U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Merry Christmas!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2011, 02:10 PM

2 posts, read 3,391 times

Advertisements

I am considering to relocate to Pearland, can anyone tell me which part of Pearland is better (safety, schools, shopping etc)? West or East of 35?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2011, 06:32 PM

4 posts, read 4,797 times
the west end is more congested with new construction and commercial buildings, but more modern. the east end of Pearland is the older Pearland, but more established neighborhoods. there is some modern homes at Pearland PKwy, so you have some choices

Old 01-27-2011, 08:27 PM

6,635 posts, read 9,821,607 times
Opening a can of worms .... people who love the west side hate the east side and vice versa. Drive through and decide for yourself which appeals to you the most...both are nice.

Old 01-28-2011, 08:46 AM

2,243 posts, read 4,813,762 times
East!!!!

Old 01-28-2011, 08:48 AM

295 posts, read 736,520 times
west = landfill?

Old 01-28-2011, 09:41 AM

207 posts, read 315,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud2bPinoy View Post
west = landfill?
Try Angleton, Clute, or Freeport City? These towns are in Brazoria County too.

Old 01-28-2011, 02:39 PM

55 posts, read 90,079 times
go east..

Old 01-28-2011, 03:45 PM

396 posts, read 906,910 times
West!

Old 01-28-2011, 07:28 PM

6,635 posts, read 9,821,607 times
I'm for East

Old 01-28-2011, 07:49 PM

10,285 posts, read 7,811,911 times
I think in reality, you will find nice safe neighborhoods on either side of town. We live west and love the schools. My grandchildren go to Massey Ranch Elementary and it is the only IB school in Pearland. We feel very safe here, but we are not near the apartments on 288 where we would feel less safe. Our subdivision is designed so that access is somewhat limited and that makes it safer, imo, even though it is not a gated community. It is more crowded here, but it is also better in terms of shopping. We have the Pearland Town Center, the Silverlake Shopping Center, the Crossing Shopping Center all within a small area. Barnes and Noble is on this side of town in Pearland Town Center. So is Macy and Dillard as well as the locally owned Learning Express Toys. JC Penney, Panera Bread, Half Price Books, Old Navy and many other stores are in the Crossing on this end of town. Office Depot, Target, Marshall's and Randall's are in the Silverlake Shopping Center on the west. If you like movies, Cinemax is in the Silverlake Shopping Center though I think there is a movie theater east as well.

OTOH, the library is on the east side of town right now (we are trying to get a library on the west side, but money is tight, so it will probably be several years before that happens). On the East side, you are closer to the New Natatorium and the library and the YMCA. You will also find a bit more open space. Rustic Oaks is a nice school on that side of town and there are places that have horses over there. I would not feel safe too close to 35, just as I would not feel safe too close to 288. Major roads with access to those areas of town are more likely to have crime. The School Board Meets on the east side of town as does the City Council. The Chamber of Commerce offices are on the east side as well. I don't know much about the other schools on the east side as we have always been west. Friendswood is east of Pearland and you may want to consider that area as well.

I think you should probably come through the area and look around to see what fits your preferences.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston