Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 07:36 AM

4,900 posts, read 13,734,008 times

Advertisements

What is your price range for a rental? Typically only the cheapest places would not include a refrigerator, most places that do not have an in-unit washer and dryer will have a laundry mat on the complex for residents. Most apartments do not include any furniture, furnished apartments are their own category. There is a place called Aarons that you can rent furniture from by the month or you can pick up cheap furniture from Ikea just to get started.

You can check autotrader.com and carmax websites to get an idea of what a vehicle would cost you.

Last edited by chris_ut; 01-17-2011 at 08:12 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2011, 02:19 PM

2,465 posts, read 5,791,310 times
OK stop tears and get to work Your best bet as I described you before is to get some local help from your comunity here in Houston. The advantage is that they speak your language and they're locals here in Houston.

I've done some digging in your behalf and found a local community who may be able to help through this relocation process. They're the
Houston-Baku Sister City Association http://www.houstonbaku.com

I also have a direct contact phone number and name that I will share privately with you. I will PM you separately with that information. Please contact them right away and I am sure they will help you.

Best luck to you mate....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namigue View Post
Oh Guys... I'm so happy thath so kind people are there in Houston.. )) Thanx.. REally thanks for all you do. I'm moved. Can't stop tears.. ))))

That idea with post box is great, I think I'll use that..

The nex questions:

I have some spare money in Azerbaijan Bank. Do I have to take cash with me or I can easily cash them there in Houston?

Also I've got Local driving license.. How can I know if it apllicable there or not?

Grunn, thanks for appreciating my englishm I try to improve that all time. Do you think my language knowledge will be enough to work?

Thanks.

Old 01-18-2011, 05:13 AM

13 posts, read 17,485 times
..and what about question anout cash in the post#t7?

Old 01-18-2011, 06:44 AM

I doubt if anyone here has experience moving money out of Azer banks, best to contact the group above.

Old 01-18-2011, 07:35 AM

13 posts, read 17,485 times
Ethanw, Thanks for connecting me. I've sent an sms to him. No reply yet. You told that there is a guy working with you who is form my country?

Chris, what group u r talking about? I mean for transferring money.

Old 01-18-2011, 08:17 AM

I rather call the number directly instead using SMS. I got this number from someone at work who knows someone who knows someone. Just call the number and be mindful of the time difference.

Quote:
Ethanw, Thanks for connecting me. I've sent an sms to him. No reply yet. You told that there is a guy working with you who is form my country?

Chris, what group u r talking about? I mean for transferring money.

Old 01-18-2011, 09:57 AM

567 posts, read 1,622,134 times
I think there is a limit (per customs) on amout of cash you can bring to the US. $10K comes to my mind, but you would need to check. Look at CBP.gov - home page

Old 01-18-2011, 12:19 PM

10k is how much you can bring without declaring it, over 10k you have to let them know and provide some documentation about where the money came from. It is always risky to carry large sums of cash because the police can simply seize it and claim it may be drug money with no proof and the money goes into their budget.

Old 01-18-2011, 12:23 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,919,735 times
Quote:
..and what about question anout cash in the post#t7?
I would see if they can do a wire transfer to a bank in the US once you find one.

Old 01-18-2011, 12:49 PM

Open an account with HSBC bank in Baku, get the credit card and you good to go. HSBC does have offices in Houston as well so you don't need to bring money. Your money will be in the HSBC bank accesible from anywhere in the world. I used HSBC between Hong Kong and Houston when I used to live in Hong Kong

HSBC - British Bank
The Landmark Plaza, 96 Nizami Street
Tel: 97-08-08
Fax: 97-17-30
e-mail: bbme@bbme.baku.az
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: