U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 01:51 PM

31 posts, read 151,946 times

Advertisements

the neighbor has party until mid of the night with loud music in back yard. talked with him couple of times and nothing changed. I am wondering report to HOA will help? I do not want to call the police.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2011, 02:34 PM

2,783 posts, read 6,346,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by epec View Post
the neighbor has party until mid of the night with loud music in back yard. talked with him couple of times and nothing changed. I am wondering report to HOA will help? I do not want to call the police.
Generally speaking, an HOA is not there to mediate neighbor to neighbor disputes. Either buy earplugs or call the cops.

Old 04-13-2011, 02:38 PM

49,154 posts, read 70,414,781 times
The law:
NPC Law Library: Houston TX Noise Ordinance

If the problem is noise and you believe that the noise is above the noise ordinance then HPD asks that you call 832-394-0000. This number should only be used for noise complaints and is not to be used for emergencies or in anyway to replace calling 9-1-1. Calling this number will allow a rapid response by an officer with a noise meter to hopefully arrive while the noise is occurring.
Frequently Asked Questions (http://www.downtownstreets.com/frequently_asked_questions.htm - broken link)

http://houston.backpage.com/Groups/h...rorism/7292894
Love the picture!!

Old 04-13-2011, 02:41 PM

2,465 posts, read 5,427,429 times
Cops will take care of that. In my old house the guy two houses away from me used to have this wild swinger, drugs, pool parties. None of that was my business except the loud music around midnight. I could hear the music in my bedroom..Cops were called by various neighbors 3 times on them and the cops were really nice about it. 4th time the cops weren't as nice and most of the folks including the owner went down for drugs. Ooopsss

We also tried the talking nicely about it route but that didn't work. O well.....

Old 04-13-2011, 03:43 PM

443 posts, read 1,711,343 times
My wife normally just calls the cops. Sometimes I will go over and ask that they keep it down. Especially when my neighbors behind us were shooting off fireworks in their back yard. Wasn't even 4th of July. I am finding since we happen to have a large Indian population that they like to celebrate their Indian holidays with fireworks and loud Bollywood music.

Old 08-10-2012, 11:38 PM

20 posts, read 194,454 times
The new number to call is HPD's non-emergency line: 713-884-3131. Just tell them you would like to file a noise complaint and they will ask you the address and a few follow up questions and they tend to be random. The first few times they asked me if any of the suspects are African-American or Latino specifically. The most recent time they asked me if any of the suspects appear to be mentally-challenged.

I don't know how efficient they are. I also don't know if they ever showed up as the only reason I ever called them were because people would go into the community pool after the closing time of 10PM and make noise. The people generally leave before the cops showed up. Perhaps the cops did show up and asked them to leave. I would prefer to think it's the latter so I know my tax dollars are at work.

Old 08-10-2012, 11:46 PM

192 posts, read 411,335 times
Call the cops and be DONE with their inconsiderate crap!
Another option if you have access, shut their breakers off or pull their fuses! I have done this with past neighbor scum when they partied in the wee hours during the week!
Very effective since it's hard to party in the dark when you're S**t faced!

T.

Old 08-11-2012, 11:53 AM

162 posts, read 519,879 times
do what that dude in the news did recently. just go over and shoot them. that will quiet them up a bit.

but seriously. why would you not want to call the police? either its not that bad, and you should just deal with it. maybe turn up your tv or get earplugs.
or it is that bad, and you should call the police and get it taken care of.

Old 08-11-2012, 06:03 PM

4,246 posts, read 11,345,647 times
Old thread is old.

Old 08-12-2012, 02:12 AM

20 posts, read 194,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by likeeveryoneelse View Post
do what that dude in the news did recently. just go over and shoot them. that will quiet them up a bit.

but seriously. why would you not want to call the police? either its not that bad, and you should just deal with it. maybe turn up your tv or get earplugs.
or it is that bad, and you should call the police and get it taken care of.
You assume police actually comes out to take care of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston