Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2011, 11:10 PM

2 posts, read 7,846 times

Advertisements

We are contemplating between buying a house in Firethorne (high school is katy high) or southwest cinco (high school is seven lakes). How do the 2 communities compare & what about the corresponding high schools? any experiences - good or bad on the schools? is the firethorne community expected to grow like cinco too?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2011, 11:24 PM

9,053 posts, read 17,110,096 times
There is an almost identical thread on this right now. Bandicoot gave an excellent comparison.

Old 02-24-2011, 07:38 AM

504 posts, read 1,142,185 times
Our family just went through this decision process.

Firethorne:
More house and land for the money
Easier access to I10 via 1463 plus as they build Cinco Ranch Blvd and Fry out it will provide nice access to Cinco
Very little amenities right now (they are building a new gas station at the corner of S. Firethorne).
Closer to Katy Mills

Cinco SW:
More expensive house and taxes
More established although Target/HEB/Home Depot are still at least 5 miles from the neighborhood. More restaurants for now, but that won't be a huge advantage in the next few years as Firethorne develops more. Having easy access to the stores south of 1093 on 99 is nice.
Access to gas stations is easier but still no drug stores around for quick trips
Access to I10 takes at least 10-15 minutes depending on traffic
Access to Westpark tollway is easier

I feel that Cinco has the advantage in regards to schooling. Crime is low for both areas.

In the end we chose Cinco.

Old 02-24-2011, 11:48 AM

160 posts, read 395,844 times
I know Cross Creek (Seven Lakes High School) was not on your list but I think it is a great alternative to both.

It is a little more expensive than Firethorne but less than Cinco. The neighborhood layout is better in Cross Creek than both Cinco and Firethorne. The lots are bigger in Cross Creek than both Firethorne and Cinco. The amenity package is much better in Cross Creek than Firethorne and the quality of the amenities are as good as Cinco, just not as many amenities yet since it is relatively new. Cross Creek has a lot of open space and miles of trails. For me, I think getting in early in Cross Creek is a good based on the upside potential of the Community once Cinco finishes up in the next few years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: