city limits with the remainder in Porter.
I did not say it was a small city but it feels more like its own little town/zip code rather than a master planned community which has pocket sections within one confined area. Kingwood is large and spread out. That is interesting that ALL neighborhoods in Kingwood have the same HOA dues. There are neighborhoods up there with a vast difference in feel. It would be like pulling in all of the hoods here in the Atascocita area and saying they are one. Not saying it ain't so but I find it hard to believe. Oakhurst is a Master Planned Community within Kingwood.

Old 12-27-2010, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Oaky , so yes the Kingwood site is stating that it is a master planned community but it is not the typical current day master planned community. Could be that it is just an older more established spread out community. I still find it odd that some of the older more run down hoods up there pay the same HOA dues as other more affluent hoods such as the ones with the million dollar and up homes. That would tick me off if I was being forced to pay the same HOA dues.

Old 12-27-2010, 09:19 PM

1,194 posts, read 2,894,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Txgal33 View Post
Oaky , so yes the Kingwood site is stating that it is a master planned community but it is not the typical current day master planned community. Could be that it is just an older more established spread out community. I still find it odd that some of the older more run down hoods up there pay the same HOA dues as other more affluent hoods such as the ones with the million dollar and up homes. That would tick me off if I was being forced to pay the same HOA dues.
Kingwood is a Friendswood Development Company community. It's been under development for decades. The Oakhurst community on the west side of 59, began as a failed community by a different developer and was called Bentwood. After it went bankrupt, Friendswood purchased the development and renamed it Oakhurst at Kingwood. FDC also developed Clear Lake City, as well as many other premium subdivisions all over the greater Houston area. Kingwood has been annexed by Houston, but began life 30+ years ago as a far flung master plan development .....that did quite well, compared to the hip hop going on along the beltway in the last 10-15 years.

Old 12-27-2010, 10:28 PM

4,516 posts, read 11,314,119 times
Not all neighborhoods pay the same HOA dues, they all pay a set amount to KSA then each neighborhood has its own dues on top of that. The amounts range from $250 to $600 a year that I am aware of. I think $100 or $125 of that goes to KSA.

Kingwood actually covers 2 zip codes and part of a 3rd.

Old 12-28-2010, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Not all neighborhoods pay the same HOA dues, they all pay a set amount to KSA then each neighborhood has its own dues on top of that. The amounts range from $250 to $600 a year that I am aware of. I think $100 or $125 of that goes to KSA.

Kingwood actually covers 2 zip codes and part of a 3rd.
That makes more sense! It is huge and I guess in my mind I never thought of Kingwood, Clearlake, or Friendswood as master planned communities. Ya learn something new every day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston