Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 09:49 PM

912 posts, read 2,545,797 times

Advertisements

Why on earth an American citizen is interested in this crap escapes me. I feel privileged to live in your country at times like this because I don't have this stuffed down my throat (I'm British by birth)

Best thing you people ever did was get rid of your colonial masters. I honestly lament the fact that spirit doesn't seem to exist any more. Otherwise I might be interested in contributing to your society.

Sadly I think that opportunity is long gone and I'd do better moving to China (next move for me BTW)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2011, 10:01 PM

1,211 posts, read 3,538,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grunn View Post
(I'm British by birth)

Best thing you people ever did was get rid of your colonial masters.
Actually, the best thing we people did was fluorinate our water...if you know what I mean. ....

Old 04-30-2011, 01:10 AM

12,059 posts, read 13,779,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glorplaxy View Post
You people need hobbies.
You mean like posting on internet forums?

Old 04-30-2011, 01:17 AM

12,059 posts, read 13,779,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grunn View Post
Why on earth an American citizen is interested in this crap escapes me. I feel privileged to live in your country at times like this because I don't have this stuffed down my throat (I'm British by birth)

Best thing you people ever did was get rid of your colonial masters. I honestly lament the fact that spirit doesn't seem to exist any more. Otherwise I might be interested in contributing to your society.

Sadly I think that opportunity is long gone and I'd do better moving to China (next move for me BTW)
I watched some snippets of the wedding - I was actually working during the wedding and when I finished, sleeping was all I was concerned about.

Part of me was interested as a curiosity but the other part of me thought how glad I am that we did away with such non-sense.

You'll be worse off in China as the people have no voice there. But you probably can stowe away some cash working there.

Old 04-30-2011, 02:09 AM

12,671 posts, read 23,714,927 times
Why is this wedding so hyped?

People get married all the time though. What is so special about this one?

Old 04-30-2011, 11:11 AM

12,733 posts, read 21,629,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas User View Post

Exactly. I'd been aware of the wedding since last week.

Old 04-30-2011, 01:05 PM

3,842 posts, read 8,217,690 times
With all the excessive attention, I'm surprised they didn't make action figures of the royal couple. Oh wait...

Old 05-01-2011, 01:16 AM
NTT

723 posts, read 1,824,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas User View Post

1) This is a Royal Wedding.
2) It is televised, readily available to watch.
3) We're watching it because the world is.
4) We're watching it for the purpose of fashions and beauties.
5) It's a woman thing. We love colorful events.
6) We love the fairy tale story of Cinderella when we were little, and now that we're grown, we love to see similar real life story.
7) And in my case.... I just love to learn their culture and traditions. After all, how many of us really lived under a monarchy country. This is a fascinating world. When I get a chance to learn a culture and their lives, I embrace it.

Old 05-01-2011, 12:54 PM

54 posts, read 205,383 times
I enjoyed it very much! In my day, that is pretty much how little girls imagined a princess wedding to look!
As for all the media attention given outside of the British Commonwealth countries, we have to blame human nature and our curiosity of how others do things. Let's not forget the "Charlie Sheen' daily coverage not too long ago, also Mel Gibson, Lindsay Lohan news coverage etc etc.
Spanish and Danish royalty are widely covered by media in their own countries by their own media, and somewhat by European followers. As for Saudi Arabian and African royalty I don't know very much as our US media, for whatever reason doesn't alot much time or space to them!

Old 05-01-2011, 05:29 PM

9,053 posts, read 17,111,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rugby View Post
As for all the media attention given outside of the British Commonwealth countries, we have to blame human nature and our curiosity of how others do things. Let's not forget the "Charlie Sheen' daily coverage not too long ago, also Mel Gibson, Lindsay Lohan news coverage etc etc.
Well, if you put it that way - I would rather hear about the wedding and forgo all the attention the media slathers on the Lohans and Sheens of the world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: