U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2011, 11:20 AM

237 posts, read 383,833 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlionjr View Post
No kittyhawk, I want you to comment on the videos I posted. You failed to do so which means you choose to ignore the truth when it's staring you right in the face. Why do you feel like my beliefs are false and support you're truths with logical reasoning.
There's no truth related to your assertion that the US government is directly oppressing blacks by importing drugs into the US. Even the journalist in video says he has no direct evidence--only theories. Why would you base your attitude on the theory that people are trying to bring you down?

You claim to be pretty young so I hope you can absorb some advice. People do like conformity. You are mistaking it for racism but in most cases people feel comfortable around those who act, dress, and talk like them--it's just human nature (that was what the OP was after). 99% of the time, it comes down to actions not the color of your skin. You'll find that if you at least make an attempt to practice conformity, you will get along much better with the power brokers--whether it's the CEO of a Fortune 500 company, the cops, or the night manager at McDonalds. You may even become a power broker yourself if you play your cards right. OTOH, if you come in with a chip on your shoulder and are ready to push the oppression button at the drop of a hat, people will exclude you or treat you as an inferior. I guess then you will shout racism. That's why these baseless theories about oppression do you no good in life. It just ticks you off and makes you mad at those around you--most of whom have nothing against you whatsoever.

Last edited by kittyhawk; 01-05-2011 at 11:39 AM..

Old 01-05-2011, 11:25 AM

12,202 posts, read 17,569,429 times
Whoever provided that map of diversity, thanks.

Old 01-05-2011, 11:27 AM

21 posts, read 64,114 times
Default corrections

Quote:
Originally Posted by higces View Post
I am looking for a property between the 140's and the 190's, I am not looking for a big property, I have been looking to Green Trails (I love it, but prices are high and the few small houses are sold really fast) and also Nottingham but some houses are too old. I am looking for similar neighborhoods in Houston, I prefer to live next to white people and well educated Hispanics (normally well educated Hispanic from Argentina, Venezuela, Costa Rica, Colombia and South America prefer to live next to white people) so I am looking for a mainly white subdivision.
This is what I am looking for: Mainly white population, good location, good schools, and houses that are not too old.

Any suggestions?
I apologize if I have offended someone here, I didnít know that this kind of question was offensive for some people, and I donít understand it, I tough it was a free country where I can say my preferences and I was not rejecting anyone. The fact that I prefer a red car doesnít mean that I donít like green cars. My intention was not to have a racial forum my intention was to have some advice with good Houstonians who know this city better than me, but it seems some people try to make a racial debate where it is not, probably they are who have racial problems.
I know that what I have is not a lot of money but since is a really important investment I want the best I can find with this money, and for me being with neighbors with who I feel comfortable is part of it, and it is nothing wrong with it.

My idea was not to create this kind of debate, but since it has already started I want to clarify something:
  • Many got upset when I mentioned ďthe educationĒ thing, I didnít do it in a wrong way, but you have to understand that I was making a point, and in Hispanics education make a difference, you can not compare the level of education between someone from Mexico City and someone from the border who in many cases doesnít know how to read and talk not even in Spanish, and the way of how they prefer to live, or the level of education from most of Cubans where normally they are obligated to have basic education with the level of education from most of Salvadorians. And it is nothing wrong with it but normally Hispanics with the lowest education prefer to live in their own communities, and I donít see anything wrong with it, but in my case I prefer to live with Whites, Asiatic, and the kind of Hispanic who likes quiet, safety and well maintained neighborhoods. I want to live in a neighborhood where If my family come to visit me they wonít see 10 guys in front of my yard wearing flip-flops with white socks and singing rap songs, or with 4 neighbors listening ďrancherasĒ loudly, it is a racial thing? No, it is a preference yes.
  • I know Houston is a diverse City, and I love it, but I was just looking for some opinions regarding subdivisions and their demographic tendency.
For the smart people who know how to read and gave me some answers I appreciate it and I will be looking into your recommendations, for the people who felt insulted I apologize it was not my intention to create a racial forum, and for the retarded people who their only way of communication is start insulting someone for the way he things, I understand It must be really hard to be you and be part of a society when you have an inferiority complex.

Old 01-05-2011, 11:27 AM

It's ok! I'm not offended!

Old 01-05-2011, 11:32 AM

15,989 posts, read 29,790,408 times

Lawd! just tell the man a few neighborhoods and let it be! If he doesn't want to live amongst us colored folks than so be it.

You're all wasting energy and computer power trying to sit here and debate such an issue. We all have our preferences; whether some may sound ignorant to others and some may think not is not our place to sit here and judge.

Old 01-05-2011, 11:33 AM

492 posts, read 994,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittyhawk

yes, it is obvious that you are a picture of love and tolerance.
With the poor attitude you display and the conspiracy theorist drivel you base your beliefs on, i would "exclude" you as well. That's not oppression or discrimination based on race--that's personal social exclusion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by redlionjr View Post
no kittyhawk, i want you to comment on the videos i posted. You failed to do so which means you choose to ignore the truth when it's staring you right in the face. Why do you feel like my beliefs are false and support you're truths with logical reasoning.
I think both of you are right, The world is what it is and has been like that from its inception. Governments are at times good at times not so good. Changing laws or governments does not translate into a transformation into Utopia. You fix one thing but that can causes something else to fail. Even in medicine the same scenario is true. A new discovery is found to combat infections, (antibiotics), but now the new strains of bacteria that have appeared from the usage of antibiotics has rendered it less effective. New medicines have been found. However new diseases have also appearaed ie. AIDS, new strains of hepatitis, new cancers. etc,etc. So life goes on.

Old 01-05-2011, 11:37 AM

15,989 posts, read 29,790,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittyhawk View Post
There's no truth related to your assertion that the US government is directly oppressing blacks by importing drugs into the US. Even the journalist in video says he has no direct evidence--only theories. Why would you base your attitude on the theory that people are trying to bring you down?
It's a fact that the government is out the get Blacks. You wonder why the African American percentage is so high in prison??? Most of them are drug related and lots of them are innocent. Watch the movie "American Violet" than come back preaching that nonsense.

People like to paint us blacks as paranoid and cynical, but we know far too much and how the law works. Ignorance is very much still alive and the world is not colorblind.

18,509 posts, read 27,254,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by higces View Post
I apologize if I have offended someone here, I didnít know that this kind of question was offensive for some people, and I donít understand it, I tough it was a free country where I can say my preferences and I was not rejecting anyone. The fact that I prefer a red car doesnít mean that I donít like green cars. My intention was not to have a racial forum my intention was to have some advice with good Houstonians who know this city better than me, but it seems some people try to make a racial debate where it is not, probably they are who have racial problems.
I know that what I have is not a lot of money but since is a really important investment I want the best I can find with this money, and for me being with neighbors with who I feel comfortable is part of it, and it is nothing wrong with it.

My idea was not to create this kind of debate, but since it has already started I want to clarify something:
  • Many got upset when I mentioned ďthe educationĒ thing, I didnít do it in a wrong way, but you have to understand that I was making a point, and in Hispanics education make a difference, you can not compare the level of education between someone from Mexico City and someone from the border who in many cases doesnít know how to read and talk not even in Spanish, and the way of how they prefer to live, or the level of education from most of Cubans where normally they are obligated to have basic education with the level of education from most of Salvadorians. And it is nothing wrong with it but normally Hispanics with the lowest education prefer to live in their own communities, and I donít see anything wrong with it, but in my case I prefer to live with Whites, Asiatic, and the kind of Hispanic who likes quiet, safety and well maintained neighborhoods. I want to live in a neighborhood where If my family come to visit me they wonít see 10 guys in front of my yard wearing flip-flops with white socks and singing rap songs, or with 4 neighbors listening ďrancherasĒ loudly, it is a racial thing? No, it is a preference yes.
  • I know Houston is a diverse City, and I love it, but I was just looking for some opinions regarding subdivisions and their demographic tendency.
For the smart people who know how to read and gave me some answers I appreciate it and I will be looking into your recommendations, for the people who felt insulted I apologize it was not my intention to create a racial forum, and for the retarded people who their only way of communication is start insulting someone for the way he things, I understand It must be really hard to be you and be part of a society when you have an inferiority complex.
its all well and goodto like red cars, but sounds fishy when you don't want your red car near a green car simply because it is green

Thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu, jluke!

Old 01-05-2011, 11:38 AM

20 posts, read 35,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sampaguita View Post
I give this one 'til mid-afternoon.
I put the over/under at 1:00 pm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston