U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-18-2011, 11:09 AM

14 posts, read 10,097 times
Question Where to find French wedding hat for guests in Houston? or Derby Hat, or Church Hat?

I am attending a French wedding in France in June, and the tradition is for close guests to wear fancy and large hats to the wedding. They are similar to Derby hats but often less of a bill, or similar to church hats but not typically in shiny fabrics.

Does anyone know where I can buy these in person in Houston? I'd likie to try on different styles.

Thanks!

Last edited by LiveitLoveit; 03-18-2011 at 11:10 AM.. Reason: typo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2011, 05:53 PM

482 posts, read 456,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveitLoveit View Post
I am attending a French wedding in France in June, and the tradition is for close guests to wear fancy and large hats to the wedding. They are similar to Derby hats but often less of a bill, or similar to church hats but not typically in shiny fabrics.

Does anyone know where I can buy these in person in Houston? I'd likie to try on different styles.

Thanks!
Older, mature women wedding guests in England often wear big fancy hats -- are you absolutely, positively certain this is a current fashion requirement in France as well?

Across the Atlantic, chic women of all ages -- including the Duchess of Cornwall and Kate Middleton -- now wear "fascinator" hats to weddings and other formal social occasions. These are very small cocktail hats or decorative headbands trimmed with feathers, silk flowers, faux jewels, bits of veiling, etc. You might check with Neiman's, Saks, Nordstrom and Tootsies to see if they carry them. If they don't, or their prices are astronomical, maybe High Fashion Fabrics has a local milliner they can recommend.

Actually, it wouldn't be hard to make a "fascinator" yourself -- most likely there are directions on the internet. Or, you might ask a creative family member or friend to concoct one for you.

I simply can't imagine taking a big, bulky hatbox on a trip to France.

Old 03-18-2011, 07:04 PM

20,677 posts, read 21,463,608 times
I agree with Svensk08: what you buy here in Houston will most likely be NOT in fashion in France!
I would make this kind of purchase in France.

here is one in Houston:
Ladies church suits, Designer Ladies Suits for Special Occasions
Phone: 713-589-4780, Fax: 866-892-4804
email: info@elegantfamilyfashions.com

Top Dress Hats Sites

Info on fascinator hats:
http://www.thebudgetfashionista.com/...scinator-hats/
http://covellifashion.wordpress.com/...or-fascinator/
or just google: how to make your own fascinator ( very easy!!! )

Last edited by elnina; 03-18-2011 at 08:20 PM..

Old 03-23-2011, 10:02 AM

14 posts, read 10,097 times
Thanks for the feedback. Good point that a hat box could be difficult to carry!
The bride has definitely said to wear a hat, and I was able to find hats to try at Dillards. They had a pretty good selection. I didn't look at the other stores so I can't comment on their selections. Macy's didn't have any.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston