U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-04-2011, 02:48 PM

611 posts, read 1,083,734 times
Default OMG! Car Wash open today (Blizzard weather)

I thought I've seen it all. Looking at Channel 13 news and a car wash in River Oaks was open today.
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2011, 03:05 PM

1,408 posts, read 2,269,512 times
It's actually going to be a nice sunny weekend, not a bad idea to get the car washed today. Hubby is thinking of washing the car right now.

Old 02-04-2011, 03:30 PM

4,152 posts, read 5,742,034 times
Why today though? Seems rather dumb to wash the car in such cold weather. Unless of course he's just completely bored hanging around the wife.

Old 02-04-2011, 03:58 PM

2,250 posts, read 3,038,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdouglas View Post
I thought I've seen it all. Looking at Channel 13 news and a car wash in River Oaks was open today.
Wow! I wanted to have my car detailed, but I started to wonder about the people who are out there handling the wet rags. That was if the place was even open. I know how my hands felt after running the water hose in 30 degree weather. I think I will wait until it warms up.

Old 02-04-2011, 03:58 PM
Status: "Ready to help you find a house!" (set 27 days ago)

1,730 posts, read 3,144,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danieloneil01 View Post
Why today though? Seems rather dumb to wash the car in such cold weather. Unless of course he's just completely bored hanging around the wife.
Because opening a business takes a whole business plan, with deadlines, and opening dates. I'm sure when they chose 2/4/11 to open their business, it was a long time ago and they were thinking: it's friday - great time to open for the weekend business. Not, it's 25 degrees this weekend with a freak ice storm to hit the area.

Yes, they could post pone their opening date...but,

it caught your attention, didn't it?!

Old 02-04-2011, 05:27 PM

1,408 posts, read 2,269,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danieloneil01 View Post
lol We have a long day tomorrow and he hates driving around in a dirty car. So either today or tomorrow super early. He usually takes it to a hand car wash, but thought all might be closed. He didn't after all, and will probably get up extra early to do that.

DanielWayne: I doubt that the people working at the car washes get paid for days off. It's probably better for them to have cold hands and get paid, as opposed to having warm hands and not being paid.

Old 02-04-2011, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielWayne View Post
Wow! I wanted to have my car detailed, but I started to wonder about the people who are out there handling the wet rags. That was if the place was even open. I know how my hands felt after running the water hose in 30 degree weather. I think I will wait until it warms up.
Exactly. I saw this as an opportunisticv move by the boss. Washing a car in this weather is not essential.

Old 02-04-2011, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhafer View Post
Because opening a business takes a whole business plan, with deadlines, and opening dates. I'm sure when they chose 2/4/11 to open their business, it was a long time ago and they were thinking: it's friday - great time to open for the weekend business. Not, it's 25 degrees this weekend with a freak ice storm to hit the area.

This was not an openiung date or grand opening. Just a regular day of work.

Old 02-04-2011, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Love View Post
lol We have a long day tomorrow and he hates driving around in a dirty car. So either today or tomorrow super early. He usually takes it to a hand car wash, but thought all might be closed. He didn't after all, and will probably get up extra early to do that.

DanielWayne: I doubt that the people working at the car washes get paid for days off. It's probably better for them to have cold hands and get paid, as opposed to having warm hands and not being paid.
DanielWayne: I agree with you. When these folks are washing cars in the River Oaks area and get ill, I'm sure the car wash owner does not have health insurance for their workers.

Old 02-04-2011, 11:20 PM

4,152 posts, read 5,742,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhafer View Post

:facepalm:

I'm not talking about Jose or Jesus working the towel on the car for Quiki Car Wash. And most places that clean cars are closed in bad weather. Yeah mind blowing isn't it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston