U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Unread 01-04-2011, 09:26 PM

2 posts, read 4,155 times
Default Looking for a spirit filled church near Spring tx

I have tried all the Assembly of God and the Celebration Church in the Woodlands, none of them have speaking in tongues with interpretation in their services. Are the gifts of the Spirit not allowed in Texas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 07-25-2011, 07:52 AM

1 posts, read 1,950 times
If you find one in the spring area please let me know thanks

Unread 07-25-2011, 10:15 AM

3,322 posts, read 3,932,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anniet50 View Post
I have tried all the Assembly of God and the Celebration Church in the Woodlands, none of them have speaking in tongues with interpretation in their services. Are the gifts of the Spirit not allowed in Texas?
Everything's allowed in Texas. However, most are christians here and speaking in tongues without a translator is non-christian 1 Corinthians 14:27.

Just sayin'...

Ronnie

Unread 07-25-2011, 10:23 AM

974 posts, read 836,373 times
Quote:
The gifts of the Spirit were deemed illegal by Rick Perry in the last session. Bill #438795 provides a maximum penalty for the Spirit to be held in jail for up to 90 days.

Okay now, seriously. Are you really suggesting that the (Holy) Spirit is going to be controlled or restricted by man, or controlled by a state created by man? Just a reminder; mankind and man's creations are very insignificant compared to God.

I'm not familiar with churches that speak in tongues in Texas, but I know they exist. I'd say in general though, many here don't really see that as something that is necessary to have or promote in church. Some mind even find it kind of strange or silly. Just be aware of that.

Last edited by Sunderpig; 07-25-2011 at 10:32 AM..

Unread 07-25-2011, 10:25 AM

3,322 posts, read 3,932,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunderpig View Post
The gifts of the Spirit were deemed illegal by Rick Perry in the last session. Bill #438795 provides a maximum penalty for the Spirit to be held in jail for up to 90 days.

Okay now, seriously. Ae you really suggesting that the (Holy) Spirit is going to be controlled or restricted by man, or a state created by man? Just a reminder; mankind and man's creations are very insignificant compared to God.

I'm not familiar with churches that speak in tongues in Texas, but I know they exist. I'd say in general though, many here don't really see that as something that is necessary to have or promote in church. Some mind even find it kind of strange or silly. Just be aware of that.

Pentecostal. I have no clue where to look though.

Unread 07-25-2011, 10:33 AM

3,437 posts, read 6,502,524 times
Lotta Pentecostal up in Livingston.

Unread 07-25-2011, 11:47 AM

14,539 posts, read 13,225,488 times
I've heard Pentecostals doing this, otherwise no.

Unread 07-26-2011, 06:57 AM

2 posts, read 4,155 times
I finally found a spirit-filled church in Spring, tx. It is called Spring First. It is on 2920 near I-45. It is an Assembly of God Church. They do have speaking in tongues and always with the interpretation. Thanks for all the responses.

Unread 07-26-2011, 10:57 AM

974 posts, read 836,373 times
Quote:
I finally found a spirit-filled church in Spring, tx. It is called Spring First. It is on 2920 near I-45. It is an Assembly of God Church. They do have speaking in tongues and always with the interpretation. Thanks for all the responses.
I'm glad to hear that you found a place you are happy with. I still wonder though how smart it is to let people/man "interpret" something that is supposed to be of God. I see plenty of screw ups on the part of mankind, even among Christians. I know I sure wouldn't leave spiritual interpretation to people. How would you sort out the average Joe from someone supposedly enlightened? There's no way to tell if any particular person has a chance of interpretting something "correctly". And there are so many personal agendas in churches these days. You might end up having someone interpret something filtered through what they want. Oh well...

Unread 07-13-2012, 06:10 PM

1 posts, read 1,367 times
Anniet how can one know which is the rite church? I'm new to texas came from California.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston