Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2011, 12:10 AM

46 posts, read 42,904 times

Advertisements

southern california, aside from los angeles, has one power company. things are easy and they are reputable...the way texas does it is asinine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2011, 12:22 AM

9,053 posts, read 17,111,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blawp View Post
southern california, aside from los angeles, has one power company. things are easy and they are reputable...the way texas does it is asinine.
We just can't be as wonderful as California. I, for one, am clueless as to why so many of them are moving here - when you take into account the utopia it is.

Old 03-11-2011, 12:25 AM

i moved to houston and moved back...

moving to houston was the worst decision i ever made...

i see a lot of newcomers in california...far more than in houston. i rarely saw californians when i lived in houston...people didn't treat me very well there either...

...i wish people in houston were smarter too...far too much racism and cost cutting...

not many people move to houston from california...as they do from say...michigan...

Old 03-11-2011, 12:31 AM

Quote:
i moved to houston and moved back...

moving to houston was the worst decision i ever made...

i see a lot of newcomers in california...far more than in houston. i rarely saw californians when i lived in houston...people didn't treat me very well there either...

...i wish people in houston were smarter too...far too much racism and cost cutting...
And yet...people comment on how friendly we are all of the time. I am wondering how friendly you were when you were here - or did you spend your time complaining and wondering why people didn't like you?

Long story short - you have to be open to friendliness to get it back.

Yeah, we are so dumb - not to recognize your superiorness.

Racism? Most never see it here. Hmmmm.....

I am not sure - were you trying to slap people from Michigan? Seems that way.

Old 03-11-2011, 12:33 AM

i told people that i was from california and they immediately said something demeaning...

i'm not going to treat people well who make that first impression with me...

you are a disappointing person...

i hope you sell very few houses and find a more socially fulfilling career...

Old 03-11-2011, 12:35 AM

Quote:
i told people that i was from california and they immediately said something demeaning...

i'm not going to treat people well who make that first impression with me...

you are a disappointing person...

i hope you sell very few houses and find a more socially fulfilling career...
I do fine. My clients are nice people. Never heard any of them complain about Houston mistreatment. I repeat, they are nice people.

Old 03-11-2011, 12:39 AM

when your clients are from california do you berate them?

that seemed to be standard behavior...

Old 03-11-2011, 12:42 AM

Quote:
when your clients are from california you probably berate them...
Only when they behave like yourself.

Why ARE you so unhappy that you have to go on the Houston forum to bash the city?

Old 03-11-2011, 12:43 AM

i just wish houstonians would hold themselves to higher standards...

the whole city is full of blight...

more government regulation is essential to enrich the aesthetics of the city...otherwise it will look like junk forever and always.

Old 03-11-2011, 05:16 AM

587 posts, read 1,129,600 times
Quote:
i just wish houstonians would hold themselves to higher standards...

the whole city is full of blight...

more government regulation is essential to enrich the aesthetics of the city...otherwise it will look like junk forever and always.
sorry your experience of Houston wasnt as good as it should have been...I just returned from that dump called Florida(south Florida), so I know how good we have it in Houston...

hopefully, now that you are back in soCal or NoCal, or whatever part of Cali you call home, you will engage yourself in cali type issues like illegial immigration, medical marijuana, gay marriage, and the $24 Billion dollar deficit that Cali finds itself

btw...there is a tsunami warning for California and the entire west coast right now due the earthquake in Japan....head for higher ground buddy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: