Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2010, 09:44 AM

49 posts, read 103,304 times

Advertisements

Hi all..we will be moving to clearlake ,houston soon...realtor has sent us houses details in school districts 9-CLEAR CREEK....ZIP CODES 77089,77062...We have no idea how it is and which schools come in excellent range..my kids are kindergarten ages..
thankyou for any response
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2010, 09:55 AM

4,760 posts, read 13,822,318 times
When we were house hunting in Clear Lake, I was impressed with Brookwood Elementary. It is located in a gorgeous neighborhood (Pine Brook) and is rated Exemplary.

Old 12-31-2010, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
When we were house hunting in Clear Lake, I was impressed with Brookwood Elementary. It is located in a gorgeous neighborhood (Pine Brook) and is rated Exemplary.
thanx for reply..but which zip code does Brookwood elementary falls into?

Old 12-31-2010, 10:04 AM

3,842 posts, read 8,265,421 times
I don't know the elementary schools in 77062, but I don't think your children will be at any disadvantage there. It's an affluent area. I do know the middle school for that zip is directly across the street from Johnson Space Center, and the high school is one of the best in the state. Schools in 77062 in my opinion will be a lot better than 77089.

Old 12-31-2010, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielWayne View Post
I don't know the elementary schools in 77062, but I don't think your children will be at any disadvantage there. It's an affluent area. I do know the middle school for that zip is directly across the street from Johnson Space Center, and the high school is one of the best in the state. Schools in 77062 in my opinion will be a lot better than 77089.
thanx

Old 12-31-2010, 06:10 PM

543 posts, read 1,386,614 times
Brookwood Elementary is 77059. Pine Brook is ~400K. It's the best elementary of the clear lake aea.
You could also look into Brookwood community, which is about ~300K and zoned to Brookwood.
Both Pine Brook and Broodwood are older community but are extremely well kept.
You could also look into 77058 zip code, which is next to 77059.
There are Falcon Pass and Armand Bayou, which are excellent as well. Brookwood does have a slightly better reputation than Falcon Pass and Armand Bayou. What I found was it's important to find a good school that your child feel comfortable and like than the best school but doesn't fit your child. BrookForest is about ~250K.
Below is the link to the attendance zone of the Clear Creek school district.
Clear Creek Independent School District: Attendance Zones

If you have a particular address, there's a link on this site where you enter the address, it will tell you which school the house is zoned in.

Infofinder i (Clear Creek Independent School District)

If could also look into Bay Pointe, which is zoned to North Pointe, another excellent school. Houses can be find there for ~200K.
There are many, many good communities with excellent school in the area (777059, 77058 and parts of 77062). It's really depending on your budget, distance to work and what do you comfortable with.
The whole area is generally good. However, I have heard couple times that are a few kids & moms that have the 'I'm the rich' mentality in the area. I have yet run into one.

Old 12-31-2010, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNCold View Post
Brookwood Elementary is 77059. Pine Brook is ~400K. It's the best elementary of the clear lake aea.
You could also look into Brookwood community, which is about ~300K and zoned to Brookwood.
Both Pine Brook and Broodwood are older community but are extremely well kept.
You could also look into 77058 zip code, which is next to 77059.
There are Falcon Pass and Armand Bayou, which are excellent as well. Brookwood does have a slightly better reputation than Falcon Pass and Armand Bayou. What I found was it's important to find a good school that your child feel comfortable and like than the best school but doesn't fit your child. BrookForest is about ~250K.
Below is the link to the attendance zone of the Clear Creek school district.
Clear Creek Independent School District: Attendance Zones

If you have a particular address, there's a link on this site where you enter the address, it will tell you which school the house is zoned in.

Infofinder i (Clear Creek Independent School District)

If could also look into Bay Pointe, which is zoned to North Pointe, another excellent school. Houses can be find there for ~200K.
There are many, many good communities with excellent school in the area (777059, 77058 and parts of 77062). It's really depending on your budget, distance to work and what do you comfortable with.
The whole area is generally good. However, I have heard couple times that are a few kids & moms that have the 'I'm the rich' mentality in the area. I have yet run into one.

Thankyouu loads for the help as alwaysthis info is realy helpful...actually we ar given a realtor and he is finding us houses ..he finds and forward us and i found out mostly are in 77058 district or 59...but he says even in a good neighbourhood every school is not good which is kinda onfusing coz here in Mn if we are living in good neighbhourhood so schools are definetly good.
again thanx

Old 01-01-2011, 10:56 AM

543 posts, read 1,386,614 times
I agree but Houston is so spreadout and there's no zoning so good neighborhood can be right next to a bad one.
Clear Lake area (including Clear Lake city Friendswood and League city area) are generally 'good schools' and 'good neighborhood' and people are serious about school here. There are not a 'very bad' area around here so you can put your mind at ease about a bad school here. Really, you will have to visit each school so find out what you like best. Brookwood, Falcon Pass, North Pointe are excellent within CCISD. If you go with Friendswood, the schools are great as well. If you choose 77062, Clear Lake city elementary is not the best school.

See the following link for the rating of all schools within CCISD.
Clear Creek Independent School District: District: TEA Ratings

Down in League City, which is newer area, also being to CCISD, there are many excellent school. You might want to look into the new 'Education Village' in League City. It's pretty neat concept.

Old 01-04-2011, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNCold View Post
I agree but Houston is so spreadout and there's no zoning so good neighborhood can be right next to a bad one.
Clear Lake area (including Clear Lake city Friendswood and League city area) are generally 'good schools' and 'good neighborhood' and people are serious about school here. There are not a 'very bad' area around here so you can put your mind at ease about a bad school here. Really, you will have to visit each school so find out what you like best. Brookwood, Falcon Pass, North Pointe are excellent within CCISD. If you go with Friendswood, the schools are great as well. If you choose 77062, Clear Lake city elementary is not the best school.

See the following link for the rating of all schools within CCISD.
Clear Creek Independent School District: District: TEA Ratings

Down in League City, which is newer area, also being to CCISD, there are many excellent school. You might want to look into the new 'Education Village' in League City. It's pretty neat concept.
Thanx...will definetly check all schools in CCISD..i agree that once we are there i need to visit each and every facility personally to have a clear pic of it..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston