U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2011, 05:08 PM

5,098 posts, read 4,437,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DANNYY View Post
You're not hating, but opening a can of worms instead with it. Haha.

It's mean dude. It's really inhumane to come into a thread and go like "well i think the Hispanic population has to thank the Illegal Immigrants in the city" that's just messed up man. I'm saying that as someone whose been against illegal immigration but for human rights.

Most of those people come here, they make a family, they live normal lives, they didn't harm anyone. But people out there still want to come in and treat them like 2nd class humans, and that is utterly despicable, I don't care what the reason is, its just low.

Yes, I would like to stop talking about illegal immigration. I think we're more mature than that and can have a progressive conversation without that possibility. It's no secret that Houston has like probably the 3rd largest illegal immigrant population in the United States after only Los Angeles & Miami, but its still rude to profile people in such a manner either way. In my opinion it is at least.
Do you work, DANNY? I only ask because I wonder how supportive you'd be of illegals if they were raising your taxes? Illegals drain the resources that are supposed to be set aside for Americans.

NOW we're really off topic, so I'll stop.

Old 01-30-2011, 05:11 PM

18,516 posts, read 15,523,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knax View Post
You know what low is? Defending criminals and giving a **** about legal immigrants. THAT is despicable. But you don't know ant better. You were probably born here and never had to deal with immigration. You don't know what you are talking about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
I was shocked by those Italian numbers as well. As far as illegal immigration...BOO!

I'm all for diversity, but the hispanic population growth happening in Texas is unnatural and I don't like it. Call me racist or prejudice, but I like balance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M Bulldawg View Post
I really agree with you, and I'm prejudice either. I feel like the government should treat everyone equally, so these Hispanics will stop coming here illegally. Everyone deserves a right to have a great life, so I feel like it's not fair that some Hispanics have to come here illegally; the government should be fair to everyone.

kinda agree with you three, it is a slap in the face to those who did it the legal way.

I mean what was the point in paying all the fees and doing the time when you can just saunter across and demand amnesty.

Old 01-30-2011, 05:16 PM

10,178 posts, read 10,148,614 times
Let's get back on topic.

Old 01-30-2011, 06:39 PM

13,350 posts, read 14,208,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlGreen View Post
The government will crack down on II eventually; probably not in our lifetime, but eventually.
They will most likely not crack down on that and I don't want to go into that in this thread. But Houston has over 2 million Latino's and are the fastest growing demographic in the metro area. They will become the largest group in the Houston area sometime this decade. Nothing we can do about it but sit there and watch the city changes. Besides, I believe the vast majority of Houston's Latino's are legal.

Old 01-30-2011, 06:50 PM

5,098 posts, read 4,437,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
I believe the vast majority of Houston's Latino's are legal.
Lol! If you want to, brotha man.

Old 01-30-2011, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Well agree to disagree. But the point is that Houston is a heavily Latino city and it's going to become even more of that which will add to it's diversity and the atmosphere of the city in the future. You either embrace it or shun it. But you can't escape it if you are wanting to live in the Houston area.

Old 01-30-2011, 07:07 PM

15,831 posts, read 19,117,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
Well agree to disagree. But the point is that Houston is a heavily Latino city and it's going to become even more of that which will add to it's diversity and the atmosphere of the city in the future. You either embrace it or shun it. But you can't escape it if you are wanting to live in the Houston area.
Being majority Mexican is not diversity......

Old 01-30-2011, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knax View Post
You're contradicting yourself. Unless you call 70% Latino "diverse".
How is contradictory unless you are reading to much into it. I would call Los Angeles a heavily Latino city. It's one of the largest Spanish speaking cities in the world. Yet, it is still a very diverse city. Same with New York and Miami.

Quote:
Being majority Mexican is not diversity......
Houston is beginning to become an attraction to people from Colombia and Venezuela. It is also becoming an attraction to people in Central America outside EL Salvador. I believe Houston has the 3rd largest Salvadoran population in the country behind LA and DC. But yes, Mexicans will be the overwhelming Latino group in Houston. Just like Cuban will be for Miami.

Old 01-30-2011, 07:16 PM

7,143 posts, read 7,466,081 times
Here's what shocks me:

Paraguayan: 0

You mean to tell me we do not have even 1 person here from Paraguay? Well, let's go get one and make them move here. We can't call ourselves diversified until that.

Old 01-30-2011, 07:23 PM

8,910 posts, read 8,198,876 times
Quote:
So, out of 1.9 million Hispanics in the Houston area, you think the majority of those are illegal? LMAO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston