Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2011, 08:13 AM

1 posts, read 6,472 times

Advertisements

My wife and 2 kids (13 and 2) are relocating to Houston this summer. We are considering Pine Mill Ranch, Bridgeland or Cinco Ranch. We both like Bridgeland community aesthetics but worried about Fry Rd area and the schools. I like Pine Mill Ranch for the value and Westin Homes floor plans. My wife is set on Cinco Ranch due to the overall area and activities. Any pro's or con's?

We are looking in the 200 to 250 range.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2011, 09:01 AM

9,053 posts, read 17,107,745 times
Bridgeland is beautiful. Schools are good and area is fine. It will have lots of amenites and several are already in place. The issue there is the 290 commute to Downtown, if that's where you work (or anywhere that is going to require 290 in rush hour, for any real distance).

Cinco is also very nice, good schools and amenities. Stay a little distance above the toll road, not just a few blocks. A better choice if you need a freeway to get to work.

Pine Mill Ranch is out there. Not a lot very nearby. Again, job location is key - since it's out further west than Cinco.
Where is job location?

Old 01-14-2011, 10:16 AM

295 posts, read 1,165,117 times
chery,

we are also looking for a new construction house. what can you say about cardiff ranch? the worry i have is it's a small community. there maybe not much amenities.

if you were in my shoes between westheimer lakes north and cardiff ranch which would you choose? and why?

our choices are limited coz we prefer westin homes and also katy location.

thanks,

Old 01-14-2011, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud2bPinoy View Post
chery,

we are also looking for a new construction house. what can you say about cardiff ranch? the worry i have is it's a small community. there maybe not much amenities.

if you were in my shoes between westheimer lakes north and cardiff ranch which would you choose? and why?

our choices are limited coz we prefer westin homes and also katy location.

thanks,
I PMed you.

Old 01-14-2011, 12:44 PM

75 posts, read 209,248 times
Cinco, hands down. You can't beat all the amenities, especially if you have kids!! Our realtor tried to tell us this when we moved to Katy. Of course we didn't listen and ended up in Seven Meadows, which is really nice but if you have kids and need to keep them entertained during the summer it sure is nice to have your pick from several nice pools, IMO. Good luck!

Old 01-14-2011, 12:49 PM

28 posts, read 91,617 times
Pine Mill Ranch backs up to Cinco Ranch. It's really not out there that far. I would say really "out there" is Cross Creek Ranch. Be sure to look at the Perry homes website. They build in Pine Mill and Cinco and they have great service after you buy.

Old 01-15-2011, 01:05 PM

2,639 posts, read 8,245,070 times
cinco and they are all pretty far out there

Old 01-17-2011, 07:49 AM

160 posts, read 395,736 times
Not sure how you can state Cross Creek Ranch is way out there as compared to Cinco Ranch or Pine Mill Ranch if you want new construction. It is currently less than 2 miles from the Cinco Ranch models to the new entrance of Cross Creek Ranch. As we speak Cinco is extending Cinco Ranch Boulevard to FM 1463. FM 1463 is the common boundary of Cinco Ranch and Cross Creek Ranch.

Old 01-17-2011, 09:40 AM

5,429 posts, read 14,773,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pc50 View Post
Not sure how you can state Cross Creek Ranch is way out there as compared to Cinco Ranch or Pine Mill Ranch if you want new construction. It is currently less than 2 miles from the Cinco Ranch models to the new entrance of Cross Creek Ranch. As we speak Cinco is extending Cinco Ranch Boulevard to FM 1463. FM 1463 is the common boundary of Cinco Ranch and Cross Creek Ranch.
I always had the impression Cinco Ranch was centered at the Grand Pkwy and Cinco Ranch Blvd. And having started inside of the Grand Pkwy.

I think to a lot of people, even in many of the 'burbs, almost anything out past the Grand Pkwy is "out there." Though I know in Sugar Land the Grand Pkwy actually veers inward so is closer in as compared to the west side/Katy. In distance from suburb to center of town (downtown Houston), Cross Creek is further out than many other MPCs, even some new construction ones.

The comment on Cross Creek was probably also made because there's not much commercial development out there yet.

Old 01-17-2011, 10:40 AM

Cinco is very large. If you choose to live on the eastern part - as opposed to the western boundary - that is a big difference.

And, yeah, there's no supporting commercial for Cross Creek - you drive aways to get milk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston