U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 01-05-2011, 12:43 PM
 
12,201 posts, read 17,562,133 times
Reputation: 3350

Advertisements

HtownLove, Amber, jluke, Scarface, and cheryjohns, y'all are some friendly people! If I move to Houston, I want to live in a neighborhood with all of y'all combined! LOL!

 
Old 01-05-2011, 12:45 PM
 
Location: Up on the moon laughing down on you
18,509 posts, read 27,244,461 times
Reputation: 7562
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M Bulldawg View Post
HtownLove, Amber, jluke, Scarface, and cheryjohns, y'all are some friendly people! If I move to Houston, I want to live in a neighborhood with all of y'all combined! LOL!
jluke lives near me (in da hood), but all others live scattered around Houston.


The woodlands is nice tho. But too far from the loop.. it has its own attractions, but i like my loop
 
Old 01-05-2011, 12:53 PM
 
Location: Up on the moon laughing down on you
18,509 posts, read 27,244,461 times
Reputation: 7562
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavMeAlone View Post
Earlier you said its racist to move into a neighborhood because it's mainly whatever. Now you say yours is 85% black, and this. Sounds like that's exactly what you criticized earlier. Classic.

1.i did not move to the area because it is 85% black. I moved here because I liked it
2. You are assumming I amm black, I said earlier I was more of a teal color,, we all are where I am from

the op is looking for a hood based on color, mine just happened to be so. besides, it is getting more asian and white as the med center encroaches.
 
Old 01-05-2011, 12:56 PM
 
12,201 posts, read 17,562,133 times
Reputation: 3350
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
jluke lives near me (in da hood), but all others live scattered around Houston.


The woodlands is nice tho. But too far from the loop.. it has its own attractions, but i like my loop
I was kidding about The Woodlands. I want to live in an area that's diverse, but where there are a lot of my people. What area would that be?
 
Old 01-05-2011, 01:01 PM
 
12,201 posts, read 17,562,133 times
Reputation: 3350
NEVERMIND! Goodness, some of you Houstonians know y'all can get a statement mixed up!
 
Old 01-05-2011, 01:06 PM
 
Location: Fondren SW Yo
2,783 posts, read 5,859,823 times
Reputation: 2216
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlGreen View Post
the fact that you truly believe the issues are that black and white (no pun intended) in america's poor minority communities only helps prove some of redlion's points. I don't agree with everything he's saying, but he's dead on with some of it.

but I've told myself that I should stay out these type of discussions. there's really no use in debating something with someone who thinks they know everything.
 
Old 01-05-2011, 01:07 PM
 
Location: The Greater Houston Metro Area
8,950 posts, read 14,083,351 times
Reputation: 14762
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavMeAlone View Post
I highly doubt most of the 85% ignored that fact that it is 85% AA, and did in fact consider moving there because of that. Same with the post above "but where there are a lot of my people".
You have to know the history of Riverside. It's full of "the grand old ladies" built in the early part of the 1900's - which is old for Houston. It used to be a top neighborhood way back when and is in the middle of transitioning, in the way that the Heights transitioned. People are buying them and updating and restoring. What ever Houston's history of segregation a long time ago, it's not the same now. Riverside is mixing it up.

A very large portion of people currently living in Riverside were born there.
 
Old 01-05-2011, 01:08 PM
 
12,201 posts, read 17,562,133 times
Reputation: 3350
I've never seen Riverside on any pictures.
 
Old 01-05-2011, 01:10 PM
 
Location: Fondren SW Yo
2,783 posts, read 5,859,823 times
Reputation: 2216
Quote:
Originally Posted by 350days View Post
What is an Afro-American? An Afro is a hairstyle not an ethnic group.
Don't ask me...


Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlionjr View Post
Oh don't get me wrong, it's plenty of people in Houston that probably share your same views. But you'll be reminded of AFRO Americans everyday if you live in Houston or less "educated" hispanics.
 
Old 01-05-2011, 01:11 PM
 
12,201 posts, read 17,562,133 times
Reputation: 3350
Why didn't anyone suggest Fort Bend to the OP?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top