Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2011, 01:10 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 10,447,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post

Kal-ee-fawn-nya hasn't made you forget about this place, huh?
No it hasn't

All of my life long lessons, education, freinds and family are there. I grew up roming around all around Houston and had a lot of fun there. I'll be back next month for 8 days and I'l be roaming around Houston with my friends. I wish I could stay longer but I work!

I am now doing the same thing here in the Bay Area and it is a lot of fun! It is soooo pretty here! I am a nature lover and had always longed to live by the mountains and ocean. I have always longed to ride my motorcycle along the Pacific Highway all the way to San Diego! I have only gone as far as Monterey but when summer returns I will take a long ride down the coast. It is fun to explore California on a motorcycle.

In Houston I used to ride my motorcycle from Memorial to Galveston or downtown and through the medical center and along Macgregor where those big houses are. It is fun to explore Houston on a motorcycle as well!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2011, 01:15 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,949,941 times
awesome pictures as always.

Man Houston is awesome

Old 01-15-2011, 01:18 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 10,447,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
awesome pictures as always.

Man Houston is awesome
Houston is Awesome!

I know this will sound crazy to some but I miss really the humidity of Houston. It keeps your skin soft and youthful looking!

Old 01-15-2011, 08:55 PM

848 posts, read 2,127,556 times
Ah, the new year's fix! Those pictures keep getting better and better! Man, you always capture the good moments around H-town, the Montrose especially. I must say, I miss looking at the old LiQuiD storefront at night. But I can't wait until they put up the sushi joint where the old Felix used to be...and Agora Ka has re-opened!

Old 01-15-2011, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVC15 View Post
Houston is Awesome!

I know this will sound crazy to some but I miss really the humidity of Houston. It keeps your skin soft and youthful looking!
Amen. And my hair is more full during our summer time too!

Old 01-16-2011, 07:09 AM

15,216 posts, read 30,556,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by worldlyman View Post
I must say, I miss looking at the old LiQuiD storefront at night.

See, I'm preserving history and stuff.

Wanna see something else cool?

I doubt that artwork is still up in the beauty supply shop or whatever it is now.

Old 01-19-2011, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post

See, I'm preserving history and stuff.

Wanna see something else cool?

I doubt that artwork is still up in the beauty supply shop or whatever it is now.
Thanks for sharing that one! I miss looking at that neon signage whenever I drive in through the Montrose at night.

A beauty shop now. They could have turned that to another lounge or cool eatery...with a clear window theme...

Old 01-19-2011, 11:56 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,556,380 times
Well, one of the problems there is the limited parking with Boondocks next door. An eatery there would have very little available at night, which would probably be the best time for a business like that.

During the day, a beauty shop might draw some of the antique crowd, plus there's the barbershop across the parking lot that is mostly empty during the day. Liquid was dated beyond belief - 1998 never ended in there. But yeah, I guess it's more hip and so forth than a beauty shop.

So, uh, another round?

om nom nom nom tacos
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston