Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2010, 04:03 PM

44 posts, read 51,415 times

Advertisements

I am looking for a car which I want to use for commuting to school & places here & there. No long drives.

See I have no ideas about cars really, but I have my own preferences. Please help me find my dream car.

I want a car which :

- Has a Sporty Look to it
- Has 4 doors & generous spacing
- Should be fuel efficient 25mpg+ (Most Important)
- Doesnt matter if its 4 or 6 cylinders (but should have some sort of oomph factor to it)
- Other features like Trip Computer, ABS, AC, CD, GPS, Anti-Theft etc

I have no budget margin really, but this is my first car & that too on my parents money so cheaper is the key term for my purchase. Even if it exceeds my budget I am ok with used cars.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2010, 04:14 PM

30 posts, read 68,070 times
2011 honda civic lx...if you get on before the new year you can negotiate it to 17k with destination and certain dealer add-on at some of the dealerships.

Old 12-26-2010, 04:23 PM

16,787 posts, read 49,058,726 times
If you can't afford a new car look for a used Honda Civic or Accord. They are very reliable even after 100,000 miles if they have been maintained properly.

Honda's were 3 of the top ten in this list of "The 100 Most Reliable Cars of the Last Decade"
http://www.gizmag.com/go/5657/

Quote:
The 10 most reliable cars according to Warranty Direct:

1 - Honda Accord - A classy package, well put together and feels more special than the average family car. Superb engines and value for money. 2 - Subaru Forester - Not quite an off roader, much more than an estate with a sporty edge, making it the perfect combination. Great all round buy. 3 - Mazda MX-5 - Blueprint for the modern roadster with sweet handling and engines to match. Extremely easy to live with. 4 - Mitsubishi Carisma - Despite the name, not that interesting to look at or drive, but that’s not the point. Here is a no-nonsense hatchback that won’t let you down. 5 - Toyota Yaris - Superminis don’t come better. Bags of room and perky engines. Probably the best small car buy. 6 - Honda Civic - Solid build quality and good engines are just part of the appeal, the Civic is one of the most spacious small cars around. Great value. 7 - Nissan Almera - A dull package, but that’s no reason to dismiss the Almera which is practical and perfect for the smaller family who need a big boot and utter reliability. 8 - Honda CR-V - Proof that you don’t need an XXXL 4x4. Here is a four-wheel drive estate that is flexible, easy to drive and own. 9 - Toyota RAV4 - So few four-wheel drives are fun to drive. This car is suitably sporty, but very practical. Expensive used buy but worth it. 10 - Nissan Micra - The driving school favourite. Tough, fairly roomy, but with its light controls is easy to steer around town.

Old 12-26-2010, 04:31 PM

295 posts, read 1,169,066 times
mazda 3 hatchback.

Old 12-26-2010, 04:50 PM

I have found Volkswagen Jetta & Honda Civic to be good looking & economical. What u guys think about that ?

Old 12-26-2010, 05:15 PM

343 posts, read 942,367 times
Check out the new 2011 Kia Optima. I have my eye on that car. Its been revamped. Looks good and the car sites have been raving about it. Just picked up a top safety award.

Old 12-26-2010, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssgmun5000 View Post
Check out the new 2011 Kia Optima. I have my eye on that car. Its been revamped. Looks good and the car sites have been raving about it. Just picked up a top safety award.
Cool.
What about its mileage ?

Old 12-26-2010, 05:31 PM

343 posts, read 942,367 times
24mpg city and 34mpg hwy

Old 12-26-2010, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssgmun5000 View Post
24mpg city and 34mpg hwy
Cool, but I checked the price, out of my range

Guys how's Hyundai Sonata or Toyota Celica ?

Old 12-26-2010, 05:44 PM

948 posts, read 1,386,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technifreakal View Post
I am looking for a car which I want to use for commuting to school & places here & there. No long drives.

I want a car which :

- Has a Sporty Look to it
- Has 4 doors & generous spacing
- Should be fuel efficient 25mpg+ (Most Important)
- Doesnt matter if its 4 or 6 cylinders (but should have some sort of oomph factor to it)
- Other features like Trip Computer, ABS, AC, CD, GPS, Anti-Theft etc

I have no budget margin really, but this is my first car & that too on my parents money so cheaper is the key term for my purchase. Even if it exceeds my budget I am ok with used cars.
First off you not looking for a get around car. Your looking for a girl getter. That's OK for a collage student in the dating scene. However before you by any car list your priorities properly. My first car was a 69 hall ass charger because that is what the General Lee was and that made me feel cool. It's called being young
So look at what you don't want which foremost above MPG is ugly beat up. Last thing you want is for someone to ask if that's your car and you have to lie. Get something that while not a guzzler has the room for you and your friends. Something that a girls father feels is safe, and the girl feels special in.
I'm giving you a bit of grief but my point is that you should get something that your gonna feel good about. It's not arrogant or being stuck up, it's called being young and you should enjoy the time. So list your priorities in proper form of importance that fits your goals now. You'll have plenty of time to be proper later but you will always brag on that first car.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston