Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 08:14 AM

39 posts, read 106,196 times

Advertisements

Hi, new to this board..(so be kind to me) and another person relocating to Houston in July from the northeast although I am a Texan. We are trying to narrow down our areas and have narrowed them down to either, Spring, The Woodlands, or Kingwood. We have three kids who will be going to middle school and elementary.

My middle schooler plays Lacrosse and we hope to help ease her in to a new city to be able to have her continue her sport. It is always harder on the kids at her age than the younder ones.

I am wondering if any other memebers here have kids in this sport and what kind of programs are offered in the schools or are all the leagues on a private level.

Also, I am leaning toward the Springs area...can anyone please tell me what areas are really good...my price range is $220-280K

Thank you in advance for any information on leagues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2011, 12:48 PM

9,273 posts, read 26,486,142 times
eh, lacrosse is more of a private school sport in Houston. Memorial HS has an offical school team. Stratford has a club team open to anyone starting from about 6th all the way to 12th grade.

Home Page

All the in city privates have a pretty competitive league.

John Cooper, in The Woodlands, has one. But they are always bussing into the city for games for almost every sport.

You would probably have to research for Lacrosse Clubs in whatever area you land it. Sometimes they get a game with a private school...but um, yeah they don't do too well against them.

Old 03-15-2011, 01:46 PM

145 posts, read 382,783 times
There is a youth lacrosse club in Sugar Land/Missouri City called the Fort Bend Rangers. Their website lists similar clubs in other areas like Clear Lake, Friendswood, and West Houston.

Old 03-19-2011, 07:28 PM

Thank you for your replies. I am trying to do research. It looks like some of the HS do have some teams bit I am also looking for a city or travel league. Anyone else? It is the fastest growing sport right now so I do hope participation picks up here since we are moving. Again thanks

Old 03-20-2011, 07:29 AM

407 posts, read 1,735,773 times
Here's info about Lacrosse in the Cy-Fair area:
Cy-Fair Lacrosse

Old 03-20-2011, 05:18 PM

4,030 posts, read 10,759,064 times
My nephew who is in late elementary school (will start middle school in the fall) in Spring Branch plays. I think there was a club team in the Katy/West Houston area a few years ago when my son was in high school in that area. It's starting to become a much more popular sport in this part of the world.

Old 03-20-2011, 05:49 PM

4 posts, read 13,084 times
Kingwood has an excellent youth lacrosse program and a great high school team.

Old 03-21-2011, 11:13 AM

3 posts, read 6,863 times
In the Spring area...
Klein Lacrosse is one of the best clubs in Houston and you can earn a Klein varsity jacket even though it's not a high school sport. (I don't think any of public high schools have lacrosse as a UIL sport) The Woodlands also has a strong club.
Be warned though...Klein and the Woodlands have very competitive kids and parents. Be prepared to spent money on privates.
I'm from Syracuse and I am surprised at how new lacrosse is to the area.

Glennloch is the best neighborhood within the Klein district. Newest and best elementary schools. new middle school.

Old 03-21-2011, 03:32 PM

4 posts, read 13,084 times
Yeah the rivalries are intense here. When I still played a few years back the kingwood vs woodlands games always ended up in fights.

Old 03-23-2011, 09:40 AM

Thanks everyone...Yes, I am well aware how competitive Lacrosse is (I am living in NJ right now) they start playing in first grade up here....yes you read correct...first grade.
I am thinking we may rent for a yr and then purchase. Can you please tell me what zip codes Glennloch is and which high school. I have been looking at Champions area as well but not sure which areas to focus on and which to avoid. I don't want the kids to change schools once we are there.

I will be working near IAH and want to stay west of I-45. Thanks so much an d I will check out Klein Lacrosse and the Woodlands Lacrosse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston