Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2011, 07:59 PM

415 posts, read 449,662 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas User View Post
I live in Katy. No problems.
That's where it wall went down. In Katy. South Katy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2011, 06:02 PM

12,671 posts, read 23,806,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface713 View Post
I wouldn't say "much more". Maybe "slightly" more, but they are about the same.
Cinco Ranch compare to North Katy?

Old 04-16-2011, 07:11 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,954,148 times
Quote:
Cinco Ranch compare to North Katy?
Yes, because Cinco is all of South Katy.

Old 04-17-2011, 12:59 AM

Quote:
What about Kelliwood?

Old 04-17-2011, 10:12 AM

5 posts, read 10,899 times
I am not surprised and I saw it coming. Katy used to be a real nice place.
Katy developed too fast and not all of it was good. A lot of builders put up some cheap cookie-cutter neighborhoods and apartments... It is getting pretty congested and in some areas it is starting to look like any other inner-city. IMO...

In many of the older and nicer neighborhoods the original home owners have moved out. It's actually sad to drive in some of these neighborhoods and see what is slowly happening. Some people just don't give a crap about the yards.. cars, driveways, etc.. It is probably the same when it comes to parenting.

I remember Katy 15-20 years ago way before Grand Parkway was fully developed. I know of several families that paid a lot of money for their homes back then. They raised their kids and moved out to avoid what is happening.

It is still very nice in some areas but unforanetly for those homeowners the area around them is going south.

I do not live in Katy but go out there once a year to visit an old friend. Every time I go out there it seems different. His house is on the market..

Old 04-17-2011, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by captmorgan1 View Post
I am not surprised and I saw it coming. Katy used to be a real nice place.
Katy developed too fast and not all of it was good. A lot of builders put up some cheap cookie-cutter neighborhoods and apartments... It is getting pretty congested and in some areas it is starting to look like any other inner-city. IMO...

In many of the older and nicer neighborhoods the original home owners have moved out. It's actually sad to drive in some of these neighborhoods and see what is slowly happening. Some people just don't give a crap about the yards.. cars, driveways, etc.. It is probably the same when it comes to parenting.

I remember Katy 15-20 years ago way before Grand Parkway was fully developed. I know of several families that paid a lot of money for their homes back then. They raised their kids and moved out to avoid what is happening.

It is still very nice in some areas but unforanetly for those homeowners the area around them is going south.

I do not live in Katy but go out there once a year to visit an old friend. Every time I go out there it seems different. His house is on the market..
It's not that bad. I do agree that congestion has increased a lot, but there is a lot of road projects going on, too. But, Katy doesn't look anything like the inner city.

Old 04-17-2011, 12:04 PM

Katy is very reputable and can be compared to Sugar Land and any other suburb in Houston.

Traffic is everywhere. We have the 4th largest population, what do you expect?

Old 04-17-2011, 12:16 PM

171 posts, read 414,251 times
Quote:
Katy is very reputable and can be compared to Sugar Land and any other suburb in Houston.

Traffic is everywhere. We have the 4th largest population, what do you expect?
The main difference with Katy and Sugar Land is the way they were developed. Sugar Land was ridiculously careful while Katy is more of a free for all unincorporated area. I mean Cinco Ranch is like Sugar Land but once you cross the Harris County boundary it's just a lot less regulated. Compare Mason and Kingsland to Mason and Westheimer Parkway and you will see what I mean. I just dont know what will become of the Northside in 20 years with neighborhoods near Mayde Creek and even newer ones around Bridgewater and Raintree. Go to Bridgewater Meadow off of Clay and I guarantee you it will not feel anything like Cinco Ranch. Almost a whole other world...

Old 04-17-2011, 02:54 PM

430 posts, read 1,256,819 times
Quote:
If that was a typo and you meant "in" rather than "of", okay. But Cinco is not all of South Katy ... there's Kelliwood, Seven Meadows, Grand Lakes, Hickory Creek, Grayson Lakes, Silver Ranch, etc. etc. etc...

Old 04-17-2011, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasCatherine View Post
If that was a typo and you meant "in" rather than "of", okay. But Cinco is not all of South Katy ... there's Kelliwood, Seven Meadows, Grand Lakes, Hickory Creek, Grayson Lakes, Silver Ranch, etc. etc. etc...
You missed the sarcasm. I know too much about Katy. I'm from there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRBoyd91 View Post
The main difference with Katy and Sugar Land is the way they were developed. Sugar Land was ridiculously careful while Katy is more of a free for all unincorporated area. I mean Cinco Ranch is like Sugar Land but once you cross the Harris County boundary it's just a lot less regulated. Compare Mason and Kingsland to Mason and Westheimer Parkway and you will see what I mean. I just dont know what will become of the Northside in 20 years with neighborhoods near Mayde Creek and even newer ones around Bridgewater and Raintree. Go to Bridgewater Meadow off of Clay and I guarantee you it will not feel anything like Cinco Ranch. Almost a whole other world...
Those areas have been there for years. Their value will go up once Bridgeland and The Grand Parkway is built. There are a lot of master-planned communities planned for the prairies north of Clay and west of Fry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston