U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-05-2011, 01:02 PM

7,351 posts, read 8,059,337 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandicoot300 View Post
I put the over/under at 1:00 pm.
$5 says 3:00.

To the OP: Start all over. You want a nice neighborhood likely to stay nice in your price range. Leave skin tone issues out. Where is your job location (area, not exact address)? We will give you some neighborhoods.

46 posts, read 58,252 times
I've never met a person who whined about being oppressed so much that ever accomplished much in life. Jews have seen possibly the most oppression in the last few centuries. They are stereotypically very successful. They don't whine about the past though. Just sayin...

165 posts, read 226,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
Because I like it here.

Seriously though, don't even come at me like that though; this is a typical response from non-blacks.

If you don't understand; you never will. Case closed.
Too late, I already came at you like that...

...and yours is a non-response from an assertion that has no basis.

Old 01-05-2011, 01:03 PM

18,516 posts, read 16,481,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M Bulldawg View Post
And why do they call us blacks when we are more brown than black?

I am more of a teal color.

Old 01-05-2011, 01:03 PM

10,305 posts, read 10,750,642 times
I would love to see that!

Old 01-05-2011, 01:04 PM

10,261 posts, read 7,741,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
It's a fact that the government is out the get Blacks. You wonder why the African American percentage is so high in prison??? Most of them are drug related and lots of them are innocent. Watch the movie "American Violet" than come back preaching that nonsense.

People like to paint us blacks as paranoid and cynical, but we know far too much and how the law works. Ignorance is very much still alive and the world is not colorblind.
While black paranoia has its roots in *some* facts (see the Tuskegee experiment and other similar events), I did not see any *real* evidence in the videos you posted that the US government was specifically going after blacks with crack-cocaine. Certainly, cocaine was used to fuel the Reagan *war* in Nicaragua. I doubt very much if the administration cared what color the victims of the drug traffic were. It was an economic war not a racist one, imo.

It is a shame that Gary Webb did not get the same kind of press that was given to Bob Woodward and Carl Bernstein and *that* may play into the idea that this is a racial divide as well.

Another part of this comes from the fact that there is much going on to bring attention to the abortion of black babies which is a shame, but has a lot to do with the controversies about birth control. Women who have less children can provide better lives for themselves and their families, but Planned Parenthood did have its original roots in a eugenic movement that is despicable. I support education and birth control, btw, but I understand why black people are suspicious of those who would have destroyed their race at one point in history.

The issues you are raising here are difficult and probably should be moved to another forum and a different thread.

Dorothy

Old 01-05-2011, 01:04 PM

5,098 posts, read 4,665,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ftjoe12 View Post
I've never met a person who whined about being oppressed so much that ever accomplished much in life. Jews have seen possibly the most oppression in the last few centuries. They are stereotypically very successful. They don't whine about the past though. Just sayin...
and America was not imposed upon them, either. Can we say the same about blacks?

Old 01-05-2011, 01:06 PM

15,831 posts, read 19,964,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
While black paranoia has its roots in *some* facts (see the Tuskegee experiment and other similar events), I did not see any *real* evidence in the videos you posted that the US government was specifically going after blacks with crack-cocaine. Certainly, cocaine was used to fuel the Reagan *war* in Nicaragua. I doubt very much if the administration cared what color the victims of the drug traffic were. It was an economic war not a racist one, imo.

It is a shame that Gary Webb did not get the same kind of press that was given to Bob Woodward and Carl Bernstein and *that* may play into the idea that this is a racial divide as well.

Another part of this comes from the fact that there is much going on to bring attention to the abortion of black babies which is a shame, but has a lot to do with the controversies about birth control. Women who have less children can provide better lives for themselves and their families, but Planned Parenthood did have its original roots in a eugenic movement that is despicable. I support education and birth control, btw, but I understand why black people are suspicious of those who would have destroyed their race at one point in history.

The issues you are raising here are difficult and probably should be moved to another forum and a different thread.

Dorothy

I don't recall posting a video.....

and I already dropped the discussion.

Old 01-05-2011, 01:11 PM

7,351 posts, read 8,059,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud2bPinoy View Post
why do you always assume asians are "small"?
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M Bulldawg View Post
Oh goodness, I hope you ain't talking about what I think you are, Proud2bPinoy.
Why do you think he's proud?

Old 01-05-2011, 01:17 PM

10,305 posts, read 10,750,642 times
LOL! But blacks dominant that! HA! HA!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston