Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2011, 01:01 PM

875 posts, read 1,652,075 times

Advertisements

I was browsing through my favorite website and I stumbled across this video. Now im in my mid 20's and most people my age totally agree with weed being legalized for the economy and health issues. Since Houston is pretty diversified and Texas is mostly conservative what are you guys thought of this video? I think it will work. What do you all think?

Video: Misc Clip Of The Week: The History Of Weed! Facts You Need To Know About Marijuana
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2011, 01:02 PM

333 posts, read 635,740 times
I wish

Old 06-08-2011, 01:29 PM

2,277 posts, read 3,939,743 times
Drugs in general need to legalized (including coca and opium IMO), but not for the economy and health issues. The drug war needs to end because its eroding everything else about our country. We're filling up prisons we can't afford and turning drug takers into dealers and violent criminals behind prison walls. We're conflating drugs and terrorism and turning police against citizens via swat raids, tsa privacy invasions and illegal immigration issues. We're promiting a black market that fuels the narcos like prohibition fueled the mobs. The cure for drugs is simply worse than the disease at this point. I'm not saying people's lives won't be ruined by over indulgence of drugs. Some of the worst addicts out there are addicted to alcohol. But all of the ancilliary effects of executing the drug war are killing this nation (figuratively and literally).

Old 06-08-2011, 01:42 PM

875 posts, read 1,652,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost_In_Translation View Post
Drugs in general need to legalized (including coca and opium IMO), but not for the economy and health issues. The drug war needs to end because its eroding everything else about our country. We're filling up prisons we can't afford and turning drug takers into dealers and violent criminals behind prison walls. We're conflating drugs and terrorism and turning police against citizens via swat raids, tsa privacy invasions and illegal immigration issues. We're promiting a black market that fuels the narcos like prohibition fueled the mobs. The cure for drugs is simply worse than the disease at this point. I'm not saying people's lives won't be ruined by over indulgence of drugs. Some of the worst addicts out there are addicted to alcohol. But all of the ancilliary effects of executing the drug war are killing this nation (figuratively and literally).

i agree with you but i dont think weed needs to be put in that same category

Old 06-08-2011, 01:52 PM

8,376 posts, read 30,568,556 times
Legalize it; let the employers continue to test if they feel it is essential for the survival of their business.

Old 06-08-2011, 02:41 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,867,375 times
Legalize all drugs. Don't see how alcohol or tobacco, or the countless synthetic medicines are any different than weed, heroin, cocaine, etc. All are drugs.

Old 06-08-2011, 06:23 PM

4,246 posts, read 11,978,336 times
Never going to happen. To many lobbyist for the pharmaceutical companies. Plus there would be a lot of lawyers and prison guards and all the other jobs that are effected by it out of work. Sucks but the truth.

The government can say it's for your benefit and safety but they don't care. If they did they're would be no beer, cigs or fast food. There's no money in it being legal.

Old 06-08-2011, 06:24 PM

4,246 posts, read 11,978,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by llmrkc07 View Post
I was browsing through my favorite website and I stumbled across this video. Now im in my mid 20's and most people my age totally agree with weed being legalized for the economy and health issues. Since Houston is pretty diversified and Texas is mostly conservative what are you guys thought of this video? I think it will work. What do you all think?

Video: Misc Clip Of The Week: The History Of Weed! Facts You Need To Know About Marijuana

There's a better one and it's narrated by Woody Harrelson. It's called, "Grass". You can rent it from netflix or watch it online. The best documentary on marijuana EVER.

Old 06-08-2011, 06:37 PM

1,106 posts, read 2,642,267 times
Houston has some really good weed . Even decent hash

Old 06-08-2011, 07:01 PM

2 posts, read 2,253 times
wevrrion habe choice, but not everything he can smoke
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: