U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-05-2011, 11:45 AM

634 posts, read 819,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by higces View Post
I am sorry if I have offended anyone, I am not even white but I didn't know that the fact that I like white neighborhoods was offensive for some people, it is not a racial thing I am not even white, but I like the way most American white families live, I am open to diversity, but I had a bad experience before because I bought a House and the neighborhood became mainly afro-american and I am sorry to say it but it became really bad.
It must be hard to be a white, when someone can not even say that he or she likes white neighborhoods =)
Yes, I'm sure it's really, really hard to be white. Being so wealthy, owning so much, heading so many Fortune 500 corporations, owning most sports teams, dominating the populations and presidencies of most Ivy League universities (to say nothing of most universities in general), getting better insurance rates when you're not redlined, people not crossing the street when they see you walking their way on a dark street, people always assuming you're exceptionally intelligent, articulate, and competent, being the standard and/or default by which most measure beauty, dominating most elective offices (glaring exception noted, but really, it doesn't hurt that the exception has a white parent), among other painful things.

You're right. This halfbreed Blacktina never realized how hard it must be to be white.

See what I did? I overgeneralized about white folks...just as you did about African Americans. Ahh, don't you just love insularity.

The thread will only lead to disaster.

Old 01-05-2011, 11:50 AM

295 posts, read 712,471 times
why do you always assume asians are "small"?

Old 01-05-2011, 11:51 AM

164 posts, read 218,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
It's a fact that the government is out the get Blacks. You wonder why the African American percentage is so high in prison??? Most of them are drug related and lots of them are innocent. Watch the movie "American Violet" than come back preaching that nonsense.

People like to paint us blacks as paranoid and cynical, but we know far too much and how the law works. Ignorance is very much still alive and the world is not colorblind.
I think there is some misconception regarding the word "fact". It is a fact that there are a lot of blacks in prison per capita. It is not a fact that the government is out to get them. You see the correlation? The two are vastly different.

However, if you feel that your own government is out to "get you", then why would you remain in this country? Why not go somewhere that you can live without constantly watching your back for fear of serving a life sentence for jaywalking?

Surely, there is a safe haven.

I really wanna know.

Last edited by kittyhawk; 01-05-2011 at 12:35 PM..

Old 01-05-2011, 11:52 AM

10,196 posts, read 10,314,850 times
Oh goodness, I hope you ain't talking about what I think you are, Proud2bPinoy.

Old 01-05-2011, 11:55 AM

15,831 posts, read 19,361,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittyhawk View Post
If you feel that your own government is out to "get you", then why would you remain in this country? Why not go somewhere that you can live without constantly watching your back for fear of serving a life sentence for jaywalking?

Surely, there is a safe haven.

I really wanna know.
Because I like it here.

Seriously though, don't even come at me like that though; this is a typical response from non-blacks.

If you don't understand; you never will. Case closed.

Old 01-05-2011, 11:56 AM

896 posts, read 564,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
It's a fact that the government is out the get Blacks. You wonder why the African American percentage is so high in prison??? Most of them are drug related and lots of them are innocent. Watch the movie "American Violet" than come back preaching that nonsense.

People like to paint us blacks as paranoid and cynical, but we know far too much and how the law works. Ignorance is very much still alive and the world is not colorblind.
That is sooo true. Look at how they kept this innocent Black man behind bars for 30 years:
KERA: Innocent Man Exonerated After 30 Years In Prison (2011-01-04)

That seems to be the government's agenda!

Old 01-05-2011, 11:57 AM

jluke, IKR! It's hard to be a black male in America, especially with all of the harsh stereotypes about us.

Old 01-05-2011, 11:57 AM

295 posts, read 712,471 times
why do they call them white when they are more pink than white?

Old 01-05-2011, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by proud2bpinoy View Post

Old 01-05-2011, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud2bPinoy View Post
And why do they call us blacks when we are more brown than black?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston