U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2011, 07:08 PM

72 posts, read 285,889 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by higces View Post
I am sorry if I have offended anyone, I am not even white but I didn't know that the fact that I like white neighborhoods was offensive for some people, it is not a racial thing I am not even white, but I like the way most American white families live, I am open to diversity, but I had a bad experience before because I bought a House and the neighborhood became mainly afro-american and I am sorry to say it but it became really bad.
It must be hard to be a white, when someone can not even say that he or she likes white neighborhoods =)
My apologies because I actually took offense to your initial post. BUT I can honestly say that I do agree with you 110%. No offense to anyone, but I understand exactly what your saying. I too would prefer to live in a predominantly white neighborhood. I visited Houston this past week on a quick last minute trip - oh boy I can't wait for July whopeeee! We drove around quite a bit and drove out to Richmond. This was only our second time in the area and we drove out to Pecan Grove apartments which is quite nice. I found it online and we wanted to see it in person. But the drive through Pecan Grove Plantation... well let's just say I fell totally in love with the neighborhood. Ohhhh, it was beautiful, there were people out riding bikes, removing their Christmas decorations, walking their dog - it looked soooo homie for lack of a better word. It was truly beautiful... if only I could afford to live there.... one of these days.

Old 01-05-2011, 07:19 PM

12,202 posts, read 17,569,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EasilyAmused View Post
No you don't have to be "loaded," it's pretty affordable. Compared to areas within Houston with good schools it's a bargain out there. It's a great middle management area,solid schools and community,but homes really don't exceed a million, and the few that do are having one hell of a time selling (lakeforest)

Ps- How is this thread still not locked?
I thought so!

Old 01-05-2011, 07:27 PM

18,509 posts, read 27,254,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavMeAlone View Post
Especially after your European experience description. You've seen more of Europe than any of us.
now now, I am not a tramp

Old 01-05-2011, 09:51 PM

Y'all done got quiet. Cat gotcha tongues?????? LOL!

Old 01-05-2011, 11:01 PM

674 posts, read 1,312,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M Bulldawg View Post
Wow! We, blacks, are always making something bad! Shame on us!
LMAO! I know. She says she is open minded but pretty much said in her post that blacks make neighborhoods worse! There are bad apples in every race.

Old 01-05-2011, 11:03 PM

Umm, I forgot he said that!

Old 01-06-2011, 11:08 AM

21 posts, read 64,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanteuse d' Opéra View Post
Cinco Ranch in Katy
Sweetwater in Sugar Land
The Woodlands
Memorial proper all the way up to 610 (& NOT Spring Branch/Long Point area)
River Oaks
Rice Village/West University
if anyone knows other so-called white areas, feel free to chime in!

source: educated black girl.

Thank you, I will ck on HAR
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston