U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2009, 12:55 PM

11,389 posts, read 17,464,870 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by imakingtx View Post
So again I ask, when do you move? My sister's kid is well educated, high grades, yet gets offered drugs every single day. The violence around that culture as they battle for turf. When do YOU say enough is enough. How many of your children will be a statistic before YOU do something about it? Just give me a number.
That's funny, I went to school in a district that makes Humble ISD look downright perfect and I wasn't even offered drugs every day.

All you're doing by moving though is creating new turf for the drug trade, which will exist until drugs are legalized. Where there's a demand, there's a market. And all they'll have to do is bring it over from wherever you just fled.

Hell, some of the kids who are the first to move out to the new place will be the first ones to bring dope there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2009, 01:12 PM

13 posts, read 36,808 times
So are you saying that we should legalize drugs for children? Alcohol is legal and we have a problem with that as well. Getting away from people with your mindset, the ones who have given up, that's what we need to do. But you know, you keep following us. And everywhere you go, it gets bad, and you wonder why. You don't have far to look. I've seen people like you before in the streets raising tommorrow's criminals. Maybe you weren't offered drugs every day because they thought you already had your own. Just do us all a favor and stay where you are.

Old 04-26-2009, 01:23 PM

I shake my bong in anger at this shenanigans.

...oh snap, I spilled it.

Old 04-26-2009, 01:36 PM

Keep this in mind, what you are doing today that you find so funny and amusing will not be nearly as funny and amusing when your kids are doing it to you, and believe me, they will!!!

Old 04-26-2009, 01:41 PM

8,950 posts, read 15,435,564 times
Quote:
If it is just a comforting illusion, then why don't you enroll your children in an inner city school that is known for its problems. What do you propose we do? Maybe just give up and give them the drugs ourselves right? And the HUGE drug problem at TWHS, was it kids with parents who watched their kids like a hawk, or was it the "unsheltered" kids that were the cause of the problem?
the sheltered ones. They blew cars up too,smashed windows and punctured tires, pipe bomb creating, and burned playgrounds...

Heck, at my sheltered all girls private high school they snorted coke in the bathrooms. Sheltered is just as bad as unsheltered kids. Bad ones will be bad ones no matter where they live. You're livng in false comfort if you think a Master Planned Community will only churn out "good citizens."

Old 04-26-2009, 01:48 PM

I'm not talking about little Timmy whose mom thinks he is an angel and does nothing wrong. If you had time to blow up cars and burn playgrounds then you weren't too sheltered now were you? Maybe you don't get it because you don't have it. I'm talking about parents who really care. I take my son's fishing, hunting, skiing, and camping. We do things as a family. I don't depend on someone else to raise my kids. I always have something for us to do. Sometimes fun, sometimes productive, sometimes both. I feel sorry for you if you did not have that. I know I didn't. That's why I make sure my kids do!

Old 04-26-2009, 01:51 PM

8,950 posts, read 15,435,564 times
um, I had caring parents and then some.I'm not involved in this equation. I didn't grow up in The Woodlands, I observed it as an adult. I grew up in the CITY OF HOUSTON.
I think those (woodlands) parents were very involved in their lives. They all specifically moved to that neighborhood to "provide them with everything they never had." The "mommies" stay at home and run amuck in valour sweatsuits all day fretting about Timmy's science project, some of them half high on XANAX..which the kids get a hold of and TADA, sell it at school.

Leaving the city and urban schools isn't going to protect your kids alone... it's there just as much as here. So on that thought, what you are basically saying is the same thing we are:

It doesn't matter where you live or what school you have, it's the parenting.

I think that pretty much ends the conversation.

Last edited by EasilyAmused; 04-26-2009 at 02:02 PM..

Old 04-26-2009, 01:51 PM

Quote:
I'm not talking about little Timmy whose mom thinks he is an angel and does nothing wrong. If you had time to blow up cars and burn playgrounds then you weren't too sheltered now were you? Maybe you don't get it because you don't have it. I'm talking about parents who really care. I take my son's fishing, hunting, skiing, and camping. We do things as a family. I don't depend on someone else to raise my kids. I always have something for us to do. Sometimes fun, sometimes productive, sometimes both. I feel sorry for you if you did not have that. I know I didn't. That's why I make sure my kids do!
So what are they doing that's productive while you're on the Internet on a beautiful Sunday afternoon making rather hilarious statements about me? You're the one who's amusing me here, by the way, not the subject at hand necessarily.

Old 04-26-2009, 01:52 PM

They are off shopping with their mother. Yeah, I'm very amusing aren't I. Print this out and read it on your kids 16th BD and see if you still find me so amusing. Man do I wish I was 27 again and knew everything and just had life by the nads. Yeah I remember it well. It was right before life turned around and bit the living crap out of me for holding it's nads. Maybe you'll wake up someday from your cockiness and realize you have no clue what's going on. Everyone I ever talked to when I was young said it would happen to me. I didn't believe them. By the time I figured it out, it was too late. After 3 years in the streets, and all but 2 of my friends getting killed for this or that, I changed my attitude a bit. But you know, some people you just can't help. Good luck my friend, you'll need it.

Last edited by imakingtx; 04-26-2009 at 02:11 PM..

Old 04-26-2009, 01:55 PM

Quote:
They are off shopping with their mother
Well, I hope nobody offers them drugs.

"Why don't you tell them to just say no?" </nancyreaganvoice>

YouTube - Cartoon All Stars (Completo)

Here, show them this when they get back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston