U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2011, 10:41 PM

6 posts, read 13,085 times

Advertisements

I would like to get information on the Water's Edge Community. We are considering to purchase a home from Pulte. Any advices? Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2011, 11:24 PM

724 posts, read 1,423,790 times
Is that in Kingwood?

Old 01-03-2011, 07:50 AM

2,262 posts, read 5,657,644 times
No it's not in Kingwood. Technically I think it's Humble. It's on West Lake Houston Parkway just north of Lakeshore. I don't think the Houston city limits start until closer to Summerwood.

To the OP: If you like one of their Pulte homes, then buy one. The neighborhood is nice, but it's coming up slowly. So know that there will be construction going on there for a long time. It used to only have Pulte homes and start from the the $250's. Then the recession hit and no one was buying homes for a long time.

Now I see that Brighton homes are in there as well. And their homes start from the $180s. That would concern me a little. They are lowering the base prices of the houses being built in there, thus lowering the overall value of all the houses in there. And I personally don't think Brighton builds a good quality home (no flames - that's just what I have personally seen).

I personally would not buy a home in there. I would look at Lakeshore (more establish, but still building) or Summerwood first.

Old 01-04-2011, 12:57 PM

234 posts, read 555,597 times
There's a Water's Edge in Fort Bend too (Missouri City) - Colony Lakes.

Old 01-04-2011, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadsearchingforahouse View Post
There's a Water's Edge in Fort Bend too (Missouri City) - Colony Lakes.
Oh. I thought the OP was talking about the one up NE because it *was* a Pulte only neighborhood. But now Brighton Homes has started building in there as well. It's a gated community.

Old 01-05-2011, 09:29 PM

Sorry, I should have been more clear... It's actually in Houston city limits, I just drove by today again. I like the gated area there. I saw the Brighton homes... It concerns me too... I don't really like Perry homes.
Thank you again for all the replies!

Old 01-05-2011, 11:44 PM

234 posts, read 555,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza777 View Post
Sorry, I should have been more clear... It's actually in Houston city limits, I just drove by today again. I like the gated area there. I saw the Brighton homes... It concerns me too... I don't really like Perry homes.
Good luck

Old 01-06-2011, 02:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza777 View Post
What about Summerwood, Eagle Springs, or Fall Creek?

Old 01-06-2011, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhafer View Post
What about Summerwood, Eagle Springs, or Fall Creek?
I think they are too close to the beltway... (Summerwood and Fall Creek)
I don't know where is Eagle Springs.

Old 01-07-2011, 05:54 AM

1,042 posts, read 2,791,744 times
Oh my! I agree with lhafer on this one! Yes, the gated section looks nice but Pulte in general at least the ones I have been in are not that great of quality. I had actually read that at some point they were going to pull out of that hood which is a hood they started. The entrance is abt the only thing I like. We had looked in there a few times but if I had to be right there I would say Lakeshore for sure. To me the craftmanship is much much better. If Summerwood and Fall Creek are out due to the Beltway which I agree with the OP on then yes do come on up a little further from Waters Edge and drive around Eagle Springs. You can get here right off of West Lake Houston by turning onto Will Clayton at Lifetime Fitness. From there you will find the original section to your right when you turn onto Eagle Springs Parkway or if you turn left at the school...one of two...it will take you to the newer sections. I say there is probably abt two more years worth of building and Highland and Village just opened a new section.
Happy House hunting OP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or